Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nixtus View Post
    I had the same problem (imported O2 Germany in Norway), it seems like the profile you made with the old firmware, still has the backup of some configuration files.
    The solution is as simple as making a new profile with your palm pre.

1. Webosdoctor it first
    2. Make a new profile instead of logging in with your old one
    3. When logged in, do a full erase (everything on your USB-drive will be lost (photo, music and stuff)) - (Device info -> Bottom: Reset Options -> Full Erase)

4. When finished, login with your new palm profile..

I hope this will work for you aswell. It did with me and 2 other people who has tried it.
    Hi - I am in a similar situation - imported O2 German Pre operating in Cyprus on the local Cyta/Vodaphone network. After creating my profile at the German O2 shop, I switched to my own SIM and everything worked fine. Suddenly a couple of days ago, I started getting the Unable to send SMS error, and the phone would not log in to 3G for data.
    Do you think I could carry out your instructions without the phone needing to go back to Germany again to create the new profile??
    Also, I tried to update the APN settings, which when set to Manual seem blank, and I also get an error.
    I have just update to 1.3.5.1 so now i can't sent SMS. How can i update APN setting? Anybody have suggestions?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    In my situation reuploading the CarrierNettworkSettings.db3 file worked. Didn't have souch problem after 1.3.5.2 update.

Try to get the Carrier setings database, edit it and then uplode it to the phone. Afther that i was able to send SMS and edit Manual data settins in the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    In my situation reuploading the CarrierNettworkSettings.db3 file worked. Didn't have souch problem after 1.3.5.2 update.

Try to get the Carrier setings database, edit it and then uplode it to the phone. Afther that i was able to send SMS and edit Manual data settins in the phone.
    Can you give me a few more technical details on how to do this?
    Many thanks
    I have just hard reset and and now i can sent SMS. Please remember use pre with sim card that you setting anything for the first use. I have try to use another sim and i can't sent SMS.
    I have hard resetted the phone - deleted everything, but now it asks for phone settings to be entered manually, and always gives the error Unable toWrite Settings.
    Very annoying situation.
    Will try to resolve it in Germany at O2 - hopefully we can rectify the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by yiannos View Post
    I have hard resetted the phone - deleted everything, but now it asks for phone settings to be entered manually, and always gives the error Unable toWrite Settings.
    Very annoying situation.
    Will try to resolve it in Germany at O2 - hopefully we can rectify the problem.
    You must use sim card have GPRS connection because for the first time you need set up pre by internet. Try again.
    Hi there ai45

ref --->Help! I have a problem with sending SMS. I have an unlocked QWERTZ GSM Pre and I am unable to send any SMS whilst using a SIM from a particular provider. I have no problems in sending SMS using a UK Vodafone, Singapore Singtel or Malaysian Digi SIM but I cannot send if I use a DST Brunei SIM. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Or how to solve this issue?Thank you in advance for any advice

Have you finally found out the solution of the sending sms prob ? Aku jua org brunei pakai line DST tau B-Mobile - I cannot send sms at all since i had updated the phone for my Palm Pre , I got it from Germany - can you tell me if your problem has been resolved ? My number is 7109929 line DST and email is ryuon10@hotmail.com - Pls help me out with my sending sms problem thanks !!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12