1.    #1  
    I just noticed that the SimpleBible application uses html files for rendering the bible text. That tells me that the developer has learned how to present local pages on the Pre.

frankos72, can you take a brief break from SimpleBible to give us a quick-n-dirty local html broswer??

Put a donate link in your positive response, I'm sure the rest of the community will join me in funding this.
    doesn't the Mojo webview widget support local html files?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Is Mojo webview a patch or something I can install as a user? Or, is that a tool a developer would use to enable the function within an app?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Cool...Thanks.
    Palm Reader finds all html files in your media partition, and allows you to open and view them. Doesn't handle links, but works great for styled text, images, etc.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Palm Reader finds all html files in your media partition, and allows you to open and view them. Doesn't handle links, but works great for styled text, images, etc.
    Whoa! How did I miss that? Thanks for the heads up!
    So, you'll have to forgive my ignorance...how does the widget help me view local html files? I know that Palm Reader will find them, but I absolutely need links. Any help?
  9.    #9  
    We've been back and forth on this topic, both here and on the other URL listed directly above, but I have not found a surefire way to access local files via html, including other .html files, image and sound files, et cetera themselves other than running a server and accessing them via localhost.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12Ga View Post
    We've been back and forth on this topic, both here and on the other URL listed directly above, but I have not found a surefire way to access local files via html, including other .html files, image and sound files, et cetera themselves other than running a server and accessing them via localhost.
    well, for sounds and images, Internalz works.

As I've said before, an application with a webview widget should be able to view local html files