Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85
  1. #41  
    Another thing I noticed about the video, the guy NEVER touched the screen. There's a pretty logical explanation for that if it is a hoax, that the video controls would pop up.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Another thing I noticed about the video, the guy NEVER touched the screen. There's a pretty logical explanation for that if it is a hoax, that the video controls would pop up.
    The iPhone version auto accelerates. There is no need to touch the screen unless you want to use the nitro function. All you need to do is tilt the screen to steer.

    And call me a slight optimist.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    The iPhone version auto accelerates. There is no need to touch the screen unless you want to use the nitro function. All you need to do is tilt the screen to steer.
    I understand this, but who is so careful when playing a game that they never touch the screen, ever?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I understand this, but who is so careful when playing a game that they never touch the screen, ever?
    Um...it really isn't that hard to avoid touching the screen...and if you are filming you want to get your fingers out of the way whenever possible.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I understand this, but who is so careful when playing a game that they never touch the screen, ever?
    How can you deduce this from such a short video?

    I understand you switched to a moment, so you perhaps are a little biased. However i think it is safe to assume the pre is capable of running such games (with GPU enabled, which is a pretty safe bet that the folks @ Sunnyvale have already done, as they do need to test months before general customer consumption).
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    How can you deduce this from such a short video?

    I understand you switched to a moment, so you perhaps are a little biased. However i think it is safe to assume the pre is capable of running such games (with GPU enabled, which is a pretty safe bet that the folks @ Sunnyvale have already done, as they do need to test months before general customer consumption).
    I never assumed the Pre couldn't, and no, I haven't switched to the Moment. The Pre is fully capable of running something like this, but I'm not buying this video or these fake screen caps for an instant.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Worthless post. Instead of responding to what I'm saying, you try to insult the poster. Classic hparsons post though.
    Actually, I insulted no one, or at least, no more than anyone else on here has insulted anyone.

    I responded directly to your post. You said the burden of proof is squarely on the guy who posted it. I applied that to you (and others). If you think that's an "insult", then I guess you need to look closer at your own posts for "insulting material".
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I understand this, but who is so careful when playing a game that they never touch the screen, ever?
    Well it was a very sort video... Idk, when I played my friends touch I sure didn't touch the screen at all for motion sensing games, if there's no need to why would you?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, I insulted no one, or at least, no more than anyone else on here has insulted anyone.

    I responded directly to your post. You said the burden of proof is squarely on the guy who posted it. I applied that to you (and others). If you think that's an "insult", then I guess you need to look closer at your own posts for "insulting material".
    Sorry, you're right, it was a straw man.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Sorry, you're right, it was a straw man.
    Straw man?? - you brought it up...

    Funny, it was "insulting" until you realized that you had said the same thing. Then it suddenly becomes "straw man".

    I'll reiterate. I don't know if it's a fake or not.

    However, I don't think you do either.

    And, by your own definition, you posts on the topic are insulting.

    However, if you bring up the notion that we are to assume it's fake, "until proven otherwise", then I am addressing the issue you brought up.

    Are we to assume all claims (including yours) made on here are "fake until proven otherwise"?

    I hope not. That would make for a sad state of affairs on this forum.

    Assuming that's not the case, why this one? Becuase you don't believe it's real? I hope that's not the new standard.

    You feel free to assume away. Me, I'll take it as an interesting post, and then sort of watch and see what happens (which I can do without calling the guy a liar). No matter which stance I take on it, I doubt that Palm is going to take any actions based on our demands for proof (or lack of same)...
  11. #51  
    I demand ice cream from Palm!
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Straw man?? - you brought it up...

    Funny, it was "insulting" until you realized that you had said the same thing. Then it suddenly becomes "straw man".

    I'll reiterate. I don't know if it's a fake or not.

    However, I don't think you do either.

    And, by your own definition, you posts on the topic are insulting.

    However, if you bring up the notion that we are to assume it's fake, "until proven otherwise", then I am addressing the issue you brought up.

    Are we to assume all claims (including yours) made on here are "fake until proven otherwise"?

    I hope not. That would make for a sad state of affairs on this forum.

    Assuming that's not the case, why this one? Becuase you don't believe it's real? I hope that's not the new standard.

    You feel free to assume away. Me, I'll take it as an interesting post, and then sort of watch and see what happens (which I can do without calling the guy a liar). No matter which stance I take on it, I doubt that Palm is going to take any actions based on our demands for proof (or lack of same)...
    I hope you don't have the same faith in government to not question things My reasoning why this is a fake is sound, if you disagree, then show me why, don't try to argue by saying we shouldn't question things, that's got to be the most illogical thing I've read in some time.
  13. #53  
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    You may want to check the App Catalog on your Pre, because when I checked mine, the App Divider was missing on mine as well at the bottom. Check out the attachment below. My Pre is 1.3.1 and all stock, no patches, tweaks, etc.

    I can be as skeptical as the next guy, but I think that video has something going for it.

    Actually, Mines Looks Like The "Hoax" Screen Too. Even Has The "Invisible" Dividers At The Bottom.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Actually, Mines Looks Like The "Hoax" Screen Too. Even Has The "Invisible" Dividers At The Bottom.
    Lets see it. So far, not a single screen cap has replicated what the hoax screen has.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I hope you don't have the same faith in government to not question things My reasoning why this is a fake is sound, if you disagree, then show me why, don't try to argue by saying we shouldn't question things, that's got to be the most illogical thing I've read in some time.
    Puhlease - there is no comparison in this, and the government. The government has control over my life (ultimately) at the point of a gun. This does not.

    You are assuming I haven't "questioned" it. Where did you get that idea? Questioning it is far from calling it a fake.

    I "question" what you have done to multiple Pre devices. I've had one with no problems. You've had 6 and have had problems with all of them. Am I skeptical? You bet, to some degree. Am I skeptical enough to say "You did not, you are doing something to them to cause that, either that, or your deliberately defrauding Sprint and Palm to suit your own needs or wants; regardless, it's all fake info". Nope, I'm not. Simply put, I don't know.

    Neither do you in this instance. You haven't said "I see issues here". You stated, without qualification, that it is a hoax; and the simple truth is, you don't know that.

    My response though, was to your nonsense that "the burden of proof" is on the guy who posted the information.

    My question is Why? Why does he have to "prove" anything?

    I understand, you are are free to question what you preceive. That's all well and good; however, you (and others) sure got your panties in a wad when some questioned what you were doing to have to exchange so many Pres. None of those questioning came right out and said that you were lying; however, that's exactly what you are saying about this guy.

    Now, to your specifics. I think most of them have been addressed by others, but since you seem bound and determined, I'll chime in:

    • The screenshot from NFS is not consistent with the current app catalog
      The poorly chopped app catalog image
      Also, all the star ratings are off

      As has been pointed out to you, if the developer was loading from an internal app catalog (which you can almost be certain that he was, if it's real) it could easily look differently, and even act differently. Not only that, you can also be almost certain the the OS is different, this could explain differences in the way the app catalog app behaved. Finally, if the server running the app catalog is internal, the star ratings would be "off".
    • Not seeing him open the app from the launcher
      That is not definitive. It supports a pre-conceived idea, but it's not definitive.
    • The fact the guy had next to no posts before he brought this to light
      It could be that the "friend" is actually the developer, and registered so he could make this post, or someone that didn't want the "leaked" information to be associated with his established ID. Added to that, the confirmation from at least one well-established member that the app is real lends some credibility. (BTW, I've had a user on here leave me PMs that is from Palm, but has never posted... wanna guess why his post numbers are low?...)
    • The guy NEVER touched the screen, who is so careful when playing a game that they never touch the screen, ever?
      I have two games that use the accelerometer, I never touch the screen for either of them (until I get a prompt to). The video was short, but the portion that was shown didn't require touching the screen.

    My bottom line on this is that I'm a bit skeptical, but I tend to believe it. At the same time, it really doesn't matter. It being true will not make high-end games come out any sooner, and it being false will not make them take longer. They will come when the developers develop them. The veracity of the video will not affect my Pre one way or the other. (Truth be told, I probably won't buy the game even if it does come out...)
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Lets see it. So far, not a single screen cap has replicated what the hoax screen has.
    And likely won't, unless the person replicating it has access to the same server.

    Your continued use of the word "hoax" is incorrect, since you haven't proven that it is a hoax.
  18. #58  
    I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread.

    Thank you.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And likely won't, unless the person replicating it has access to the same server.

    Your continued use of the word "hoax" is incorrect, since you haven't proven that it is a hoax.
    So you're telling me that this other app catalog's not going to be based on the same code for the app catalog we have now? That doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? There is no reason Palm would rewrite the app catalog app for developers, it's more likely that it's a change to the app catalog repositories, and thats it. If it seems to good to be true, and you have to go out of your way to explain why it would be true, it's likely not.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    So you're telling me that this other app catalog's not going to be based on the same code for the app catalog we have now? That doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? There is no reason Palm would rewrite the app catalog app for developers, it's more likely that it's a change to the app catalog repositories, and thats it. If it seems to good to be true, and you have to go out of your way to explain why it would be true, it's likely not.
    So you're trying to tell me that an app store that is currently in beta, would not have another repository based on other code?

    Are you serious? I can guarantee you that whether this is a hoax or not, there is another app store repository at Palm that is not what we are using, that has a different base code structure (and likely a different database). There are probably several.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions