1.    #1  
    The Pre browser is very good. Here are 10 features I'd appreciate:

1. Save pages for offline viewing
    2. While the page is loading, be responsive to double tap zoom and stay there, so I can start reading the main column
    3. A keyboard shortcut for tabbing between form fields and links
    4. Password manager and form auto complete
    5. Search text on page
    6. Resize textarea boxes to fit current zoom level
    7. Stealth mode
    8. Allow me to disable re-orientation, perhaps by holding a finger on the screen when I'm changing the device orientation (reading in bed)
    9. Bookmark using the favicon
    10. Allow me to change the default text for sharing pages

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by sivan; 11/21/2009 at 07:59 PM.
    How about fixing the link clickability back to the way it was in 1.2.1.
    It drives me crazy now, how difficult it is to click small links!
    Oh- and translucent scrollbars.
    That's a pretty good list. Have you been to Palm's feedback site lately?
    I would like some custom setting feature allowing you to adjust the clicking to something of your liking. More sensitivity or something like that. Pretty much making the differences between 1.3.1 and 1.2.1. I guess I mean like adjusting the amount of time on pressing the link will it signify a full click.

To add to the list, one thing that I SOO loved from the Opera 9 mobile browser when zooming in, the text will format to the screen real estate. No scrolling back and forth when zoomed in really tight.
    As far as pinching to zoom is concerned there's alot of accidental clicking of links just as you remove your fingers from the screen.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    That's a pretty good list. Have you been to Palm's feedback site lately?
    I already submitted some of these but don't remember which exactly. Frankly, these are all things Palm can do on its own without waiting for Flash or do hard work with OpenGL. It's all low hanging fruit that can make the phone great.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    "5. Search text on page"

That'd be my number 1 on the list.
    The ability to make the browser view full web pages when it makes you view the mobile version.
    1. Screen should follow the cursor when tyoing in forms
    2. Scrollbar
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    The Pre browser is very good. Here are 10 features I'd appreciate:

1. Save pages for offline viewing
    2. While the page is loading, be responsive to double tap zoom and stay there, so I can start reading the main column
    3. A keyboard shortcut for tabbing between form fields and links
    4. Password manager and form auto complete
    5. Search text on page
    6. Resize textarea boxes to fit current zoom level
    7. Stealth mode
    8. Allow me to disable re-orientation, perhaps by holding a finger on the screen when I'm changing the device orientation (reading in bed)
    9. Bookmark using the favicon
    10. Allow me to change the default text for sharing pages

Any other ideas?
    The search and the tab between fields are ones I have definitely wished for. A password manager would be nice.

I don't understand #7 (stealth mode) nor #10 (change default text for sharing)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    I don't understand #7 (stealth mode) nor #10 (change default text for sharing)
    Stealth mode is privacy mode. No cookies are used and no history is saved. You can search Google anonymously for example.

When chosing Page > Share, the email message contains the link with some cheesy wording like "Check out this cool page!", I always delete it manually.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Keyboard shortcuts to go to the bottom/top of a page
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    I would like to be able to access my bookmarks while browsing in landscape. As of now with the 1.3.5 we have to turn the phone to portrait which is annoying.