Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 346
  1. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    No. I request something to be trustworthy from my friend for my post. But that's what he would like to provide me...
    meh.. it's okay. You're posts seem plausible. It would hurt Palm badly if this didn't happen eventually so why not now? If there is any other information/videos/or pictures you could provide.. we're could all use something to look forward to!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  2. d.moss's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    That's it. Believe it or not. I don't want to get my friend in trouble if this is not yet to be announced...

    And if I can make fake video and pic like this, I must be damn good at it...
    i don't know dude.. still a bit skeptical. that actually would be a very easy photoshop job. the "n" in nfs doesn't align with the "b" in the text above it. hmm? i want to believe it. but there are so many hoax's. how does one know that you're not doing this simply for the joy of seeing how many responses you can get and how many peoples hopes you can deceive? i think its fake. post a video anonymously of someone opening the app from the launcher.. i promise i won't tell it was you. until then.. fake!
  3. #83  
    looks very promising!
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    i don't know dude.. still a bit skeptical. that actually would be a very easy photoshop job. the "n" in nfs doesn't align with the "b" in the text above it. hmm? i want to believe it. but there are so many hoax's. how does one know that you're not doing this simply for the joy of seeing how many responses you can get and how many peoples hopes you can deceive? i think its fake. post a video anonymously of someone opening the app from the launcher.. i promise i won't tell it was you. until then.. fake!
    I just looked at the alignment and it looks pretty spot on to me. Also there are a few things that are a bit different about that App Catalog from the one I see. First of all, the ratings are different. If the OP's friends Pre is pointing to a different App Catalog server, it is very possible they might have different ratings.

    Definitive evidence would still be seeing the NFS app launch in a vid. However, with only the images and video we have, I would lean towards this being a definite possibility, and it would make sense to get this out before the winter holidays. It would make the Pre and Pixi a much better competitor to droid and the iPhone. The timing fits a bit in my mind.

    Would I bet on this? No. Would I keep an eye out and expect some news about this? Yes.
  5. #85  
    there's a video on precentral home page
  6. #86  
    With Flash Beta due out this year it seems plausible. The question is whether or not there will be a public release prior to Flash Mobile coming out of beta. I would also wonder if GPU support is going to be limited to flash only (provided by Texas Instruments) and not available for general access or system UI.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    there's a video on precentral home page
    That was the video posted in this thread. If you read a few pages back, people say that it is a good quality video, but it could be pulled off by just playing a video in the pre's video player.

    Assuming that this isn't smoke and mirrors, it is a very, very good sign of great things to come for the pre!
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by born2defy View Post
    With Flash Beta due out this year it seems plausible. The question is whether or not there will be a public release prior to Flash Mobile coming out of beta. I would also wonder if GPU support is going to be limited to flash only (provided by Texas Instruments) and not available for general access or system UI.
    The word I have heard is that Palm has been working closely with the Adobe people to make flash happen. So it wouldn't surprise me if while working with adobe that palm has also been working on getting the GPU up and running for the entire WebOS.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    [...]both the iPhone OS and WebOS are built off of linux.
    Wrong. iPhone OS is based on Mac OS X (BSD).
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    hmm...how about this?
    you do know that if you are lying you will most likely be shunned by everyone on here.....and risk getting your *** beat in real life
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  11. #91  
    This is by far one of the funnier threads I've read on this forum. Nothing wrong with taking things with a grain of salt, but some of the same tired and true nasayers have proclaimed that only only is this a fake, but it's not even possible.

    Guess it's important not to have been wrong about dire predictions of failure...

    I'm pretty much middle of the road on this. I like to see promises of the future, but will believe it's "coming soon" when I see an official date announced (or the app up on the apps catalog).

    Until then though, it does look very promising...
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    That's it. Believe it or not. I don't want to get my friend in trouble if this is not yet to be announced...

    And if I can make fake video and pic like this, I must be damn good at it...
    This is cool to see. Glad you posted it.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  13. CUH
    CUH is offline
    CUH's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #93  
    Casperstar can you tell us how the smooth the webos is with the GPU enabled?
  14. #94  
    I hope the technique they've used fits into the HTML/CSS/JavaScript picture holistically.

    I wonder how this would work with the Ares IDE that Palm is developing.

    Can. Not. Wait.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by nocopies View Post
    Wrong. iPhone OS is based on Mac OS X (BSD).
    Last I checked OSX was using a unix kernel...so while it is not true linux, it is very similar.
  16. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #96  
    Honestly, I imagine something like this to come EVENTUALLY, but not soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the video was legit and being used internally. What would surprise me is the guy allowing this video to be taken and providing pictures. Stuff like that can cause someone to lose their job in most businesses.
  17. #97  
    Palm recently hired an ex-AMD engineer, so the GPU being enabled in the near future can't be that implausible.
  18. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #98  
    Damn y'all are just as harsh as the psp dash hacks group
  19. dwhall's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #99  
    Video removed by user? lol
  20. geodim's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #100  
    Is the intermittent pause still around, when playing games?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

    iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions