1.    #1  
    The time on my pre drifts forward over time, I'd estimate at least 45 seconds per day. Every few days I notice that it is 3-4 minutes fast, and a reboot put it back to the correct time.

I don't know if this started with 1.3.1 or with a refurb phone I got about the same time (for a mic issue). I'm a launch day customer and have never had this problem until now.

Ideas?

(no patches, apps, or any modifications at all)
    I had this problem since I got my first phone on June 6. Continued through all updates, so I got a replacement from Sprint. I think its a rare hardware issue, as it doesn't seem very widespread. Go get a new one from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just noticed mine was doing it today. I had replaced my phone several weeks ago after my dog ate my old one. I'm going to call sprint an see if they get a lot of reports of it.
    I don't know that this so rare, it happens to me too!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I noticed the same problem several weeks ago on my 2 month old Pre from Amazon. Here's what I do to sync the time. Turn ON Airplane mode, wait about a minute, and then turn OFF airplane mode. The time will then match the www . time . gov official US time website.
  6.    #6  
    Has anyone actually talked to Palm or Sprint about this?

I realize that it will "fix" by turning off/on the radio or by rebooting. But heck, it don't want to do that - absolutely crazy for a phone like this to not be able to keep correct time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwolf View Post
    ....... I had replaced my phone several weeks ago after my dog ate my old one......
    Studies have shown that dog food is (for the most part) healthier for a shiny coat than Palm Pres. Just because it's supposed to be a smartphone, doesn't necessarily mean that your dog will get any smarter by eating them.
    Maybe the forward time drift is a feature to make sure you're never late.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Studies have shown that dog food is (for the most part) healthier for a shiny coat than Palm Pres. Just because it's supposed to be a smartphone, doesn't necessarily mean that your dog will get any smarter by eating them.
    She only ate my phone because she couldn't find my homework.
    heh heh
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    on the good side, now you have a very mobile wifi hub...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    on the good side, now you have a very mobile wifi hub...
    Yes but unfortunately the small intestine counts as roaming.
    It's good to see other funny ppl here besides me.
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    Has anyone actually talked to Palm or Sprint about this?

I realize that it will "fix" by turning off/on the radio or by rebooting. But heck, it don't want to do that - absolutely crazy for a phone like this to not be able to keep correct time.
    I actually spoke with Palm and Sprint support on multiple occasions about this. Palm blamed it on bad time info coming from Sprint's towers (ludicrous, because Sprint phones within 5 feet of my Pre had the correct time). Sprint blamed it on an unknown issue (probably hardware) and promptly replaced the phone. I've had no issues since.

btw, I had the same problem WITH and WITHOUT network time enabled and with and without patches. I had the issue even before homebrew became a normal thing and started patching.
    i have the same issue! i hope they fix this! its embarressing not to know what the time is!
    Funny, mine seems to have stopped this behavior, time has stayed relatively constant (well except for advancing forward once a minute ;-) ) for about the last two weeks.
    update network settings.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    FWIW, my time has always run fast since day one, so I took mine into a Sprint Corporate store, where they tested it and said there is something wrong with it (really?) and that the battery was bad. There giving me a new one. My battery was draining about 10% per hour.