Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but their is 495 apps compared to compared to the current 418 as of this post.....

I think we will be finding out the truth very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Thats fake to much missing from the video. Any person would show more if it was real. fake.
    i have to agree...if your going to put your job on the line...why not go big....it's definitely a fake video.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    i have to agree...if your going to put your job on the line...why not go big....it's definitely a fake video.
    its not the op's job that is on the line, and the more info you post the more likely someone figures it out. Given the htc HD2 and BB videos it seems in development for other mobile platforms, why not the pre? Bb dosnt support OpenGL yet either, that's not supposed to come for more than six months.

besides as someone else pointed out the game has square edges, pre videos are round, unless you patch, but the screenshots have rounded edges on the bottom of appcatalog, which would be square if patched I believe. That is some serious hard work and forthought to fake, or it could be real.
  4. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I think this is the real deal. The guy that posted this is probably afraid for his friend. I hope he would come back and let us know how the Webos is with the GPU enabled. =/
    Afraid for his friend or maybe not. With all the other bad news
    lately like lost contacts, this is a breath of fresh air and very positive. He works
    for palm... Not EA... So if palm needs good
    news out but it's EA that is keeping things under wrap, what do you do... You have a friend
    I dont think they look photoshopped personally, and you should take it from me, i'm a photoshopper. To me they just look like a slightly updated app catalog pics. and the video, it looks legit. But like i mentioned before, i'm still skeptical about this, but it looks fantastic if its a forgery.
    A. The bottom divider disappears on the actual Pre device right now when you get near the bottom. Only difference in that shot is you can actually read the next item below in that screenshot. Can't do it on our Pres. (That is to say, you wouldn't be able to see the Chess icon)
    B. Rounded edges very possibly do not display because the game is running in OpenGL. OpenGL might take full control of the screen, and thus pop out of the card look (or maybe just in this stage of development).
    C. The colors look off most likely because the Pre's screen looks very different than a PC's

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Eh, not all the evidence...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Who's to say the App Catalog in that screenshot is the same as ours (in beta)? I am assuming that the App Catalog in the screenshots are the out-of-beta AC, which would make sense if it was different.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Who's to say the App Catalog in that screenshot is the same as ours (in beta)? I am assuming that the App Catalog in the screenshots are the out-of-beta AC, which would make sense if it was different.
    how else can you explain the missing divider line and the difference in color where the line would of been. i looked at the screen shot closly right from precentral .net and can see the color difference within the "leaked" screenshot it has to be a fake

when the line disappears so does the text of the app bellow the last app showing. in this screenshot line is gone but app is still showing
    Last edited by jack87; 11/23/2009 at 12:14 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    It's just something to note down. It's hard to not notice.

Eh, not all the evidence...
    Do you have more evidence? Just curious.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    The NFS thing, I can take or leave.

The GPU is definitely being enabled soon, though. Think about it: even running native code, the Pre's CPU is nowhere near fast enough to run Flash without the assistance of the GPU. Since Adobe is releasing a public beta of Flash for the Pre before the end of the year, there has to be a GPU-enabling update coming within the next 5 weeks.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    They make a fair claim. However, I can recreate that image more or less just by taking a screen shot of my pre in the app catalog.

As you can see all you need is a short company name, such as EA, and it would fall under the depressed time sort button, which you cannot see through. In fact in the leaked image you can make out the top of the letters which could be EA.

Also near the bottom of the screen, the divider bar fades. Try moving around in the app catalog and you can see if for yourself. The images that were leaked, do have a faded divider line. It is even high-lighted in the MX web post.

As far as the color goes, that could easily be just a small change in the design of the app catalog. Anyway, I don't think anything was disproven.
    Last edited by Complex Pants; 11/23/2009 at 12:41 AM.
    The one thing to note about the screenshot (I think someone else did as well), is that the Time on the screen does sort-of match the post times (made a few minutes before posted), which might not proof much either but does show great attention to detail if fake.

I don't know if it's real or not and I'm not going to speculate about it either, it happens if/when it happens discussing it seems pointless to me. GPU support for Applications is one thing, but using it in the UI itself with CSS Transform, Animations and having WebGL is way more interesting if you ask me.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    They make a fair claim. However, I can recreate that image more or less just by taking a screen shot of my pre in the app catalog.

As you can see all you need is a short company name, such as EA, and it would fall under the depressed time sort button, which you cannot see through. In fact in the leaked image you can make out the top of the letters which could be EA.

Also near the bottom of the screen, the divider bar fades. Try moving around in the app catalog and you can see if for yourself. The images that were leaked, do have a faded divider line. It is even high-lighted in the MX web post.

As far as the color goes, that could easily be just a small change in the design of the app catalog. Anyway, I don't think anything was disproven.
    as you can see there is no app info or free on your screen shot.. but the hoax continues to try and show the app bellow need for speed

you can see the color difference between the app in the catalog hiding at the very bottom vs the apps above it
    MatterOfFactJack
    Yea I don't know about that one. All I can respond with is it is a new app catalog version. I still will hold my ground in the middle saying nothing is proven or disproven.

What is a bit disturbing to me is that all 3 screen captures of the app catalog are different, in obvious ways.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I just don't see this as even anyway possible yet it just doesn't make sense as this would suggest full GPU acceleration and the allowance of binary-based applications in the app store? Neither of which of these things has been spoken about at all from Palm, I will remain skeptical (hey, some things I'd love to be proven wrong about *nudge nudge*).
    Ok sorry for posting a thousand times here, but I just checked the prefs in my app catalog. When I back swipped I saw this.

So here I can see the icon below, but the line is not faded. That is 4 different screen captures, I have seen from up-to-date app catalogs. So...I don't know what to call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Ok sorry for posting a thousand times here, but I just checked the prefs in my app catalog. When I back swipped I saw this.

So here I can see the icon below, but the line is not faded. That is 4 different screen captures, I have seen from up-to-date app catalogs. So...I don't know what to call.
    ya i just did it to.. interesting.. but once again the buttons are transparent and the divider doesn't fade away.. color all remains the same. you really think he went into preferences first then back swiped to take the screenshot?
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast