Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well i did all that, tried using the webOS doctor but it gets stuck at 6%...
    The palm logo displays at that point and the BIG USB logo disappears and the Doctor displays the message that the phone has been disconnected
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    all it says is checking system.....it does this for like 10 mins......then i frezes my pc...
    what are you saying there man?? not enough info??
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by arsi_soph View Post
    well i did all that, tried using the webOS doctor but it gets stuck at 6%...
    The palm logo displays at that point and the BIG USB logo disappears and the Doctor displays the message that the phone has been disconnected
    have you tried a different usb cable or usb outlet or maybe replaced the battery and tried it??? or even tried downloading the repair utility and tried to run it ?? im just fishing around to diff. things you could try is all.
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Connect your phone directly to your computer with usb cable

do not remove battery or disconnect your phone during this process

then: help button next to next button greyd out (dimmed)!

Help says:

The "Next" button remains dimmed but the progress bar is complete. I can't proceed.
    When you run the webOS Doctor application, the progress bar may appear to be complete, but the "Next" button remains dimmed and is not clickable. The tool may appear to be frozen.

This can occur if you're using Windows XP while the tool loads the device drivers. It can take up to 15 minutes if this is the first time. The "Next" button will be dimmed during this period.

Check the tool in 15 minutes. The "Next" button will illuminate when the drivers are loaded

15 mins past and nothing... Reinstalled Doctor and nothing, a prompt comes up while installing novacom and it says something about files removed. Question is isn't this suppose to add instead of remove?

go keep trying this, but at least not on palm logo anymore, now on USB logo, my battery was almost 100% when this happen, could it had drain battery in seconds?

Gonna try a diff usb port, and other things, wish me goodluck!

Edit: Ok! tried a diff battery and now running doctor past dimmed part on 6% and counting... will let ya know if it worked!

Edit: now on 11%, please don't get stuck there!!! PLEASE!!! lulz! ahh man come on!

Edit: Good Lord! 14% now and counting! 22% and counting! Hey i'm very nervous here so dont ya give crap about the edits... 28% yay! 30% o my God! 32% das rigt! keep going! ahhhh100% finished! it's alive! ALIVE!!! Probb Fixed!

so in the end what i did was change battery, then use the volume up key method and the doctor did the rest! thanks peeps!
    Last edited by robbskittles; 11/30/2009 at 02:28 PM.
    i also have this problem, happened today, and when i ran it, it said unable to restart my phone???
    ok now it just says that i disconnected my phone, even though i didnt
    i just bought pre brand new and after installing update this palm frezing happens ...omg.. 5min that all i had it for.lol iam trying laelipoo method so far is working is 30%
    Last edited by leche palo; 01/20/2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Hi everybody. First of all I want to thank again to Laelipoo for his perfect recomendation. And second and I hope you don´t mind, I´m going to translate this advice to Spanish. I have been consulting for this, and there is not a good reference page in our language, and may help to other users (excuse my English).

Hola a todo el mundo. Laelipoo, ha dado con la solución a un problema que me hizo pensar que no había nada que hacer con mi Pre. Mirad lo que ocurrió es que después de estar enredando con ella, se apagó y a la hora de volver a encenderla aparecía el logo de Palm y no encendía. Esto además hacía que al conectarla al ordenador no la reconociera y por lo tanto no podía pasar el doctor ni nada parecido. La solución que me dió se explica en estos sencillos pasos.

1. Saca la batería.
    2. Presiona el botón de subir el volumen (no lo sueltes aún)
    3. Conecta el cargador a la red eléctrica e introduce la batería
    4. Aparece un icono de USB grande
    5. Conecta el USB al ordenador (compu)y ejecuta el Web Os Doctor (actualizado)

Un consejo, ten la Palm un buen rato cargando antes de hacerlo.

Espero que os sirva. Un saludo.
    Last edited by txikitan; 01/26/2010 at 04:27 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12