Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I am still using the Findapp from 1.1.3 and I see 227 apps
    Hey doc, can I find Findapp in preware? I don't seem to locate it?
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    alright i'm using a German GSM Pre in Singapore, activated with a Singtel SIM. out of the box the Pre was on 1.1.3, and i grabbed as many apps as i could (including Classic trial) before updating to 1.3.1.

after updating, i still had app catalog access. then, recently, when the update for classic was avaliable, i selected it though updates, and it gave me the "app catalog unavaliable" message. today i turned on my phone again and the only app i could see was just classic, nothing else! how do i get my partial app catalog back, or should i wait for 1.3.5 and hope it gets restored?
    A quick check is MMS working on singtel for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    Hey doc, can I find Findapp in preware? I don't seem to locate it?
    He's referring to Palm's App Catalog app.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    He's referring to Palm's App Catalog app.

-- Rod
    But that would be strange because doc upgraded to 1.3.1, so could he be using 1.1.3 of the app catolog?
    Sent you a PM on how it's done. Anyway I just ran JayCanuck's WebOS repair utility and it restored Findapp (App Catalog) back to 1.3.1 now I only see one app - Classic!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    A quick check is MMS working on singtel for you?
    niceguy,

haven't tried cos i don't use mms. think it's a kinda obsolete thing.
    niceguy,

haven't tried cos i don't use mms. think it's a kinda obsolete thing.
    Not so sure... what if you are trying to send a vcard or contact to a friend, that would end up as an mms I think.

But would be glad if you can help confirm, cause I couldn't get both mms and gprs running, its either this or that on starhub.
    vcard is basically a binary format, so it can be sent via sms i think. looks like my mms works!
    vcard is basically a binary format, so it can be sent via sms i think. looks like my mms works!
    d%@#$%#&^$ need to try to get starhub to get my mms working now..sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by M4st3r View Post
    Ok, me too I had this error...
    I put here all the commands worked (w/some modifications) for me:

1)copy all the files _http://www.mediafire.com/file/ezomtzuomxd/App Catalog 1.1.3 -[360].zip (remember to remove the "_") on your Pre in (usb mode)

2) install terminal on your Pre (preware)

3) reboot your Pre

4) Launch terminal

5) write command : (be carrefull with spaces)

mount / -oremount,rw
    cd /media/internal
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./audiod-config-eu_1.0-5_castle.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-100_all.ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./sweatshop-wr-castle_1.0-13_armv7.ipk
    cd /media/internal/com.palm.app.findapps
    cp -Rf * /usr/palm/applications/
    reboot

6) if you want to reverse this procedure, reapply all the commands above but with these files _http://www.mediafire.com/file/2mzqnjfomaz/1.3.1 App Catalog -[360].zip (remember to remove the "_")

Please hit "thanks" to Shadow-360 for the files and dleira for this great intuition, now I have my catalogue back (168 apps - Italy - Wind operator - GSM Pre O2 qwertz sim-free unlocked).
    I tried these commands and all seems to work, as there are no errors except when I execute the 3rd file, I see:

configuring sweatshop-wr-castle
    (offline root mode. not running sweatshop-wr-castle.postinst)

reboot the pre, but app catalog still looks like 1.3.1 and still as empty as a desert.

Anyone can help?
    Okay, my bad, after some serious reading of a few posts, this link is much easier and works for me --> Re-Installing App Catalog v1.1.3

Now I have my 1.1.3 app catalog back, but with classic... strange
    Last edited by NiceGuy; 01/06/2010 at 08:16 AM.
    Well I had to revert back to 1.1.3 too. Update notified me of an updated Accuradio but could not download with 1.3.1's App Catalog - gives Catalog not available error even though it can detect an update.
    Anyway with 1.1.3 I can see and download the newer Accuradio (I think they've fixed the bug where Favorites were not stored) app and I can see 228 in total.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    i was able to update accuradio via Updates even though i couldn't access it in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Is there a way to patch (maybe) App Catalog, to see all the US apps? Free app downloading would be more than enough... Not dreaming of buying apps
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910