Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Landscape support never really made sense to me, but if you would like to see that feature, I'll try and get it in. If I do add it, you'll be be able to enable/disable in the preferences menu.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    kev's da man
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Landscape support never really made sense to me, but if you would like to see that feature, I'll try and get it in. If I do add it, you'll be be able to enable/disable in the preferences menu.
    YES.
    Hey Jerk.

Your app just cost me 120 dollars.

Instead of 215.

Iloveyou.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    True, looking at it now, landscape seems unnecessary.

I know on slickdeals, they update their titles when deals expire. Do you think there's anyway to incorporate that into your feed? Maybe turn the title font red, or just have "expired" in parenthesis like they do?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Hey Jerk.

Your app just cost me 120 dollars.

Instead of 215.

Iloveyou.
    Haha, glad I could save you the $95 bucks!
    Developer of:

I bought the app and love it. But I am wondering if I don't know how to use it or if it has a bug.

Whenever I add stuff to the tracking list, it works fine in searching all the sites. However, when I remove anything or everything from the tracking list, those items still show up in the search. So far I have not been able to figure out how to actually reset the items from the apps memory other than uninstalling and reinstalling the whole app.

Any help?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I bought the app and love it. But I am wondering if I don't know how to use it or if it has a bug.

Whenever I add stuff to the tracking list, it works fine in searching all the sites. However, when I remove anything or everything from the tracking list, those items still show up in the search. So far I have not been able to figure out how to actually reset the items from the apps memory other than uninstalling and reinstalling the whole app.

Any help?
    Interesting. This is the first I have heard of this. It might be because the current version of Dealert has a memory leak that prevents it from closing. This is fixed in 1.1, which should be on the app catalog any day now.

Just to be sure, you are removing it from the Tracking List, and not the Dealert list, correct?
    Developer of:

Thanks for making this app. It was my first paid app!!

When I have items in a tracking list, I find that I often get the same notification (combination of site and item) repeatedly so I end up clearing what seem to be the same notifications over and over. I would like to have the option to acknowledge a particular notification and not see it again.

Thanks again for a great app!!
  10.    #30  
    Yeah, this is a problem I trying to solve. If you leave the alerts in your Dealerts, it wont notify you again. If you clear them, they will show up.

I am trying to think of the best way to handle this from a user experience standpoint.
    Developer of:

11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    True, looking at it now, landscape seems unnecessary.

I know on slickdeals, they update their titles when deals expire. Do you think there's anyway to incorporate that into your feed? Maybe turn the title font red, or just have "expired" in parenthesis like they do?
    I grab the RSS feeds of these sites, and unfortunately, Slickdeals doesn't update their feeds when they expire Otherwise, I would be all over this.
    Last edited by Kev1000000; 11/28/2009 at 02:37 AM.
    Developer of:

Yeah, this is a problem I trying to solve. If you leave the alerts in your Dealerts, it wont notify you again. If you clear them, they will show up.

I am trying to think of the best way to handle this from a user experience standpoint.
    I was thinking about this as well. The thought that came to my mind was to use an e-mail inbox paradigm for the Product Dealerts page:

• New Dealerts show up as bolded, for example
    • Opening a Dealert causes that entry to become unbolded
    • Optionally provide a way to mark a read Dealert as new again
    • Right/left swiping a Dealert causes it to become hidden (like deleted, but with the ability to unhide)
    • Clear All would either hide all or mark all as read (affects the number of new Dealerts in the notification)
    • Bonus - a page that allows you to unhide Dealerts that have not expired

I hope this helps.
  13.    #33  
    I actually really like those suggestions. I'll see what I can come up with for the next update. Thanks a ton!
    Developer of:

Grats Kev, your app is now featured in the App Catalog
  15.    #35  
    Thanks C_P. I was pleasantly surprised to find Dealert on the featured list this morning.
    Developer of:

Interesting. This is the first I have heard of this. It might be because the current version of Dealert has a memory leak that prevents it from closing. This is fixed in 1.1, which should be on the app catalog any day now.

Just to be sure, you are removing it from the Tracking List, and not the Dealert list, correct?
    ok I've been playing with it. I turned off background notification. I cleared out my tracking list. I restarted the app. Same thing. When I click the refresh button in the lower right it still finds all my previous tracking list items. I restart my phone and search again with an empty tracking list and same thing.

it is like the apps db is not truly getting cleared but the gui for the tracking list is. Does dealert have its own db or cache or is it using a built in webos one?
  17.    #37  
    Just an FYI, 1.1 is out on the app catalog.
    Developer of:

Already updated :P
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  19.    #39  
    Whatcha think?
    Developer of:

Ok so I am still having problems. Here is what I'm doing:

1- Add 'laptop' to tracking list.
    2- Hit the bottom right button to force a search, it finds a bunch.
    3- Go into my tracking list and clear it out.
    4- Go back to the main screen (site list) and force another search.
    Result: It still finds a bunch of laptops (shouldn't it find nothing and reset the counters to 0?)
    5- Went and added the word 'wacom' to my tracking list (that's the only thing showing up in my tracking list)
    6- Run another search.
    Result: It now searches for and finds laptop AND wacom (the notification popup only mentions wacom).

This basically means that no matter how many times I clear my tracking list, it seems to keep adding to it. My results list gets gargantuan and unmanageable.

Things I have tried:
    1- I ran webos doctor the other day. Redownloaded dealert - same problem.
    2- Downloaded the new version of Dealert today - same problem.

The only thing that works:
    Uninstall Dealert and reinstall it. This is the only way to reset my search results back to 0 for a fresh new search.

Please help! What's wrong? How could this still be happening after running webos doctor?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast