Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think my phone locks up about once every 3-4 days now. It's totally random. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or if it's in use or idle. The menu system works but no applications run and you have to pull the battery to reboot it.

The most annoying thing is having to remove the protective case to pull the battery.

No mod's were installed.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Once or twice a month. But I reset it on my own like every two days.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    sorry.. but.. never. i do occasionally get the "random" luna reset which is very annoying.. still trying to find the real culprit
    Don't remember the last time but I do reset my Pre every few days to clear any memory issues.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I've can't remember a time when my device completely locked up...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Never!
    launch day pre, never has
    once right after I loaded the power saver cpu patch lol but that's it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    launch day pre, never has
    Same here.
    mine hasnt been locking up completely sometimes it will freeze for about 8 seconds then catch itself, however since 1.3.1 it has lagged then luna will reset itself, completly annoying. seems to happen when i have the browser open then click on a youtube link. as soon as it wants to start playing the youtube video it decides it wants to reset itself.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Mine has a few times...not enough to cause a major concern. I take it as the pre just needs a reeboot every 2 days or so to freshen her up.
    Mine will occasionally "freeze up" for about 10 seconds after I get done downloading a new app, or sometimes when I try opening too many things at once. Other than that, save for a few bad patches I installed, it's generally pretty solid.
    never locks up, I never reboot it either.
    I've never had it lock up, had it crash and restart luna twice in the four or so months I've had it.
    once in two months. At least that's how my fuzzy brain cells remember it
    Haven't had a single lockup, but have only got mine since last friday. Have done 1 doctor in the beginning for making the QWERTZ a QWERTY keyboard, and 1 update. (German GSM version). Running the CPU Scaling as well, VK installed, and I think 2 more patches but that's it.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    sorry.. but.. never. i do occasionally get the "random" luna reset which is very annoying.. still trying to find the real culprit
    +1, not sure what causes this!
    I just had my first luna reset today and have had the bluetooth audio stop working me on (requiring a manual reset via Orange+Sym+R, just disabling and reenabling bluetooth wouldn't do it) two or three times now. A bit annoying, but for three months use I'm not going to complain, especially after the experiences with my previous Treo's!
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    never
    Mine never has, though only two to three times (launch day Pre) it has restarted itself while using the Web browser. My Centro had more issues than this thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast