Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed the CPU script and restarted my phone and now its frozen on the start up screen, it just says "palm" I don't know what else to do, I've taken the battery out like 20 times, I've tried running webOS doctor and it just tells me to plug my phone in when it already is. So what else is there to do?
    I had the same problem. I left my battery out for about 10 minutes, and that seemed to work.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    i have same problem and nothing is working... it may be toasted
  4.    #4  
    I hope its not toasted, would I have to buy a new phone?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    In the future, you should probably read up on things before installing it.

Hopefully someone can help you doctor the phone. I believe if you power on the phone while holding the volume up button, that'll allow you to doctor it.
  6.    #6  
    Hmm nothing seems to be working, do you think they could fix it at the sprint store?
    It's because the CPU scripts apply instantly at every reboot. I've recommended a couple times now that people temporarily test them out using Terminal before permanently applying them with a patch, because if it does lock up your phone, you're pretty much stuck.
  8.    #8  
    Damnit well this is terrible =(
    yes it sucks the warning isnt strong enough
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Hope you have TEP.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoototheyork View Post
    have you tried the dr mine froze and i had to dr it now its fine
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    have you tried the dr mine froze and i had to dr it now its fine
    If mine would go into a mode where I could dr it...
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    If mine would go into a mode where I could dr it...
    Take out the battery.

Put the battery back in and while holding the UP volume button, power up.

There should be a USB symbol on your screen and from there you should be able to connect to your PC to run WebOS Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Take out the battery.

Put the battery back in and while holding the UP volume button, power up.

There should be a USB symbol on your screen and from there you should be able to connect to your PC to run WebOS Doctor.
    Yeah. I get a palm logo that won't go away until the battery dies or I remove it.
    I mean the initial full brightness palm logo. I'm thinking I damaged some part of the hardware.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    Yeah. I get a palm logo that won't go away until the battery dies or I remove it.
    I mean the initial full brightness palm logo. I'm thinking I damaged some part of the hardware.
    Try removing the battery....leave it out for 5 to 10 minutes, then put back in.

I had to do this, this morning due to the new patches(Yea I didnt read the warning)....after about 2 times of doing this I finally got the PRE to start up again, get into Preware and remove the patches. Now im just using the CPU 600 scale.

Try it, but remember, let the battery sit out for a couple minutes.
    cool patch, but way to unstable. I removed mine it was not worth the worry to me.
    The warning killed my curiosity!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Actually im running the CPU Scaling 600 right now...and it has been working great. Very noticeable difference between apps. Been running it for a few hours now....PRE is definately snappier....want to see how much the battery gets affected.
    are you guys doing this through webOS quick install? they dont seem to work with that..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast