Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Stock Sprint Pre here and have had the same problems since 1.3.1. Also I get the "cannot establish data connection" twice a day.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    sorry just found this thread... Yea,

I too am having the damn annoying too many cards warning.
    its incomplete and damn annoying. Especially with 0 cards open.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    exactly. same problem. both the too many cards and can't establish data connection error.

probably the only features worth mentioning in 1.3.1 are yahoo integration, message forwarding, scrolling being a little faster, and dialing faster as well.

under the hood looks like they introduced some issues, however
    Oh yea, besides the too many cards error, I forgot, I am getting that can't establish data connection error. This is definitely a software problem from 1.3.1. I hope Palm is reading about this and fixes the problem. If not, where do we submit the problem so they will fix it?
    Same here. Encountered the "too many cards" error maybe twice since I got my Pre in July. Since the 1.3.1 update I've had this happen with only a handful of cards open (no more than 4) several times already.

Along with the app limit, this needs to be fixed right away.
    I have this problem also, wondering if it is from webos quick install.
    I was fine before and after the 1.3.1 update, until I installed the latest version of Preware to grab the LED notification patch. Since then I've experienced multiple "Too many cards..." messages a day- at least 4 or 5 with only one or two apps open. The device lag was also pretty bad and the battery took a nice hit. Although I hadn't read anything about the Preware app and memory leaks, my problems went away once I uninstalled Preware (kept the LED patch). Since the uninstall, I might have one error a day, but my experience improved ten-fold. I'll stick to Filecoaster for now. Just my two cents...
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I think I'll try that...
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I hate having this issue. Only things I have installed is
    cardace
    klon. Solitaire
    good food
    pandora

I have no homebrew or any util outside oem webos and above mentioned apps from app catalog
    Last edited by flea; 11/24/2009 at 12:09 PM.
    can't establish network pretty often. also had the card problem today, but thats because I had 3 web browers, messaging, email. but after I closed them all and left one open, still showed error. had to reboot, but this rarely happens compared to the established network. lets hope this gets fixed soon.
    I am also frequently receiving the too many cards open notification. I have not modded, hacked, tweaked or added any homebrew apps to the phone. It never did this prior to the recent update.

I am wondering how many of you with the same issue have POP email accounts? It seems that Palm decided to change the way it dealt with POP emails and now even with the emails deleted off of my server, they still remain on my Pre. Prior to the recent update if emails were pulled off of the server and onto my desktop they were removed from my Pre. I get a lot of emails and am not happy with this change as it has slowed down my email on the phone. Especially having to delete one email at a time. Is it possible that the slowing of my email could contribute to the too many cards open?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    You have to empty the trash in your e-mail apps., this helped get rid of the too many cards error for me. There is a bug with 1.3.1 regarding e-mail trash or saving too many e-mails on your Pre and the too many cards error.

**Update: You have to also make sure you have the current updates for Pakage Manager, Preware & Filecoaster. And update your PRL in phone app preferences. Then restart the phone in device info app.
    Last edited by Cezasf; 11/24/2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: UPDATE:
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    You have to empty the trash in your e-mail apps., this helped get rid of the too many cards error for me. There is a bug with 1.3.1 regarding e-mail trash or saving too many e-mails on your Pre and the too many cards error.
    I promise i have not deleted mail from any account.

Sorry, but maybe this is a side-effect, but not the root-cause or the proper fix
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ya... I haven't deleted too many emails either, but its worth a shot
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I cleaned out my email several days ago. Hasn't made a difference other than being able to load a few more apps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12