Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 194
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by dleira View Post
    Hi everybody... I tried and i have the app catalog.

    I extract files from european firmware 1.1.3

    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]

    2)extract on your computer (winrar...or something like that)

    3)copy all the files on your Pre in (usb mode)

    4) install terminal on your Pre (preware)

    5) reboot your Pre

    6) Launch terminal

    7) write command : (be carrefull with spaces)

    mount / -oremount,rw
    cd /media/internal
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./1.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./2.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./3.ipk
    cp -Rf com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/
    reboot

    8) now you have 161 apps!

    work in switzerland
    Nice find.

    Will this affect future updates from Palm. What if they release a new firmware to fix this problem in the next few days?
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    Nice find.

    Will this affect future updates from Palm. What if they release a new firmware to fix this problem in the next few days?
    Hes just used the instructions originally posted here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-firmware.html

    If they release a new firmware to fix it will most likely rewrite the app catalog so you wouldnt have to do anything, but to be on the safe side you should do the same instructions but with the same files (but from the 1.3.1 firmware) to reverse the process, then update.

    Ive been using 1.1.3 app catalog on 1.3.1 Sprint GSM Pre without any problems, seeing all 161 apps fine.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by dleira View Post
    Hi everybody... I tried and i have the app catalog.

    I extract files from european firmware 1.1.3


    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]

    2)extract on your computer (winrar...or something like that)

    3)copy all the files on your Pre in (usb mode)

    4) install terminal on your Pre (preware)

    5) reboot your Pre

    6) Launch terminal

    7) write command : (be carrefull with spaces)

    mount / -oremount,rw
    cd /media/internal
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./1.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./2.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./3.ipk
    cp -Rf com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/
    reboot

    8) now you have 161 apps!

    work in switzerland
    This line is not working
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./1.ipk
    No such file or directory

    and I cannot see any file called 1.ipk it in the downloaded file.

    Gx
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    This line is not working
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./1.ipk
    No such file or directory

    and I cannot see any file called 1.ipk it in the downloaded file.

    Gx
    What he means by 1st ipk is the name of the 1st ipk.

    Try these commands:

    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./audiod-config-eu_1.0-5_castle.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-100_all.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./sweatshop-wr-castle_1.0-13_armv7.ipk
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    What he means by 1st ipk is the name of the 1st ipk.

    Try these commands:

    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./audiod-config-eu_1.0-5_castle.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-100_all.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./sweatshop-wr-castle_1.0-13_armv7.ipk
    Not sure why but I need to add the full path to get them installed even though I was in the /media/internal directory.

    This worked for me

    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./media/internal/audiod-config-eu_1.0-5_castle.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./media/internal/palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-100_all.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./media/internal/sweatshop-wr-castle_1.0-13_armv7.ipk
    cp -Rf ./media/internal/com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/


    I have my apps back again.

    @dleira

    Gx
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    What he means by 1st ipk is the name of the 1st ipk.

    Try these commands:

    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./audiod-config-eu_1.0-5_castle.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-100_all.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./sweatshop-wr-castle_1.0-13_armv7.ipk
    Thanks! Those commands worked for me!!
    Anyway is better to do it with terminal of the computer and simply copy/attach!

    The catalog is back.... few applications but better than nothing!!
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by pirre View Post
    Thanks! Those commands worked for me!!
    Anyway is better to do it with terminal of the computer and simply copy/attach!

    The catalog is back.... few applications but better than nothing!!
    Glad its working for you =), remember to hit thanks

    Yes the terminal on the computer is much easier and simpler than on the terminal app on the pre
  8. #88  
    Have you seen this 3D? Full app catalog gsm pre
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...g-gsm-pre.html
    Is it a joke or while I was patching my Pre the Palm decided to give us the full catalog??!!
    Damn!!!
  9. #89  
    I dunno - still couldn't access the APp Catalog but now can see 161 apps when applying the above fix
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 11/25/2009 at 09:30 AM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  10. #90  
    So this is the only way to get app catalog working again?

    Palm will not fix it for us or release a new firmware?
  11. #91  
    "This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times."


    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]
  12. Lemstil's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #92  
    I have German O2 GSM Pre with 1.3.1 EU webOS in Finland, Sonera network.
    Shut down, removed battery, restarted.
    And yet, App Catalog is still completely unavailable.
    "Please try again later" Yeah, sure...
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Glad its working for you =), remember to hit thanks
    Is there a procedure to reverse this when Palm finally fix the problem
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Is there a procedure to reverse this when Palm finally fix the problem
    Yes, to reverse this simply perform toe same procedure but with the files from the EU 1.3.1 WebOS Doctor.

    The other member shouldnt really have uploaded them files but they are below
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 11/25/2009 at 03:12 PM.
  15. #95  
    Here you go.

    EU App catalog 1.1.3 - You need this one for the method <--

    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]
    EU App catalog 1.3.1 - If you wish to reverse the process and get original App catalog back use this:

    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 11/25/2009 at 03:12 PM.
  16. #96  
    Working for me Nice, nice, nice thanks !
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Here you go.

    EU App catalog 1.1.3 - You need this one for the method <--

    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]
    EU App catalog 1.3.1 - If you wish to reverse the process and get original App catalog back use this:

    _http://www.mediafire.com/file/2mzqnjfomaz/1.3.1 App Catalog -[360].zip

    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]
  18. #98  
    Im getting this error:

    cp: target '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/resourses/en_ie' is not a directory.

    Someone have a clue why is this happening?!
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Here you go.

    EU App catalog 1.1.3 - You need this one for the method <--


    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]

    EU App catalog 1.3.1 - If you wish to reverse the process and get original App catalog back use this:
    [ edit by dieter: no posting of copyrighted material and/or warez ]
    Excuse me!
    These are new files to overwrite those we have installed before or are only in case the Palm fix the problem?
  20. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #100  
    Can anyone whose done this now see the Classic App in the catalog?

Posting Permissions