1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    I have a German GSM in Norway. I did the 1.31. update of webos. Most thing is ok (app store is there, but can not buy apps ), BUT:

Where is the toogle switch for GPS on / off, which used to reside in "Location Services" ?

Can we not control (anymore) when to use GPS or not?

Regards,
    Anders H.
    I missed this switch too. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
    There are some patches and homebrew apps to switch GPS. Let's hope that works. (I didn't try it yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
    Hello all,
    I have a German GSM in Norway. I did the 1.31. update of webos. Most thing is ok (app store is there, but can not buy apps ), BUT:

Where is the toogle switch for GPS on / off, which used to reside in "Location Services" ?

Regards,
    Anders H.
    They actually just reconfigured the option location. Under location services, click preferences and then locate me using. Uncheck both items and your GPS chip will be turned off.
    It is still there, just in a new place.

Go into Location services and click the app name in the top left to open the menu. There is now an option there called locate me using...

From there you have the option of Use GPS and Google services. Just click on each one to tick or untick the option
  5.    #5  
    Not a very transparent solution from Palm this... where is the usability?

But: this forum - Thank you God, and thank you guys!
    I've installed "GPS In Device Menu" from Preware to get around this quicker
    Well i cant get google maps to work. Just says my location aint available
    Yeah I have the same problem. After I upgraded to 1.3.1 GPS don't work. I've checked that it's turned on, but still I get "no location" in google maps.
    Seems you have to have "Use google services" checked for it to work in Google maps.

(I've no idea what it means by "Google services"??)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueC View Post
    Seems you have to have "Use google services" checked for it to work in Google maps.

(I've no idea what it means by "Google services"??)
    My "Google Services" is selected by the way...

What I noticed is that the "locate me button" when pressed, it zooms roughly to my location, however the blue dot is missing !!!
    So is there a fix for that?

Thanks
    Vas
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    My "Google Services" is selected by the way...

What I noticed is that the "locate me button" when pressed, it zooms roughly to my location, however the blue dot is missing !!!
    So is there a fix for that?

Thanks
    Vas
    First time I used the GPS it took probably 5-10 minutes before it got a fix and displayed the blue dot correctly, its been working flawless ever since.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    First time I used the GPS it took probably 5-10 minutes before it got a fix and displayed the blue dot correctly, its been working flawless ever since.
    I finally got a fix too and I get the blue dot now
    I was puzzled by the lack of a proper "on/off" switch for gps as well but I figured that Palm had done what has always seemed so obvious to me with my iphone and that is: Why not have an option for those who only use GPS in certain apps like say... google maps... to have the option of that program asking permission to access gps and when it's closed turn off gps to save battery life. But as most know on the iphone it's either on, or off and the programs can't change that. I thought that my solution was exactly what palm was doing as I had the switch in the "manual" mode and it asked me when I entered a GPS enabled app. However when I got the gps toggle for the right hand dropdown menu it said GPS was on when I had no cards open and gps set to manual so what gives? When I turn it off using that toggle it no longer asks me and sometimes kills my data connection. Anyone else or am I alone in this?