Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    You may want to check the App Catalog on your Pre, because when I checked mine, the App Divider was missing on mine as well at the bottom. Check out the attachment below. My Pre is 1.3.1 and all stock, no patches, tweaks, etc.

    I can be as skeptical as the next guy, but I think that video has something going for it.
    There isn't another app underneath it on your screenshot. On the NFS one, there is.
  2. lrhf97's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #22  
    my buttons are opaque with an app under it and when the app is partially covered like it is on the NFS screenshot the divider after the last app hasn't materialized yet.

    screenshot is completely consistent with what i see on my pre (save for the content, app count, and lack of ratings, which seems reasonable if this is an internal app catalog)
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by lrhf97 View Post
    my buttons are opaque with an app under it and when the app is partially covered like it is on the NFS screenshot the divider after the last app hasn't materialized yet.

    screenshot is completely consistent with what i see on my pre (save for the content, app count, and lack of ratings, which seems reasonable if this is an internal app catalog)
    The app below it doesn't even show up, yet it's there in the NFS screenshot. The divider shows up a long time before the next app. I for some reason can't screen cap the app catalog with 1.3.1, but trust me, the screenshot from NFS is not consistent with the current app catalog.
  4. #24  
    Can someone link the original article and accompanying screenshots? I'd like to look at the evidence sans conspiracist theories and see those photos being compared in context.

    Nevermind. I found the related article: GPU support and much more
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 11/23/2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Update
  5. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    There isn't another app underneath it on your screenshot. On the NFS one, there is.
    If I were to scroll down another millimeter ...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    uh...so my app catalog is looking like the one on the video, with the last divider missing...but I know my pre is real not sure on the video, but I wouldn't be shocked....just super excited!
    mrloserpunk, mine is just like you say yours (and the video's is), perhaps we both have hoax app catalogs on our Pres. We need someone to investigate!!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    If I were to scroll down another millimeter ...
    The fact is, the app below doesn't start showing up in the list before the divider. It's an obvious fake.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The fact is, the app below doesn't start showing up in the list before the divider. It's an obvious fake.
    False: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2057081

    I was able to get the bottom app to show up. Not 100% the same, but similar enough to consider the images plausible, and not obviously photoshopped.
  9. #29  
    Yeah the app catalog gives no proof to it being a hoax, I can't find anything that really proves it as a fake, but I'm still up in the air one way or the other.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    False: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2057081

    I was able to get the bottom app to show up. Not 100% the same, but similar enough to consider the images plausible, and not obviously photoshopped.
    What's your point? The divider line is still there, as it would be if the NFS image wasn't an obvious chop.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Yeah the app catalog gives no proof to it being a hoax, I can't find anything that really proves it as a fake, but I'm still up in the air one way or the other.
    I tend to assume it's faked until there is absolute 100% indisputable proof to the contrary. Too much of it is fishy, like not seeing him open the app from the launcher, the poorly chopped app catalog image, and the fact the guy had next to no posts before he brought this to light.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I tend to assume it's faked until there is absolute 100% indisputable proof to the contrary. Too much of it is fishy, like not seeing him open the app from the launcher, the poorly chopped app catalog image, and the fact the guy had next to no posts before he brought this to light.
    Those are the biggest reasons I think it is a hoax (with the exception of the app catalog), the rest of the stuff could all be attributed to other causes. Given the fact the guys has gone silent on all of this is another reason to not believe it.
  13. #33  
    I also just looked through, and the app order is all wrong, as if the screenshot wasn't taken recently. Even being a different app catalog, the order should be at least roughly the same, because approval only happens in 1 order. Only thing I can think is, it's an old screen cap.

    edit: Also, all the star ratings are off.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    What's your point? The divider line is still there, as it would be if the NFS image wasn't an obvious chop.
    It seems that the app catalog adjusts how it displays itself depending on previous actions. Couple this with the possibility that a new app catalog version may be installed, and it becomes possible to have that image be true. I can't say that the leaked image is definitely a hoax and I can't say it is definitely genuine. All I am arguing is that we can't call it one way or the other right now.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    It seems that the app catalog adjusts how it displays itself depending on previous actions. Couple this with the possibility that a new app catalog version may be installed, and it becomes possible to have that image be true. I can't say that the leaked image is definitely a hoax and I can't say it is definitely genuine. All I am arguing is that we can't call it one way or the other right now.
    Sure we can, assume it's false until proven otherwise. The burden of proof is squarely on the guy who chopp...er posted it.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Those are the biggest reasons I think it is a hoax (with the exception of the app catalog), the rest of the stuff could all be attributed to other causes. Given the fact the guys has gone silent on all of this is another reason to not believe it.
    F'real dude. If the guy was legit, you know he'd be on here telling us everything about it. After all, everyone on here has been so open with the dude.

    You guys need to get real. Maybe it's legit, maybe it's not. But the truth is he posted the information. Almost immediately, he was asked for a picture. He provided not only a picture of the app, but a video.

    Since then, he's not only been questioned about the possibility that it's "fake", but the insistence that it is.

    I wonder how you wonder boy geniuses on here would respond to being called a liar and a fake?

    He may be, but I've yet to see anyone on here offering enough "proof" to call it. As is typical of so many of you, your expertise and knowledge is pretty limited except in the huge confines of your own egos.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Sure we can, assume it's false until proven otherwise. The burden of proof is squarely on the guy who chopp...er posted it.
    Good to know. We'll keep that in mind as we read about the various other posts on here. I think though, that it's going to be hard to meet the "burden of proof" when you talk about poor build quality, how far you dropped your Pre, etc.

    I mean, if we're going to start insisting on some sort of "proof" y'know...
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Good to know. We'll keep that in mind as we read about the various other posts on here. I think though, that it's going to be hard to meet the "burden of proof" when you talk about poor build quality, how far you dropped your Pre, etc.

    I mean, if we're going to start insisting on some sort of "proof" y'know...
    Worthless post. Instead of responding to what I'm saying, you try to insult the poster. Classic hparsons post though.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Sure we can, assume it's false until proven otherwise. The burden of proof is squarely on the guy who chopp...er posted it.
    Well, if you want to assume it is false that is your choice. I am gonna stay in the happy middle as I think neither side has proven their case. I will say that I hope that it is true.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Well, if you want to assume it is false that is your choice. I am gonna stay in the happy middle as I think neither side has proven their case. I will say that I hope that it is true.
    And from that point of view, you'll be more upset than I am that it's false, since I already accept it as false, I can only either be confirmed correct, or happy that I was wrong.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions