Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 194
  1. vladi's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I'm going to a concert in Germany tonight. So I'll see whether the app catalog magically becomes available again when I cross the border, serving me probably only German apps if any apps at all...
    I don't think so unless you use O2 sim.
    What you can try is get some cheap prepaid O2 sim put it in your Pre and create new Palm Profile. After that you can switch sim back and you should be good.
  2. #62  
    FWIW I have App Catalog in the UK using an unlocked German Pre with Virgin Mobile UK SIM - but only free apps
  3.    #63  
    Just a short note to the user of "Classic" ... i opened a ticket at Motionapp website asking how can i use the software i paid for (Classic) if Palm's "App Catalog" is unavailable for users living in "unlucky" countries.
    They answered me they are working together with Palm in order to bring Classic back to the App Catalog in Europe as soon as possible.

    Hope "soon as possible" will be few days and not weeks...
    < m500 - m505 - m515 - T|T - T|3 - T|X - Centro - Pre>
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    FWIW I have App Catalog in the UK using an unlocked German Pre with Virgin Mobile UK SIM - but only free apps
    You are not using O2 Sim card and yet you can access the App Catalog.
  5. #65  
    Is there anywhere on the net that the removed free apps can be downloaded.

    I had downloaded Accuradio and the update wiped it from my Pre when I used webosdoctor.

    Surely the ipk files are somewhere to be found?

    Gx
  6. chrispazz's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #66  
    is still possible to use the 1.2.1 fix for the catalog (copying app from 1.1.3) ?
  7. #67  
    15:44 Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app03-14.logmeinrescue.com...
    15:44 Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    15:45 Support session established with A. Garcia.

    15:45 Griffinx: hello
    15:46 A. Garcia: Hello Thank you for Contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Alex. How may I help you with?
    15:46 Griffinx: hi. i updated my pre to 1.3.1 yesterday
    15:46 A. Garcia: Ok
    15:46 Griffinx: a lot of the apps i had downloaded were deleted
    15:47 A. Garcia: Ok
    15:47 Griffinx: i cant redownload
    15:47 A. Garcia: Very well, the only thing I am going to need before we proceed is the serial number for your device
    15:47 Griffinx: because they arent in the app catalgo
    15:47 Griffinx: how do i get this?
    15:47 A. Garcia: The serial number can be found on the back of your Pre. Take off the back cover. Underneath the battery, you will see an inscription that will say SN. The serial number is made out of letters and numbers
    15:48 Griffinx: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    15:48 Griffinx: ITS IN device info also
    15:49 A. Garcia: Could you hold on line for a moment I am going to consult about your issue Mr. Farrell
    15:49 Griffinx: ok
    15:55 A. Garcia: Be aware that the number of apps in the app catalogue will be reduced with the update, having only applications applicable to EMEA

    15:55 Griffinx: what is emea?

    15:59 A. Garcia has stopped servicing requests. Please wait.
    16:00 Support session established with A. Garcia.

    16:03 Griffinx: are you there?
    16:04 A. Garcia: Yes I am sorry about that, It just got disconnected
    16:04 Griffinx: what is EMEA?
    16:05 A. Garcia: Europe and Middle East Asia
    16:05 Griffinx: its not acceptable to just delete apps that we had access to previously
    16:08 A. Garcia: I understand sir, we are working on it
    16:08 Griffinx: When will the deleted apps be replaced?
    16:10 A. Garcia: We apologize but we are working on it to make it run as soon as possible. However we haven´t been given any information about when this will be
    16:11 Griffinx: Please inform your supervisor that I am angry that Palm did this. Thank you for your help.
    16:11 A. Garcia: You´re welcome and again We apologize for the inconvenience
    16:12 A. Garcia: Thanks for contacting Palm Technical Support. Have a nice day
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispazz View Post
    is still possible to use the 1.2.1 fix for the catalog (copying app from 1.1.3) ?
    Yes.

    I still have full 160+ apps in my App Catalog on 1.3.1
  9. chrispazz's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #69  
    great. I will apply it again.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispazz View Post
    great. I will apply it again.
    I´m sorry, but what and how are you going to do?
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by spallared View Post
    Just a short note to the user of "Classic" ... i opened a ticket at Motionapp website asking how can i use the software i paid for (Classic) if Palm's "App Catalog" is unavailable for users living in "unlucky" countries.
    They answered me they are working together with Palm in order to bring Classic back to the App Catalog in Europe as soon as possible.

    Hope "soon as possible" will be few days and not weeks...
    Hmm, here's the reponse from MotionApp I got:
    "As the only way to download and install Classic would be through the App Catalog we can only suggest you wait for the App Catalog and Classic to become available and then perform installation of Classic app."

    Doesn't sound like they're working hard...
    Last edited by robvanvliet; 11/24/2009 at 12:38 PM.
  12.    #72  
    Doesn't sound like they're working hard...
    Yes, this is exactly the first answer they gave to me, when i wrote back (quite angry) asking about the fact i paid to have something that now i cannot use they answered to me as i wrote in my last post.

    Regards
    < m500 - m505 - m515 - T|T - T|3 - T|X - Centro - Pre>
  13. #73  
    Maybe we should all use twitter with the same message and flood Palm ?

    Sth like

    #palm Please let us use App Catalog in countries where the Pre is still not available. We are your best ambassadors !
  14. #74  
    Couldn't use the App Catalog after the upgrade but tonight it's back again on T-Mobile in the UK.

    Don't know if switching off Dev Mode made a difference and it's still only the free apps.
  15. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #75  
    I don't use that many apps but in a try to get app store to load I reinstalled the device ...so now I don't have any apps at all and store still won't load. Like the updaze though but also getting tired of the bugs with cloud backup not working.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  16. #76  
    When you first got your Pre was it activated with a T-Mobile Sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillae View Post
    Couldn't use the App Catalog after the upgrade but tonight it's back again on T-Mobile in the UK.

    Don't know if switching off Dev Mode made a difference and it's still only the free apps.
  17. #77  
    I wouldn't trust the cloud and do a db3 backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I don't use that many apps but in a try to get app store to load I reinstalled the device ...so now I don't have any apps at all and store still won't load. Like the updaze though but also getting tired of the bugs with cloud backup not working.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    When you first got your Pre was it activated with a T-Mobile Sim?
    Yep it was I've never used anything else in the Pre apart from the Rebel Sim with the T-Mobile sim obviously
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispazz View Post
    is still possible to use the 1.2.1 fix for the catalog (copying app from 1.1.3) ?
    Hi! Can U explain what does it mean?
    Give us a wish that the catalog can back again!!!

    Another thing: I had installed Splash ID, Palm Classic (payed) and some other apps no so important like above!
    There is'nt a way to download these applications like files as we can do with the iPhone and the file.ipa???
  20. #80  
    Thank you! I'll have a go.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions