1.    #1  
    My Pre was dropped on concrete, flew down 5 concrete steps (hard), and dropped on a tile floor and still works like a champ. Great durability
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah I've dropped my Pre like... 2-3 times atleast.
    Not on concrete, but in a way that where I thought it was broken.
    I chipped off a huge chunk of the top part of the phone. Still works pretty well.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Mine bounced on the concrete today for the second time. Virtually unnoticeable
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I was really surprised how well this thing has held up to my abuse, I've dropped it several times on concrete and tile among other things, and barely a scratch! I suspect the plastic screen and moving parts have really helped absorb the shock. My iPhones (had 3) didn't stand up this well by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    I chipped off a huge chunk of the top part of the phone. Still works pretty well.
    Same here! And it was just a fall on the hardwood floor. I don't think the Pre is exceedingly durable at all.
    well I use protection anyways, but I slung mine across rough asphault and its just fine . Thank God lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ok I'm just posting this because its my 2000 mark . Have a wonderful day!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Wow, 2000. Congratulations Shada!
    I was so happy when i hit 500 last week, that i thought PreCentral would throw me a party or something. But there weren't even any balloons. NOTHING!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Dude, 2000 since August 09? GET A LIFE MAN!!!

Just kidding.........

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Dude, 2000 since August 09? GET A LIFE MAN!!!

Just kidding.........

Joe
    sadly i've seen worse.
    I babied the hell out of this thing at first after reading all the posts about going through 4-5 pre's. Now I've been using it like any normal phone for a couple mounths, dropped a few times, etc. The phone is pretty sturdy, overall I am still very happy with my choice.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelswizz View Post
    My Pre was dropped on concrete, flew down 5 concrete steps (hard), and dropped on a tile floor and still works like a champ. Great durability
    I donot believe you. Its good to be a fan-boi...but gawd don't overdo it.
    Dropped mine 2-3 feet, screen cracked
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelswizz View Post
    Hard to believe! You are very lucky the phone is still in a usable state. Dropped mine once on an area rug and sharted.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I think the phone is quite durable except when it isn't. I've dropped mine a couple of times with no ill effects, but I also fell over into my car and cracked the screen on my first pre.
    Dropped mine on asphalt (twice in the span of thirty seconds) and it gave the screen some scratches which I was sad about, but otherwise no ill effects - oreo effect not worsened, slider fine, phone fully functional. I don't keep the phone in a case.

I agree with the op, this is pretty durable for a phone with such a complicated build.
    thank you wizz for bringing good stuff to the forum
    I am on my third phone. The first two were not abused and broke or just had bad pixels. This third phone has a different life..

I dropped mine on concrete from about 4 feet and the touch screen went unresponsive until a restart.

Then I dropped the phone in Waldon Pond and after 4 days of drying it worked great.