Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So you're trying to tell me that an app store that is currently in beta, would not have another repository based on other code?

Are you serious? I can guarantee you that whether this is a hoax or not, there is another app store repository at Palm that is not what we are using, that has a different base code structure (and likely a different database). There are probably several.
    A repository does not effect the interface. They don't even need to use a different interface to use a different repository. It definitely does not explain the inconsistencies in the hoax app catalog image.
    boy I'd hope palm is testing an outta beta app catalog by now. Maybe there is a reason it looks differant. It seems silly to think palm testers are using the same old stuff we are...they would be "testing" stuff right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    boy I'd hope palm is testing an outta beta app catalog by now. Maybe there is a reason it looks differant. It seems silly to think palm testers are using the same old stuff we are...they would be "testing" stuff right?
    You'd think an out of beta app catalog wouldn't have an issue with the dividers between apps, especially since, from the Pre's inception on, we've never seen that. If we can say one thing in Palm's favor here, it's that the interface has always been right, and consistent, no issues like in the hoax image.
    we have no idea where in the process these were taken. You think they would no allow testers access while they put the finishing touches or tweaked it? Really you can't say that its fake cause it looks slighty differant without knowing if its actually using the same catalog. Its likely its not. Also likey since it was LEAK that palm is not ready to release it...why would that be? Cause its not done? Catalog and app?
    This discussion has reached the stage of "xyz is proof, because I've said it's proof", which can only lead to the conclusion of "it's fake because I say it is". So much for logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This discussion has reached the stage of "xyz is proof, because I've said it's proof", which can only lead to the conclusion of "it's fake because I say it is". So much for logic.
    I'm thinking it might have been at that point a few pages ago.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    The most credible opinion on this subject was Modular's in the other thread. I believe.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/24/2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: referred to other thread.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Are the default app catalog buttons transparent? Mine are opaque.......

Btw.. The line is also in the supposed fake one. It is slightly there underneath the fuzz.
    I can replicate this on my pre also..

Seems to me that the OPs app catalogue seems more fake than the one who posted the
    debateable fake video...
    Last edited by dwhall; 11/24/2009 at 06:14 PM.
    its fake imo...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    before the last update a cap of the photo app on the phone would have seemed to be fake because they moved the photo roll up, not to mention that they've changed widths of dividers in the past. those kinds of changes seem to be things that might change for update to update...
    i don't think anyone can definitively know, everyone is just guessing. some of the "i know it is because..." statements just seem presumptuous. that is all i'm saying...
    even dieter and derek think its fake lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I never assumed the Pre couldn't, and no, I haven't switched to the Moment. The Pre is fully capable of running something like this, but I'm not buying this video or these fake screen caps for an instant.
    Sorry my mistake, just saw the thread of you selling you pre/trade with moment and assumed you already had.

Perhaps this is what the poster was, false hope, i dont care, or know. But am just bringing in a point that people have ben able to reproduce the same screenshots on a stock pre.

If you read the other thread, page 9;

The icon is present below, but the line is not faded.

Does change color at the bottom and and is not transparent. but does not display info of the app below the lowest one showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Sorry my mistake, just saw the thread of you selling you pre/trade with moment and assumed you already had.

Perhaps this is what the poster was, false hope, i dont care, or know. But am just bringing in a point that people have ben able to reproduce the same screenshots on a stock pre.

If you read the other thread, page 9;

The icon is present below, but the line is not faded.

Does change color at the bottom and and is not transparent. but does not display info of the app below the lowest one showing.
    Those reproduce the anomalies in seperate shots, but not at the same time, and I have yet to see someone reproduce the screenshot exactly.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    interesting article on how one would go about faking this need for speed video. also, there are some really good (fake) pictures. Need for Hoaxes: Most Wanted | The Mx Web
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I dont understand how you can show anything that low on the screen. On my pre, which is stock running 1.3.1, doesn't show anything that low in the app catalog. Mine has a gradual fading in kind of effect when scrolling up and down so when i scroll up, the apps fade in from the bottom.
    I think you people are missing the hard fact that grapes are fun!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggaboo View Post
    I dont understand how you can show anything that low on the screen. On my pre, which is stock running 1.3.1, doesn't show anything that low in the app catalog. Mine has a gradual fading in kind of effect when scrolling up and down so when i scroll up, the apps fade in from the bottom.
    Correct. The separator fading away was ultimately a red herring.
    However, not just the lines fade away, but *everything* below
    a certain point. You can't have it both ways.. lines that fade, away
    but the app info below the line still visible. It may or may not
    be a hoax, but it is not consistent with any public app catalog behavior
    and really doesn't make sense even if were a private app catalog.

ian
    Couple things to add.

We already know their is an identifier in webos apps that specify a type, so far "web" seems to be the only one. Why would they put that in there if they didn't have another type of app planned for the future? Classic is a good example of an app that has lower access to the system underneath. Why can't EA have the same privlidge if it meant getting a 3D game on webos?

These type of things keep me from writing it off.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Whoever thought it was fake must be feeling preeeetttyyy crunchy right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    Whoever thought it was fake must be feeling preeeetttyyy crunchy right now.
    lol i feel crunchy for them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast