Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Just gone to 1.3.1, now I have to hit enter to confirm my pin.

Anyone seen a patch to get rid, before I just put the 4 didgits in and that was it...
    Yeah I noticed that, you have to hit 'Done', god it's annoying.
    ive had 1.3.1 sprint for a while now, i can say, you do get used to it, but its annoying at first.

Its to do with the maximum pin length being changed, before it was only 4 digits, now its alot more and hence for security reasons the pre just cant automatically unlock when the correct pin length is established even though the actual pin code may be wrong.
    But is that not the difference between simple pin and password though? Or is the difference meant to be the variation of characters from purely numbers? Surely a longer pin would count as a password?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billfred View Post
    But is that not the difference between simple pin and password though? Or is the difference meant to be the variation of characters from purely numbers? Surely a longer pin would count as a password?
    Yes you are correct, however a pin is, as it says, a pin (personal identification number)

I preferred the pin when it was a standard 4 digits, but i guess this gives us more flexibility, oh well (though if i wanted flexibility i would have used a password instead)
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I suppose that the advantage of a PIN (rather than a password) is that you don't have to open the keyboard.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    I suppose that the advantage of a PIN (rather than a password) is that you don't have to open the keyboard.

Andrew
    Makes sense

That, and the pin screen looks rather nicer than the password dialog box, just my 2p.
    The PIN can also be as small as just 1 digit.. I like the fact that anyone who picks up a locked Pre doesnt know if the PIN is 4 numbers, 1 number, or 8 numbers, etc..

Now, if they would only give me options longer than "30 minutes" before the PIN is required..
    You'll get used to it. Annoying as it may be now, it is a good security feature as has been stated. In Palm's defense, ATM pins have always been 4 digits and they require you to press enter when you are done.