Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    yeah upgraded today like everybody else. I'm on 3 Denmark, there is less apps then before and it looks different, i also had to agree to some stuff before i could access first time.
    I have the German Palm Pre and I am in Hong Kong.

I can't access the App Catalog after updating to 1.31.
    I don't think Palm would be silly to lock the app catalog to certain networks only.

The German Palm Pre is sold unlocked and the benefit for this is that any sim card can be used with the phone.

Many people travel around the world so that means once they travel they are officially out of access to the app catalog? It is not right.

When I searched for any updates after updating successfully to 1.31. The update informed me that 2 applicaitons that I had installed before had an update available for download. I downloaded those sucessfully.

So there is got to be a way to access the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    yeah upgraded today like everybody else. I'm on 3 Denmark, there is less apps then before and it looks different, i also had to agree to some stuff before i could access first time.

when selecting the lenguage etc... what you have chosen? I have the german gsm pre. Using it in the czech republic with O2 carrier... I have chosen English - UK. and I cant access the app catalog
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    I had the agree thing popping up too but after that it wont load, just keeps telling me its unavailable.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Same here in Belgium (Base / KPN) with an unlocked German model. I tried to change country in settings but it won't help. If the availability is based on the country it's just.. stupid for Palm and developers as well...
    My language is English and haven't done anything special, the App catalog is v.1.0.0
    By the way I'm now unable to download Missing Sync in the Catalog :-( ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cedricgodart View Post
    By the way I'm now unable to download Missing Sync in the Catalog :-( ...
    I need Classic. I paid for it, but now there's no way to get access to it. This is anoying to say the least.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

I've switched from sprint 1.3.1 to O2 1.3.1 because I thinked that the hack to get the app catalog didnt work for 1.3.1 but it seems that it dont work at all!! I want to kill myself right now. 3 hours installing and patching to O2 1.3.1 for nothing!!!
    I have a German O2 PrPrPré $with$ $German$ $O2$ $SIM$-$card$ $running$ $1$.$3$.$1$ $in$ $Germany$ $but$ $use$ $it$ $in$ $English$.
    I can access the app store (had to click the 'agree' button 1st time I entered after 1.3.1 update), but it only has a limited amount of apps. A lot of apps have dissapeared (also free ones!) since I updated to 1.3.1 and there are no paid apps yet. I guess they still have to adjust some things on their European app servers. It would only be to their own advantage to have this running as soon as possible (I thought this was one of the main points of 1.3.1) so I assume it will work soon.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    I need Classic. I paid for it, but now there's no way to get access to it. This is anoying to say the least.
    Same situation for me... i just opened a ticket at Motionapp to see if they can help (after all i've paid for a software i cannot use anymore).
    Luckily I did not wipe anything from my device (other than theme and patches) so whatever I downloaded from the App Store is still there. I hope this thing is fixed soon!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Something is moving.
    When I tap on the shopping bag icon (bottom right) I get a list of installed apps and of possible updates. I used to get an error message immediately when tapping the icon. Now I get the App Catalog unavailable message after I try to update SplashID.
    One step at a time...
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Not available for me yet
    I'm in Australia on Optus. German unlocked Pre, updated OTA to 1.3.1. No App Catalog access for me either. I got prompted to agree to the new conditions, but now get hammered with the "App Catalog Unavailable" message when I try to open it.

Annoying!!
    Tim Carroll, Blogger
    I'm on Spain with original Movistar Pre and my App catalog still works, but I can't see any paid app and I have only 56 app's (before 1.3.1 I have ~170) but some of they are new.
    According to @chuq on Twitter, if you activated with a 'local' Sim (presumably non O2) then one cannot access the App Catalogue.
    So it looks like Palm's doing
    This is an ultrage! whats the meaning of selling unlocked Pre's?!?!??!?!?

Im getting sick of this. I love my Pre but this desrespect for the EU users is really pushing me to the limit. Im even thinking of switch my pre for an android phone.
    Well best inundate palm with complaints! I'll cut them some slack as the app catalogue is still in beta
    Already those of us who purchased unlocked Gsm Pre's have to put up with inconvenient warranty issues and unsubsidised cost.
    Least Palm could do is not to lock us out of 'beta testing' their app catalog
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast