Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Yes I can see Classic. Strangely I can't see my free app MediPDA though I have checked it for all countries in the latest update submission.
    Anyone else can see MediPDA?
    could you please re-upload the files to rapidshare?
    [QUOTE=palmdoc2005;20641[/QUOTE

I can see it here in Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Im getting this error:

cp: target '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/resourses/en_ie' is not a directory.

Someone have a clue why is this happening?!
    Ok, me too I had this error...
    I put here all the commands worked (w/some modifications) for me:

1)copy all the files _http://www.mediafire.com/file/ezomtzuomxd/App Catalog 1.1.3 -[360].zip (remember to remove the "_") on your Pre in (usb mode)

2) install terminal on your Pre (preware)

3) reboot your Pre

4) Launch terminal

5) write command : (be carrefull with spaces)

mount / -oremount,rw
    cd /media/internal
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./audiod-config-eu_1.0-5_castle.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-100_all.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./sweatshop-wr-castle_1.0-13_armv7.ipk
    cd /media/internal/com.palm.app.findapps
    cp -Rf * /usr/palm/applications/
    reboot

6) if you want to reverse this procedure, reapply all the commands above but with these files _http://www.mediafire.com/file/2mzqnjfomaz/1.3.1 App Catalog -[360].zip (remember to remove the "_")

Please hit "thanks" to Shadow-360 for the files and dleira for this great intuition, now I have my catalogue back (168 apps - Italy - Wind operator - GSM Pre O2 qwertz sim-free unlocked).
    Last edited by M4st3r; 11/26/2009 at 03:33 AM.
    uae dubai (etisalat) no apps, i guess i have to downgrade the App Catalog to version 1.1.3.

this is lame from Palm, but thx to the Devs and their support to make it work.
    Last edited by p25o1; 11/26/2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: fixed the post
    Quote Originally Posted by pirre View Post
    Excuse me!
    These are new files to overwrite those we have installed before or are only in case the Palm fix the problem?
    1.1.3 files are what people need for this method to work.

In doing so you are overwriting the 1.3.1 files already on the device.

So, if palm does fix the problem then we need to go back to 1.3.1 so the changes can take to effect, and hence we need to replace the files back, which is what the 1.3.1 files are for.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    1.1.3 files are what people need for this method to work.

In doing so you are overwriting the 1.3.1 files already on the device.

So, if palm does fix the problem then we need to go back to 1.3.1 so the changes can take to effect, and hence we need to replace the files back, which is what the 1.3.1 files are for.
    Is it possible to rollback to 1.1.3 or cant you get hold that version of WebOS Doctor anymore? Ive gone a bit lazy with tweaking so would be happy if I just could reinstall some apps I used to have and the load 1.3.1 back on again.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    It is quite disconcerting to see the blatent illegal distribution of Palm proprietary files in this thread.

WebOS is not open source. It is a proprietary product of Palm. You cannot legally redistribute Palm files.

Anyone can download the webOS Doctor files from Palm, and extract any files they need for use on their own device, without violating copyright laws.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is quite disconcerting to see the blatent illegal distribution of Palm proprietary files in this thread.

WebOS is not open source. It is a proprietary product of Palm. You cannot legally redistribute Palm files.

Anyone can download the webOS Doctor files from Palm, and extract any files they need for use on their own device, without violating copyright laws.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    What he said. Posts edited / deleted. Please use the reported post functionality to report future postings like that.
    Does anyone has sucessfully recovered the 1.3.1 app-cat?
    I tried to, but i only get the old 1.1.3 app-cat.

Got an error message while executing the last ipk:
    Offline root mode: not running sweatshop-wr-castle.postinst
    It seems to be another ipk which is also needed.

EDIT: After the 3rd time it worked. Does WebOS Cache Files?
    Last edited by fresh4u; 11/27/2009 at 11:55 AM.
    I am in HK, the same has happened to me, 1.3.1 has blocked the Appl Catalog... free
    Thanks Rob again.... will try......
    I followed all the above steps.

I can only get 168 applications.

I can't see any paid applications.

I am in Hong Kong.
    This is probably the problem
    see yhis link
    MotionApps Customer Support
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fresh4u View Post
    Does anyone has sucessfully recovered the 1.3.1 app-cat?
    I tried to, but i only get the old 1.1.3 app-cat.

Got an error message while executing the last ipk:
    Offline root mode: not running sweatshop-wr-castle.postinst
    It seems to be another ipk which is also needed.

EDIT: After the 3rd time it worked. Does WebOS Cache Files?
    I got the same message But I couldn't make it work even after 3+ attempts. What did you do exactly ?
    Did you run through whole procedure 3 times, or you just installed the last IPK three times ?

ps. I checked with Preware ; I got three unknown installed packages listed :

Audio Policy Manager EU Configuration
    Version 1.0.13 of package sweatshop-wr-castle
    wr Customization info

It seems that I have successfully installed them, but I still don't have App Catalog

I tried the whole procedure one again (I also got Offline root mode message) but I finally got App Catalog

Thanks, Kreso
    Last edited by kresom; 11/30/2009 at 07:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    I followed all the above steps.

I can only get 168 applications.

I can't see any paid applications.

I am in Hong Kong.
    Same here in Croatia
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hello,
    When I first opend new pre it was old version and I was able to use app catalog but once I updated it says "App catalog unavailable" how can I go back to old version ?? in Android it never happens, I'm in Oman and I use unlocked pre, plz help.

Tnx
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fajwani View Post
    Hello,
    When I first opend new pre it was old version and I was able to use app catalog but once I updated it says "App catalog unavailable" how can I go back to old version ?? in Android it never happens, I'm in Oman and I use unlocked pre, plz help.

Tnx
    Hi,

I just updated my German Unlocked QWERTZ Pre GSM to 1.3.1 and have exactly the same problem How can I get access to the App Catalog so I can download apps like Twitter etc? Without this the phone is no fun

- RasmusJV, Denmark
    Lots of good things on 1.3.1 but there are WAY too many bugs, including some strange email problem, downgraded back to 1.1.3, some problems solved but some has remain, will keep lower version 1.1.3 for now.......

By the way, the Translator in App Catalog has GONE..... anyone can see it, I need this for simple lanuage processing.......
    Getting the preferences menu of the catalog back requires a 1 or 2 line change in App-Assistant on a German unlocked Pre running Sprint 1.3.1 in NL. They test whether the operator mcc is between 310 and 316 and disable the menu if not.
    I filled out an account page and the submit button waked up (see pictures). I did not try submit it, because I don't know what happens with my account, and I don't want to loose it right now (working Classic). One problem is that they require a USA address with a State and no country.
    I am also investigating getting the catalog entries itself back, which in my case is a blocked screen (try again later).

Could of few of you that have catalog entries displayed on a GSM pre 1.3.1, publish what the carrier displays in device info/more? And what does a 'web doctored, 1.3.1, non activated, with catalog entries' display as the carrier name in that screen?

Mine displays Carrier ROW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dick99999; 12/05/2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: webdoctered diaplay?