Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Well, MacOSX is pretty picky about which hardware you put it on... I imagine that Mobile OSX (iPhone OS) is the same.
    tiwizard was asking a rhetorical "why?" in response to the original poster's question.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    interesting
    I don't see the point. The whole reason to get a Pre is WebOS. The phone itself pretty much sucks with the build quality. I could see some reasoning for the Pixi with it's better build quality but not the Pre. If you want Android get a Droid. Personally I would love to have WebOS on a Droid, that is pretty much my dream phone right now. For the forseeable future I will be sticking with the Pre, I just love the OS that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    I don't see the point. The whole reason to get a Pre is WebOS. The phone itself pretty much sucks with the build quality. I could see some reasoning for the Pixi with it's better build quality but not the Pre. If you want Android get a Droid. Personally I would love to have WebOS on a Droid, that is pretty much my dream phone right now. For the forseeable future I will be sticking with the Pre, I just love the OS that much.
    Im actually tending to disagree with you, though an iPhone tablet form factor would be better suited the Pre is also very suited to WebOS.

Its a sleek form factor, and comfortable in your hand, the gesture area with correspondence lights which respond to touch and gestures is awesome.

Heck, it has a portrait slide out qwerty keyboard whilst being ergonomically curved too, what other phone does?

No Build quality issues with the GSM versions, cant vouch for CDMA, my pre is really solid and very good build quality, no wiggle/oreo/dead pixels whatsoever etc etc
    the reason? science why else
    Quote Originally Posted by odm4286 View Post
    the reason? science why else
    Thats what im talking about
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    The pre fits nicer in my hand and my pocket than any other smart phone. That's one of it's big draws to me. You can't buy an app to replicate that.

I like WebOS, but Android or Maemo on it might be fine as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12