1.    #1  
    Done a lot of reading on here, but I cannot find a way to get my contacts out of the Pre, I've set up a Google Gmail account but this seems to need a .csv file to import. I downloaded Palm Desktop but it won't 'link' with my UK O2 Palm Pre .. is it not compatable with my Pre ? So how can I get the contacts out of the Pre ?
    I assume you have loaded your contacts to the Palm Profile? If so there are various ways of getting your contacts out of the palm profile. If you are looking for a free solution, then checkout the following:

Xybyresoft WebOS Products

and

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...acts-free.html

However, if you are not comfortable with tinkering with native webos files and just want an easy solution to sync and export your contacts out of the Palm profile, then consider companionlink:

Palm webOS sync

You can setup companionlink to sync the palm profile with Palm desktop or outlook and then import your contacts from either client to gmail.

Finally, if don't want to deal with any softwares, then you could just go to a Sprint store and have them transfer your contacts out of the Palm Profile for you:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...asier-way.html

Hope that helps....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think the OP needs to clarify what do you want the Contacts from the Pre to be exported to. Clearly if you just sync with the Cloud and Google contacts, you can get the csv file and then import that to Outlook for instance.

My setup is:
    Outlook sync to Google (using Gsyncit)
    Palm Pre sync to Google
    Treo Pro sync to Outlook
    so basically I have contact data in 2 PDAs, Outlook and Google.

Gsyncit is an excellent inexpensive tool to sync Outlook with Google and recently the ability to sync Outlook Notes with Google Docs has been added.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 11/22/2009 at 08:15 AM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post

However, if you are not comfortable with tinkering with native webos files and just want an easy solution to sync and export your contacts out of the Palm profile, then consider companionlink:

Palm webOS sync

You can setup companionlink to sync the palm profile with Palm desktop or outlook and then import your contacts from either client to gmail.
    From what I've seen, Companionlink uses it's own database on the Pre, and has nothing to do with the Contacts already within your Palm profile ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    This worked for me best....since I don't want to put all my contacts on to Google. However be prepared to do a manual recovery...

I wasted 3hrs yesterday cause after I doc'ed my Pre to 1.3.1 GSM I lost all contacts !!! GRRRR Palm GRRRR !!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    This worked for me best....since I don't want to put all my contacts on to Google. However be prepared to do a manual recovery...

I wasted 3hrs yesterday cause after I doc'ed my Pre to 1.3.1 GSM I lost all contacts !!! GRRRR Palm GRRRR !!!
    Did the same so I'm also without them. Should they be backed up?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Did the same so I'm also without them. Should they be backed up?
    In theory yes...They were backed up cause a few weeks ago I Doc'ed my Pre and I restored my profile and all was there...

Now it is all gone....

However do you have the db file? You can restore it back to your pre and it will have all your info !!!

Vas
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    In theory yes...They were backed up cause a few weeks ago I Doc'ed my Pre and I restored my profile and all was there...

Now it is all gone....

However do you have the db file? You can restore it back to your pre and it will have all your info !!!

Vas
    Dont have the db file and I noticed that the memos are missing too so Ive turned backup off to delete the profile data and will run the DTA again hope that it wont duplicate anything on the cloud. Since it wont sync to my phone I doubt there is anything to be duplicated?

Btw, I was chatting with support regarding this and it took like 30 min, I was put on hold for maybe 10 min and when the technican came back they just closed the session on me.
    Dont have the db file and I noticed that the memos are missing too so Ive turned backup off to delete the profile data and will run the DTA again hope that it wont duplicate anything on the cloud. Since it wont sync to my phone I doubt there is anything to be duplicated?

Btw, I was chatting with support regarding this and it took like 30 min, I was put on hold for maybe 10 min and when the technican came back they just closed the session on me.
    I would call them again. Try the online support via the chat application they have. I am not sure were the Memo's get stored. Maybe do a search on the forums.

Unfortunately form all I have read recently if they didnt sync there is no way to get them back. This is why I did a backup of the db. I didnt realise straight away I could just over write the file and "boom" have it all back. I started manually importing the numbers again (after I exported them to a csv) but half way through I over written the db file.

I am not sure if Palm support can help you but maybe try calling them again.

What is interesting is that I thought this problem was only happening for like a few days last week. But it looks like it is still an issue !!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I would call them again. Try the online support via the chat application they have. I am not sure were the Memo's get stored. Maybe do a search on the forums.

Unfortunately form all I have read recently if they didnt sync there is no way to get them back. This is why I did a backup of the db. I didnt realise straight away I could just over write the file and "boom" have it all back. I started manually importing the numbers again (after I exported them to a csv) but half way through I over written the db file.

I am not sure if Palm support can help you but maybe try calling them again.

What is interesting is that I thought this problem was only happening for like a few days last week. But it looks like it is still an issue !!!
    Thank you, ive used the DTA so now its all back again. Regarding tech support I was actually using the chat client so Im bit puzzled why they ended the session.
    Thank you, ive used the DTA so now its all back again. Regarding tech support I was actually using the chat client so Im bit puzzled why they ended the session.
    DTA ???
    Maybe misclicked? or it times out after some inactivity...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    DTA ???
    Maybe misclicked? or it times out after some inactivity...
    DTA, Desktop Transfer Assistant, a tool from Palm to copy contacts and memos from Palm Desktop program that was used for the PalmOS Treo's.