View Poll Results: On a scale from 1 to 5, how much do you like the Pre keyboard?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - terrible

2 4.44%
  • 2 - I make due but don't like it much

5 11.11%
  • 3 - I make due. It's pretty good.

21 46.67%
  • 4 - I like it a lot

12 26.67%
  • 5 - I love it!!

5 11.11%
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I assume that the blister type buttons underneath the keyboard in the Pixi allow for more travel than the Pre. I wonder if they can be swapped? (I know, probably not but the pre keyboard sucks in comparison).

Palm really got it backwards with the keyboards. The pre needs a softer touch because it is so cramped by the edges of the phone. My thumbs actually start to hurt after an email.

Please vote how hard you think it is to type on the Pre.
    Ballz - Every day that goes by with my Pre I am underwhelmed buut there's nothing better on Sprint. Alas, I remain invested.
    its not any worse than a Curve and no, they cant be swapped.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    really? I would put the Pixi's on the same level as the Tour and I assume (although I don't know for sure) that the Curve is similar. The throw on the Tour is much father and there is less resistance to press the button (IMO).

Thanks for your perspective.
    i think the pixi keys are actually raised higher than the pres right? so just by chance all the other dimensions were the same the keys would probably be too high and scrape upon using the slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    really? I would put the Pixi's on the same level as the Tour and I assume (although I don't know for sure) that the Curve is similar. The throw on the Tour is much father and there is less resistance to press the button (IMO).

Thanks for your perspective.
    The only thing I would like on the Pre is a little more of a raise to the keys. That's what's nice about the Pixi board. But it is in no way a bother to me.

They would probably benefit from using a SureType keyboard like on the Pearl's in order to give us larger keys on the Pre, but then people would start complaining about SureType.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i think the pixi keys are actually raised higher than the pres right? so just by chance all the other dimensions were the same the keys would probably be too high and scrape upon using the slider.
    That is correct, but I was in the store and pushed my key and the Pixi keys and there is no doubt a difference in the pressure required to initiate key movement. This is not a function of the key height entirely although I do concede that it does play a part.

You should try it out the next time you are at BB or sprint, etc.
    Thanks everybody for chiming in
    I have a Pre and my wife got the Pixi on launch day. I have to say, I love the Pre's keyboard but I LOVE the Pixi's keyboard.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    GF's Pixi is incoming. I've only felt the dummy model's keys for the Pixi so I don't really know how it compares to my Pre's. I was surprised that the Pixi's keyboard was actually smaller than the Pre's. I wasn't expecting to actually like the Pre's keyboard so much, since I couldn't imagine it getting any smaller. I worry about those little rubber nubs coming off of the Pixi since they're exposed and all.
    I just ended up installing the on screen keyboard patch. I hate typing on the Pre's keypad.