Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Seymour77's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
       #1  
    I didn't upgrade my Pre.
    I'm using 1.3.1 sprint FW.

    I didn't because i can see a lot of problems but i think it's better to put all these issues in one 3d and see if and when they would fix.


    For what i've understand

    1) catalog in not working for countries where pre is unofficial.
    2).....
  2. Seymour77's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
       #2  
    1) catalog in not working for countries where pre is unofficial.
    2) it seems that most of the patches work fine only if english is set up as language
  3. #3  
    I upgrade today my Pre to 1.3.1 GSM version (italian language)

    It works fine without particulary problems, more responsive and fast


    Issues:

    1) Catalog doesn't work (no problem howerver, Preware works fine for me)
    2) Browser lag on same websites (only on big websites)
    3) Virtual Keyboard works but with some problems: backspace doesn't work for example and the sometimes the virtual keyboard doesn't disappear when i do a double tap
  4. #4  
    Hi fivendra, I'm from Italy as well and I just downloaded it. Do you have a prepaid sim or a data plan contract?
    In the first case scenario, does the data switch off works?
    Thanks
  5. hartmund's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #5  
    edit: never mind
    Last edited by hartmund; 11/23/2009 at 09:42 AM.
  6. #6  
    Uk here,

    Pictures viewed or downloaded through web browser or Backgrounds app look pixelated and the colours are off. Those downloaded through email attachments are fine.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Hi fivendra, I'm from Italy as well and I just downloaded it. Do you have a prepaid sim or a data plan contract?
    In the first case scenario, does the data switch off works?
    Thanks
    I have a data plan contract: H3G Italy Top 7
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fivendra View Post
    I upgrade today my Pre to 1.3.1 GSM version (italian language)

    It works fine without particulary problems, more responsive and fast


    Issues:

    1) Catalog doesn't work (no problem howerver, Preware works fine for me)
    2) Browser lag on same websites (only on big websites)
    3) Virtual Keyboard works but with some problems: backspace doesn't work for example and the sometimes the virtual keyboard doesn't disappear when i do a double tap
    Unfortunately webos 1.3.1 does not officially support virtual keyboard so i wouldnt exactly call it a 13.1 issue .

    However i agree the app catalog is the biggest gripe i have for the 1.3.1 update.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Unfortunately webos 1.3.1 does not officially support virtual keyboard so i wouldnt exactly call it a 13.1 issue .

    However i agree the app catalog is the biggest gripe i have for the 1.3.1 update.
    I Know this, but if a developer releases an application (also if a beta), I'd like it worked (at least in the basic functions)
  10. #10  
    Hi to all from the Netherlands

    I upgraded my unlocked German Palm Pre (I'm on the T-Mobile network in Holland) this morning to 1.3.1 and must say that I'm very hapyy with it. So the App Catalog don't work, no deal breaker for me at all. I'm sure some clever dude will come with a patch to sort this out pretty soon. Before 1.3.1, I could not get the youtube app to work at all, now it works like da bom ;-). I decided to upgrade using "WebOS Doctor" as I hacked around my Pre quite a bit and did not wanna take any chances.

    At initial bootup, it requested my Palm Profile credentials. This time, no hacking required!! I had the option to enter APN details for my network, yeah! Once setup, my backed up data got synced down to my Pre...NICE.

    A few minutes ago I re-installed Preware and now I'm ready to go again.

    Take care people.

    __________________
    Palm Pilot > Palm m505 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 680 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
  11. #11  
    I can't open as many cards!!!!!
  12. #12  
    Gtalk puts a character limit. Only 2 lines for response. Really really annoying. I did remove preware patches/themes before the update.

    (Spanish Pre, Movistar)
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyll05 View Post
    I can't open as many cards!!!!!
    Same issue here, which is really annoying! I've never had the to many cards open error before. Now I can't open the browser without closing anyother cards. And vica versa. Really weird. Might be a patch problem. But I don't have that many installed. Certainly not more then pre 1.3.1
  14. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyll05 View Post
    I can't open as many cards!!!!!
    I had this when I first installed Sprint 1.3.1 about 2 weeks ago. It was OK after a reboot. Now flashed back to EU 1.3.1 and not seen the problem again.

Posting Permissions