Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, this morning i upgraded my O2 (German, unlocked) Pre to WebOS 1.3.1 but after the upgrade the App catalog became unavailable. I'm currently using it in Italy with a Vodafone SIM Card but App Catalog is unavailable with both Vodafone 3G Connection or my home ADSL (Wind/Infostrada). Data connection is ok (Web and eMail works with no problems).

So i decided to webdoctor the Pre with 1.3.1, everything went fine, i reconnected my Palm Profile but App Catalog is still unavailable.

Any hint on how can i solve this problem?

Thank you in advance
    Luca

-----------------------
    [Moderator Note]
    If you are having this problem, detailed instructions have been added here:
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues

This will give you links and step-by-step instructions.
    ----------------------
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/02/2010 at 10:30 AM.
    Same here (in the Netherlands) after upgrading to 1.3.1. Maybe we should wait until they wake up in California...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Sounds like the app catalog only supports the countries where the Pre is officially available?? That is bad news, even worse than no paid apps, as I'm in the Netherlands as well.

I didn't update yet. Idea: change your location to Germany, or Spain (or UK, but that would have you go away from euro/metric systems I guess)
    I sure hope the App Catalogue is temporarily down and not because of Geographical restriction. The latter is a bad idea since people are often on the move.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I don't think it will be your actual location (hopefully), but more likely the country you set in regional settings preferences app.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Sorta the same thing happened to me here in Maryland, USA. I could view Apps but whenever I tried to download something. I'd get an "App Catalog Unavailable" error and my download would be cancelled. I did a partial erase (via Device Info) and that fixed the issue for one day. Then the problem ame back. Then I updated my PRL and Network settings (via Phone prefs) and did an Orange-Sym-R reset. Suddenly I'm able to download once again from the App Catalog. Wonder if it had something to do with my latest network settings, probably not, dunno ...
  7.    #7  
    Hi, as a test i reverted back to WebOS 1.1.3 and App Catalog came back to life, than upgraded again to 1.3.1 and App Catalog is gone... i tried with Orange-Sym-R reset, regional setting and language setting to United Kingdom and a mix of the two but still App Catalog is unavailable.
    About PRL settings ... where can i found them? I checked under Device info > More info but can't find them. One strange thing i noticed that under More Info, as "Carrier" ("Gestore" in the italian translation) i see a strange "ROW" (while i'm using Vodafone... maybe it's that i manually set the APN?)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Update PRL settings under Phone Preferences ... But if they're not there then perhaps our regional settings are different.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Oh, see this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Oh, see this thread.
    That's for people who upgraded their GSM pre to the US version of 1.3.1 not the euro version of 1.3.1.

I'm hoping it's not available because they are trying to get the paid apps section to work or the servers are a bit overwhelmed today. will have to wait and see.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Is it unavailable right on access of the app catalog or when you try to download and install something?
  12.    #12  
    Right on access... i see for few seconds the empty "app catalog" and after that, without doing anything, the "App catalog unavailable" error...
    I have the same "error" - i am from austria. it looks that is really based on the country with sim-card we use.

i changed my stettings to gemany but still the same... :-(

rené
    Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    It probably supports only Palm Pre official carriers which means you have to use O2 sim-cards or Spanish ones.

Hopefully I am WRONG!
    I get that same error. Telenor in Denmark, unlocked german gsm pre.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I am in the us and I can'tdownload from the app catalog. It tells me i don't have enough memory but I do. I have only used 2G. Sprint tells me I need to perform a hard reset. Before doing that, any other suggestions?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    This is completely beyond me??? Who benefits from policies like this? Why Palm & O2 enforce their exclusivity deal on the App catalog?

Update:
    - Hopefully the webosinternal guys can cook up a patch to trick the app atalog in thinking we have an O2 SIM or other German SIM (id they work that is)?
    - Developers will be the victim of this policy, it will result in pirated apps/warez for sure...
    Last edited by spud101; 11/23/2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    This is completely beyond me??? Who benefits from policies like this? Why Palm & O2 enforce their exclusivity deal on the App catalog?

Update:
    - Hopefully the webosinternal guys can cook up a patch to trick the app atalog in thinking we have an O2 SIM or other German SIM (id they work that is)?
    - Developers will be the victim of this policy, it will result in pirated apps/warez for sure...
    I don't believe the app catalog issue has anything to do with the exclusivity deal.
    I can use the App catalog and im in Denmark with german GSM unlock Pre
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    That's weird, great for you! What's your operator? This is turning in some mystery then

You have updated to the european 1.3.1, right?
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast