1.    #1  
    so jus updated my pre to webos 1.3.1 but forgot to remove any of my tweaks or patches i have installed..now those functions do not not work but still installed on the pre..how would i remove them if i installed through webos quickinstall?..i can i remove it from preware app straight from phone?..wen i went to webosquick install and click each patch or tweak it had an error..ERROR: an error ocurred while attempting to run...what should i do?..i am still new on this so right now dnt even have much apps..jus filecoaster, preware, and virtual keyboard..and only had a few tweaks: icon, landscape, batt%, jus a few from system mods & styling mods thats all..can someone please help..thanks
    web os doctor 1.3.1
  3.    #3  
    so i jus run webos doctor..will that remove tweaks or patches?..
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rgpnoy View Post
    so i jus run webos doctor..will that remove tweaks or patches?..
    It's not clear to me - did you try to remove the patches using WebOS Quick Install?

Before you use WebOS Doctor, you might want to try running Emergency Patch Recovery (if you haven't already) in Preware. To find it, open Preware>List of Everything and type "Emergency."

Run EPR, reboot the Pre and all patches should be gone. This may resolve the problems you are having.

In addition, you can try WebOS Repair Utility.

If these programs don't resolve the problems, the Doctor should. Version 1.3.1 is available now, so you won't have to go through the WebOS update process. It will remove all patches and tweaks, and restore the device to its original condition.
    The doctor will also erase your photos and other data you have stored on the USB section of your phone, so you might want to copy those things to your computer first. Also, there have been reports of data loss from the Palm Profile, so it might be wise to back up your contacts to Google or somewhere just in case. If you search around there are quite a few strategies for protecting your data.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for your help ima try it out..I checked out preware and typed in emergency but that option only shows: move emergency calls & limited emergency button..don't see any other file called "EPR"..so I guess that options does not work..running preware v0.9.5.. As for the webos doctor is that the only way don't want to run it and lose any kind memory (files, contacts, and messages).. Another question is..is it a bad thing to do if I jus ignore them patches and tweaks already install on my pre..can I jus leave it for now?
    Thanks for your help ima try it out..I checked out preware and typed in emergency but that option only shows: move emergency calls & limited emergency button..don't see any other file called "EPR"..so I guess that options does not work..running preware v0.9.5.. As for the webos doctor is that the only way don't want to run it and lose any kind memory (files, contacts, and messages).. Another question is..is it a bad thing to do if I jus ignore them patches and tweaks already install on my pre..can I jus leave it for now?
    Did you click 'list of everything' first? The EPR is in there. You can also run it from the latest version of Web OS Quick Install.
    i did the same thing last update. i had to use the webos doctor before any of the tweaks would actually work again. Palm is just so damn persistent with the updates.... Install Later= DON"T ASK AGAIN not install on next charge!

It really isn't so bad. It is kind of like reinstalling from a backup... everything is reinstalled but recent activity (i.e. call log, chat log), that is if you have backup turned on or the missing sync.
  9.    #9  
    yes I click 'list of everything' first..no EpR showed just "move emergency calls" and "limited emergency button" that's all..

and no have not done a back up..jus dnt want to lose all my contacts that's all..dnt mind have my pre reinstall everything jus don't want to have the problem of add contacts and losing messages n all..apps dnt mind losing and install it again..

is a bad thing jus keep them patches on even tho not working?
    i don't want to steal this thread ,but my pre was acting weird ,so i did ran webdoctor 1.3.1. I noticed few things my music and pics where still intact and before webdc i did had 7 pages on my launcher and after the webdoc all the patches where gone except the pages on the launcher.weird.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    yes I click 'list of everything' first..no EpR showed just "move emergency calls" and "limited emergency button" that's all..

and no have not done a back up..jus dnt want to lose all my contacts that's all..dnt mind have my pre reinstall everything jus don't want to have the problem of add contacts and losing messages n all..apps dnt mind losing and install it again..

Try updating Preware. EPR should be there.

Run Preware, tap on "Preware" in the upper left corner and tap "Update Feeds." When that is complete, tap Available Packages>Linux Application>All. EPR is the fourth item in the list.

Regarding WebOS Doctor and lost data, are your contacts synced with Palm Profile or Google? If the former, there have been reports of data loss, as McKathryn pointed out above. Depending on the number of contacts you have, you might consider syncing with Google before running the Doctor.

If you are synced to Google, the contacts will be restored to the Pre when you sync after running the Doctor.

If EPR is not showing, then your Package Manager Service is not installed correctly.

Reinstall it following http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals