Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I updated my pre today, took off all patches before doing so as well. then i reinstalled about 8 of them, plus added the cpu scaling(500). when i went to restart the phone, it get stuck on the black screen with "palm" showing. i have not had boot up problems till now. does anyone have any idea on how to get it booted up again?

i plugged it into my computer to try and save any photos i have etc anticipating i'll have to take it in, but my computer can't see it either????
    Quote Originally Posted by jsny View Post
    I updated my pre today, took off all patches before doing so as well. then i reinstalled about 8 of them, plus added the cpu scaling(500). when i went to restart the phone, it get stuck on the black screen with "palm" showing. i have not had boot up problems till now. does anyone have any idea on how to get it booted up again?

i plugged it into my computer to try and save any photos i have etc anticipating i'll have to take it in, but my computer can't see it either????
    get the web os dr and turn off the phone when you go to plug in the phone hold the volume up key then plug it in. this will dr the pre. the cpu patch is the problem. it happened to me also
    It's the CPU patch. Try removing the battery for a minute then putting it back in. Seemed to help those who had the issue.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    does the dr erase all my info??
    does the dr erase all my info??
    Yes, it's a full erase. After signing back into your palm profile, it should sync everything back over.
    The 1.3.1 doctor DOES NOT erase whatever you have on the /media/internal partition (USB)
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    i just replaced my pre for the same issue today. i also just posted a thread about updated my new pre to 1.3.1. hope webos dr works for you.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ok, removed battery and it's still having probs. guess i'll use the dr. does it erase my photos etc?
    ok, removed battery and it's still having probs. guess i'll use the dr. does it erase my photos etc?
    Anything saved on the USB partition of your phone will still be there. It just restores the /usr and /var files.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i have not used my webos in a while. is there a new dr program? will i need to download it? what about dev mode? mines not in it now.
    i have not used my webos in a while. is there a new dr program? will i need to download it? what about dev mode? mines not in it now.
    The web OS doctor has been updated for 1.3.1. You can download it here. You will need your serial number, which is under your battery.

Download it and then run it with your pre connected via USB.
    Last edited by laelipoo; 11/22/2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: I fail at coding today.
    Ive done this all above and my pre still wont boot
    Quote Originally Posted by diminishedpower View Post
    Ive done this all above and my pre still wont boot
    Did you try running the web os doctor? Is the pre not showing as connected?

If not, then there are five easy steps to fix that.

One: remove the battery.
    Two: Hold the volume button UP.
    Three: Plug your Pre into the AC outlet while inserting the battery.
    Four: Watch for the big USB icon.
    Five: Plug into computer and run the doctor.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    well, i hope mine boots. i'll see. but if it doesn't, i'll just take it in and get a replacement. feels odd though not having a phone that works. i'd like to get this patch working as my pre seems to lag quite a bit going from menu to menu etc..... thanks for the help guys, i'll keep ya posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Did you try running the web os doctor? Is the pre not showing as connected?

If not, then there are five easy steps to fix that.

One: remove the battery.
    Two: Hold the volume button UP.
    Three: Plug your Pre into the AC outlet while inserting the battery.
    Four: Watch for the big USB icon.
    Five: Plug into computer and run the doctor.
    Ive done all that, and i get web osdoctor going and at 6% the phone resets on its own and freezes, ive also tried both doctors 1.2.1 and 1.3.1
    No prob. It'll boot, one way or the other. Easier than getting a new pre and having to recondition the battery.
    Ive tried everything so no, it wont always boot
    Quote Originally Posted by diminishedpower View Post
    Ive tried everything so no, it wont always boot
    Is your battery dead? Silly question, I know, but if it's too low, it may not turn on.
    it is over 50% i know that for sure
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    all it says is checking system.....it does this for like 10 mins......then i frezes my pc...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast