Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Ok so I am still having problems. Here is what I'm doing:

1- Add 'laptop' to tracking list.
    2- Hit the bottom right button to force a search, it finds a bunch.
    3- Go into my tracking list and clear it out.
    4- Go back to the main screen (site list) and force another search.
    Result: It still finds a bunch of laptops (shouldn't it find nothing and reset the counters to 0?)
    5- Went and added the word 'wacom' to my tracking list (that's the only thing showing up in my tracking list)
    6- Run another search.
    Result: It now searches for and finds laptop AND wacom (the notification popup only mentions wacom).

This basically means that no matter how many times I clear my tracking list, it seems to keep adding to it. My results list gets gargantuan and unmanageable.

Things I have tried:
    1- I ran webos doctor the other day. Redownloaded dealert - same problem.
    2- Downloaded the new version of Dealert today - same problem.

The only thing that works:
    Uninstall Dealert and reinstall it. This is the only way to reset my search results back to 0 for a fresh new search.

Please help! What's wrong? How could this still be happening after running webos doctor?
    Ahh. I think I know what the issue is. The Dealert list contains all of you Dealerts that the app has alerted you of. If you remove an item from your Tracking List, no NEW items should appear in your Dealert list. It is up to you (the user) to clear your Dealerts list as you see fit. At the very bottom, there is a "Clear All Dealerts" button to clear all current Dealerts.

So to see if there is really an issue, try these steps:

1) Open Dealert.
    2) Add "Laptop" to your Tracking List.
    3) Perform Search.
    4) Review matches in Dealerts screen.
    5) Go into your tracking list and remove "Laptop"
    6) Go back to the Dealerts screen and press the "Clear All Dealerts" button.
    7) Re-run search.
    8) Check to see if any laptops show up in the Dealerts screen.

Report back and let me know how that goes.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Hot dang! That was the answer! Man I feel silly now. I never saw that "Clear Deals" button at the bottom of the list because my list was alway so dang long! I kept looking for a "Clear Deals" from the top left menu while looking at my deals list. Maybe you can incorporate another way to clear long lists of deals without having to scroll to the bottom?

Anyway, I am a little embarassed having missed that. And I am a lead in tech support!

Thanks Kevin. This is my favorite app on the Pre and I use it daily. Keep up the good work and keep those updates a coming.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Hot dang! That was the answer! Man I feel silly now. I never saw that "Clear Deals" button at the bottom of the list because my list was alway so dang long! I kept looking for a "Clear Deals" from the top left menu while looking at my deals list. Maybe you can incorporate another way to clear long lists of deals without having to scroll to the bottom?

Anyway, I am a little embarassed having missed that. And I am a lead in tech support!

Thanks Kevin. This is my favorite app on the Pre and I use it daily. Keep up the good work and keep those updates a coming.
    Awesome! Good to hear that your issue is resolved. You can also clear individual items btw by doing the standard Pre swipe left/right in lists. I think in the next version, I'll make the Clear List button a little easier to find.

Thanks for getting back to me about the issue. I am glad it could be resolved.

I'll definitely keep the updates coming.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123