Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who here believe the Need for Speed video is a hoax? Too little support and too much counter evidence. (If that's a phrase hehe).

Point is that we don't need this added hype. The community will start demanding for this, when it probably is not even real.

Evidence:
    Evidence: Need For Speed video was a Hoax | The Mx Web

Comments?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    The App Catalog in the screenshots could very well be a different version than what we have. It could either be an internal version, or the out-of-beta version we'll be getting in a month or two.

I wouldn't be sooo sure that it is a hoax.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    What's wrong with "hype" and the community is already demanding for everything.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    The app divider missing is the only thing that makes me weary. The rest of the stuff can easily be explained by a different app catalog or different OS version.
    Why the need fora new thread on this?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Agreed. Not to mention double posting it in the thread it DOES belong in.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    The app divider missing is the only thing that makes me weary. The rest of the stuff can easily be explained by a different app catalog or different OS version.
    You may want to check the App Catalog on your Pre, because when I checked mine, the App Divider was missing on mine as well at the bottom. Check out the attachment below. My Pre is 1.3.1 and all stock, no patches, tweaks, etc.

I can be as skeptical as the next guy, but I think that video has something going for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    hparsons: I couldn't find the original thread on this, unless you're referring to Derek Kessler's article.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I don't understand why people think it is a hoax. We all know palm will add gpu support in the future. If they are going to do that, they will obviously work with a few developers for testing purposes.

Think of it this way. Remember when palm demoed Pandora months before the Pre's launch? Well they had to have been working with those developers months in advance. This is exactly what is going on here. Palm is adding gpu support like they said they would, and probably working with EA to have a "flagship" or "showpiece" app to demo when they announce it (CES I'm guessing)
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    You may want to check the App Catalog on your Pre, because when I checked mine, the App Divider was missing on mine as well at the bottom. Check out the attachment below. My Pre is 1.3.1 and all stock, no patches, tweaks, etc.

I can be as skeptical as the next guy, but I think that video has something going for it.
    Holy crap, you're right, I just looked. In this case, that whole article is crap and proves nothing. I'm a pretty definite believer now.
    If you check the other thread, you will see that I got the bottom most app to show up without any fog. The app catalog seems to present itself in different ways depending on the buttons you press to get around.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Hey, there's also this awesome video of the pre playing the ps3 game little big planet. Totally check it out.

I wonder why the video didn't show the WebOS interface with that juicy gpu acceleration. Because there is none. Just a month ago the best case for graphical enhancement were css transforms. The accelerometer isn't even that responsive when it comes to polling.
    edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Who here believe the Need for Speed video is a hoax? Too little support and too much counter evidence. (If that's a phrase hehe).

Point is that we don't need this added hype. The community will start demanding for this, when it probably is not even real.

Evidence:
    [url= Need For Speed video was a Hoax | The Mx Web[/url]

Comments?
    uh...so my app catalog is looking like the one on the video, with the last divider missing...but I know my pre is real not sure on the video, but I wouldn't be shocked....just super excited!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    the differences noted in the "evidence" may be real, but who is to say those aren't changes Palm intentionally made. I was a disbeliever until the source's track record was revealed.
    the lack of a divider is a dead give away.

All hoax, good find.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    the lack of a divider is a dead give away.

All hoax, good find.
    Did you even read the thread? Or look on your own phone and notice there is no divider.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Even if it is real, it will be useless because..., imagine the size of the app, and remember the size limitation of the applications partition....

And don't tell me about the move partition patch, because even though anyone can do it, I can bet that the majority of users will not.

So, they should fix that problem before releasing anything like that....
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I also notice your buttons in your screenshot are opaque, not transparent. That was being touted as proof of the NFS shot being a hoax. Interesting...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I don't even get why people are focussing on the shots of the app catalog. That could be shopped just to accompany the "real" video. Although I personally still think the video is fake as well.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast