Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    It it me? Where are the paid apps? Our European creditcards work pretty much the same as in the US. What's up Palm?
    Most disappointing, I also seem to only have 60+ apps, where it said I had 160 apps before the update.

(Reading the Terms&Conds before accepting the app store, it says USA credit cards only!)
    Hm, I can't access the App Catalog since the update, says it's "Unavailable". So I can't confirm nor deny any of this.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    I knew there was a reason I kept my US credit card active....
    I didn't think Paid Apps had been enabled in the Beta outside of the US yet.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    In that case I will stick with the Sprint firmware I currently have. Very disappointing news particularly as there are paid apps I am waiting to buy. I am beginning to think they do not want this phone to succeed.

This is coming from one of the positive posters.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Wow, that's pretty disappointing. Maybe Palm is waiting until December when they remove the beta tag to implement it for the international version?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Wow, that's pretty disappointing. Maybe Palm is waiting until December when they remove the beta tag to implement it for the international version?
    as they wait, more of the apps we use become trials and move to paid apps and were left wanting. Very very dissapointing
    I've had the free version of SplashID installed for a while. It always gave me the update option to the paid version when I searched for updates. This didn't work of course.
    No I thought I can finally update, I get an error message when I tap on update and I can't find it in the app store anymore. Too bad, but the free version works fine for me so far. Would just like a backup solution.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    No paid apps in the UK and heres me thinking Palm said the update would bring parity to the worldwide devices. At current the App Catalog is pretty lame for anyone that doesnt live in the US. Its a big disappointment and its hard to think why i want to stay with the platform.
    The same story here, I have only a handfull of Apps after the update, and Application that were there before the update Bubbles and Backgrounds do not show after it. I think they were even free
    Urgh, looks like im sticking to my sprint 1.3.1 then, disappointing. Plus my current catalog still gives 160+ apps.

Though AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $this$ $is$ $due$ $to$ $distance$ $selling$ $regulations$ $and$ $taxes$ $which$ $apply$ $to$ $developers$ $who$ $for$ $the$ $most$ $part$ $are$ $overseas$ ($unites$ $states$, $different$ $states$, $makes$ $things$ $complicated$) $so$ $we$ $will$ $just$ $have$ $to$ $sit$ $tight$ $whilst$ $they$ $work$ $out$ $the$ $kinks$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    I've had the free version of SplashID installed for a while. It always gave me the update option to the paid version when I searched for updates. This didn't work of course.
    No I thought I can finally update, I get an error message when I tap on update and I can't find it in the app store anymore. Too bad, but the free version works fine for me so far. Would just like a backup solution.
    Think yourself lucky. I use SpashID heavily (having imported eveything from my Treo) but I had to use the webOS doctor at the weekend (phone wouldn't update or reset) and now I've lost SplashID altogether.

I went to the trouble of taking a backup copy of my data but it doesn't help if I can't install the app.

EDIT: newsflash. My pre has just told me 1.3.1 is available! Downloading now...
    EDIT: Oops, just realised this thread is referring to proper 1.3.1 not the sprint hack so the above isn't news. Still waiting for the install to finish - seems to take ages. Doesn't sound like we have much hope for paid apps yet though.
    Last edited by andyhurley; 11/23/2009 at 06:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    has anyone spoke to palm support to see if they are saying why?
    when I signed up there was a beta catalogue with news of paid apps being released. Palm didn't mention there would be less apps available to me 3 weeks later and that I wouldn't be able to access these paid apps.

I'm just wondering if this is the future of the euro gsm phone because if it is then I'm going to consider putting it on ebay and moving on
    Does anyone still have MotionApps Classic in the App store? Also Tweefree has gone too. The two main applications I use a lot of. I'm rather annoyed to say the least!
    There will not be paid apps in 1.3.1, this has been confirmed by the changelog on the official palm support page.

Then again cant say, US didnt need an update, but they did have an option to enter cc's, can anyone confirm if they can enter cc info in preferences in the app catalog? just a thought...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I already know how webOS 1.4 will look. It will boot your Pre with a huge banner:

"Please buy a different device running another platform, because we don't want webOS to succeed."

Damn, I get sooo frustrated about these measures by Palm that BOTH hurt customers and the company itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergan View Post
    The same story here, I have only a handfull of Apps after the update, and Application that were there before the update Bubbles and Backgrounds do not show after it. I think they were even free
    Bubbles is one of the few apps I have still got. It's splashID that I really need back. I have reinstalled on my old Treo for now but I couldn't find the license key so I only have 14 days before the trial expires on that!
    Im Spanish (sorry for my english) i have just chat with the online support, he says that in "our" app catalog only appears the latest apps, and as they are going out new apps, they are going to appear in the catalog BUT!! if the vendor want them to appear, that means that if a vendor dont want it´s program to appear in the european catalog, it will not appear.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast