Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Well best inundate palm with complaints! I'll cut them some slack as the app catalogue is still in beta
    Already those of us who purchased unlocked Gsm Pre's have to put up with inconvenient warranty issues and unsubsidised cost.
    Least Palm could do is not to lock us out of 'beta testing' their app catalog
    I'll write an email ASAP.

We're being treated as second class users from the begining.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I hope the webos internal guys at least will soon now the details behind this. If it is true that the phone needs to be activated on a supported network than that may mean that jvvpc had it activated in Germany on O2. Can you confirm that jvvpc?

So if we webdoctored it and then activate it in Germany on O2 (I'm going there Thursday), this might be a solution.
    I'm curious if rebel sim users are having access problems?
    Same problem in Hong Kong, I can't purchase Classic....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi-Man View Post
    Same problem in Hong Kong, I can't purchase Classic....
    You also can't access the App Catalog?

I am in Hong Kong too.
    I am fortunate I purchased Classic earlier, but for those of you on 1.3.1, I guess you have to wait for Palm to fix this issue but suggest you email them and complain as well.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    You also can't access the App Catalog?

I am in Hong Kong too.
    Count me in too ! I'm in HK and I can't access the App Catalog and use Yahoo IM.. So frustrating..
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    guys there is a thread at palms forum,
    App Catalog Unavailable after upgrade to webos 1.3.1 - Palm Services for webOS - Palm Support Community
    maybe if we post there they will hear us, and at least we will know whats going on
    I'm heading to the Palm Forum to post there. I also set up a thread at their facebook page... App Catalogue in other countries | Facebook

*Very* annoyed.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Well best inundate palm with complaints! I'll cut them some slack as the app catalogue is still in beta
    Already those of us who purchased unlocked Gsm Pre's have to put up with inconvenient warranty issues and unsubsidised cost.
    Least Palm could do is not to lock us out of 'beta testing' their app catalog
    I just talked to a colleague who has iPod Touch (most of iPhone apps runs on Touch too) about this App Catalogue predicament.
    He told me he had experienced same kind of unavailability issues time to time with Touch software updates. After updates, some times AppStore was not available at all and sometimes only a fraction of apps were shown. These issues were then rectified soon after, though.
    And yes, there are some apps in AppStore too, known to be available only country by country basis.

I still have some, albeit faltered, confidence App Catalogue wil be available with apps in good numbers in a near future. Very near future, I hope!
    I have pre (german, unlocked gsm)
    No app catalog
    United arab Emarets
    I just finished chatting with a palm rep
    After checking with their resources, came up with this info " Web OS update might have caused this issue with the application catalgue"
    No definite time when this will be solved -
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Italy.
    catalog not available.....
  14.    #54  
    At least the positive thing is that they consider this an "issue" and not a "feature", hope they will resolve the problem in short time, i've paid for a Classic license that i cannot use because of that...
    < m500 - m505 - m515 - T|T - T|3 - T|X - Centro - Pre>
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Denmark. Danish network "3". Same settings as jvvpc but I get the "App Catalog unavailable" message?

jvvpc: How did you activate your phone? With a Danish TDC sim - or something similar? Or in Germany with a German O2 sim?

I activated my device with a danish TDC sim card which at the time allowed for a data connection, so I could complete the profile activation. I have English Language on my Phone.
    I was chatting with a buddy and we have a theory about the app catalog.
    It sounds like they customized the catalog for each market so that the Spanish catalog is not the same as the German etc. That must mean when requested the palm servers must look for location information and route you to the appropriate server. Perhaps for those of us who are not in those primary markets, the server does not have a place to send us and doesn't know where to send our request and throws up the unavailable answer.
    Since ultimately, we don't constitute a large number as yet no one has gotten around to fixing that problem yet especially since we're still in BETA anyway.

OK maybe we're just hoping since this isn't based on any facts.

honestly since there isn't much there and nothing to buy yet it's not really bothering me, especially since Preware works really well. If this was a long term problem it would be enough to drive even this hardcore palm person to another platform though so lets hope they aren't that stupid.
    Well I hope it's something that can be done server side rather than depend on another firmware update.
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    I suggest everyone gets on the chat with Palm reps and tell them about this issue.
    LINK TO PALM SUPPORT CHAT

Tell them that you are a frequent traveler and you have multiple local sims and it doesn't make sense to use O2 simcards in roaming due to outrageous roaming data charges in order to acces App Cat
    Maybe we can make some buzz

P.S. They might ask for Pre serial number so if you are using Sprint Pre and you are just willing to help your Euro buddies it might not work
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PEDICARDIO View Post
    I have pre (german, unlocked gsm)
    No app catalog
    United arab Emarets
    i also have the same probably we are the only two owners of pres in the UAE
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I'm going to a concert in Germany tonight. So I'll see whether the app catalog magically becomes available again when I cross the border, serving me probably only German apps if any apps at all...
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast