Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
       #1  
    ***... my main issue since the last update is getting this damn message everyday that I have too many cards open. Really? One card (web browser) is too many? I've never had to reboot my pre so much. Then 20 minutes later after browsing the web and try to check an email... Sorry, too many cards open. ****in me off..
  2. DonBakke's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #2  
    This seems to be a major problem for me since webOS 1.3.1 came out. However, I also installed and upgraded some apps lately so they might be related. However, it certainly seems like the memory pool for running apps has been compromised. Sometimes I close all open apps and am still unable to run a single app until I reboot. It's becoming quite an annoyance.

    Is there a way to uninstall an app and reinstall it without having to purchase it again? I would like to see if removing an app for a while resolve the problem.
  3. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    This seems to be a major problem for me since webOS 1.3.1 came out. However, I also installed and upgraded some apps lately so they might be related. However, it certainly seems like the memory pool for running apps has been compromised. Sometimes I close all open apps and am still unable to run a single app until I reboot. It's becoming quite an annoyance.

    Is there a way to uninstall an app and reinstall it without having to purchase it again? I would like to see if removing an app for a while resolve the problem.
    Once you purchase an app, you should have no problem deleting it and re-installing it as often as you wish to. At least that's how Palm intends it to work (I haven't tried it myself yet).
  4. #4  
    Count me in as another user with the "Sorry too many cards open" issue after upgrading to 1.3.1. I've installed a small number of amps since the update, but nothing too out of control. Having to reboot the Pre once a day now. Pretty frustrating. What happened?
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

    Catch me on Twitter

    Google+ Me
  5. allenkt's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    #5  
    Same problem here. Seems like I've rebooted my phone more since 1.3.1 came out than I ever did before. I get the too many cards open message, and I even get that when I don't have any cards open! I tried installing mvapp and moved my email off to the /media drive but it didn't solve the problem.
  6. #6  
    Had the same problem and a few others so went to Sprint Store. After complete erase and then crashing my profile, yes totally gone, they gave me a new phone. Luckily, I had a Treo before switching to Pre so my desktop backup was still in my computer... had contacts up till July when I bought Pre. Palm level 2 tech was able to get my contacts into Pre from there. I use Gmail but only had email, not phone#s in there...don't know why those never synced? Had to start over with a new profile with a different email with the new phone....so much for storing everything in the "cloud" in your profile so you can always retreive it.
  7. #7  
    I started get that too many cards open. It seems to be a problem with 1.31 update. I didn't install anything new when it started. It is intermittent though. I wouldn't return the phone. It is a software issue.
  8. #8  
    I too have just had tge problem and after rebooting and goin to precentral forums this was the very first post. Have not added any new.apps since updating to 1.3.1. This is the first time I have had to reboot in order to open an app. Bekieve this is definateky releated to the OS update
  9. DonBakke's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #9  
    I've found some other threads reporting this problem. This thread suggests that it might be the result of changes to the way webOS cleans up memory.

    BTW, has anybody else also noticed that the "too many cards" message looks different, i.e. incomplete? There are graphics that don't appear anymore for me.
  10. dsei's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #10  
    I've been having this problem as well, along with the different looking "too many cards" screen.
  11. #11  
    I've been getting the too many cards open message a lot more often too. So bad that it messed up one of the preware patches installation. This patch has messed up more things than fix things.
  12. #12  
    I was having this problem as well until I installed a Switcharoo update to fix a memory leak. Since then, I don't get the error until I expect it, that is with a number of cards open.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    I've found some other threads reporting this problem. This thread suggests that it might be the result of changes to the way webOS cleans up memory.

    BTW, has anybody else also noticed that the "too many cards" message looks different, i.e. incomplete? There are graphics that don't appear anymore for me.
    yes, there is definitely missing graphics missing from the error message.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BDoG76 View Post
    yes, there is definitely missing graphics missing from the error message.
    Yep, same for me too.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I was having this problem as well until I installed a Switcharoo update to fix a memory leak. Since then, I don't get the error until I expect it, that is with a number of cards open.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what are some of the things that can cause memory leaks?
  16. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
       #16  
    again... I'm getting this message after only browsing the web. I'm aware some apps cause memory leak, but I'm only surfing the web, then trying to open the email app. This is totally unacceptable. I had to reboot 3 times yesterday after only having the web browser up. What the hell...
  17. #17  
    The facebook regular home page did this to me. I had only the browser open, and somehow ran out of memory.
  18. JFGABEL's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #18  
    I have to agree. Seems to be an issue with 1.3.1 . Very rarely ever got this error previously.
  19. #19  
    I too have the "Too many cards open". I only have the launcher open. I had a launch day Pre and had no problems what so ever with until last week the power button broke. I got a new one and, luckily I backed up to Google because there was no profile for me at Palm, now it's starting this crap. Is there a solution?
  20. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
       #20  
    we can only hope there's another update sooner rather than later to address this...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions