Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Hmmm... I don't know. It'd be nice, but it seems that this has the exact same UI as the iPhone version, right down to the load screen, and I can't see that happening.

"'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Hmmm... I don't know. It'd be nice, but it seems that this has the exact same UI as the iPhone version, right down to the load screen, and I can't see that happening.

Why not? It would make sense that they would reuse graphics. Also since this game requires GPU acceleration, it is very possible that it might be running outside of the HTML/CSS/Javascript world of the mojo SDK.

Also, considering that the pre and the iphone have the exact same resolution it could be very possible that they just did a port. After all, both the iPhone OS and WebOS are built off of linux.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    obviously fake, but, hey, I'm glad we're all keeping this **** thread bumped, including me with this fantastic post that I just typed out right here in this shamefully bad troll thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    obviously fake, but, hey, I'm glad we're all keeping this **** thread bumped, including me with this fantastic post that I just typed out right here in this shamefully bad troll thread

you are very wrong

for a troll thread this is pretty good.
    There are four lights.
  5.    #65  
    hmm...how about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    hmm...how about this?
    That is helpful, but again there is much power in photoshop. Sorry about being skeptical, but I don't like my heart to be played with
    hmm...how about this?
    whats up with the app-catalog, it doesn't look like the one currently on the pre, no size, no version number ect.

again it adds a little, but its not proof positive.

thanks for keeping it going, I certainly want to believe.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    This video is the real deal.
    Notice the username!

I would put money on it being true. Modular has been very reliable with his/her information in the past, as I'm sure others can verify.
  9. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Yeah sorry but photoshop is powerful. Like I said Load NSF from Launcher!
  10.    #70  
    That's it. Believe it or not. I don't want to get my friend in trouble if this is not yet to be announced...

And if I can make fake video and pic like this, I must be damn good at it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    The last pic looks more promising. but still skeptical.
    Why would "EA" need to be edited out of the screenshot? I'm pretty sure we all know who makes Need For Speed. Also, would something like GPU access be released as a 1.3.x release, as indicated?

I want to believe, I really do!

EDIT: 495 apps! Are you from the future??
    like everyone said, the corners were not rounded in the gameplay, yet it is rounded in the picture in the last app store pic. not very positive if its true but who knows. id love it to be true though. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    This video is the real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Notice the username!

I would put money on it being true. Modular has been very reliable with his/her information in the past, as I'm sure others can verify.
    That's it. Believe it or not. I don't want to get my friend in trouble if this is not yet to be announced...

And if I can make fake video and pic like this, I must be damn good at it...
    Just went through modulars post, he has been dead on accurate with info starting before the release of the pre. mostly he says X isn't coming, or you can set Y via blah blah blah. all except one (you can change the phone icon) seem dead on correct.

not to mention, the most recent pic is dead-on the time difference one would expect from the first pic

I'm leaning toward believing.
    Last edited by windzilla; 11/22/2009 at 05:04 PM.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post

+1

And nice avatar. I have a 2008 Civic SI myself.

Edit: you know what everyone is missing though? The OP also said that the app limit restriction has been lifted! 1.3.x is promising to the be the best patch ever!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Alright, you've got pictures of the app catalog on request so I'm using you must have the device in hand.. What version of webOS is it running? Can you give a version number? Any note on other features? Expected release is?
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    Why would "EA" need to be edited out of the screenshot? I'm pretty sure we all know who makes Need For Speed. Also, would something like GPU access be released as a 1.3.x release, as indicated?

EDIT: 495 apps! Are you from the future??
    That's from my friend's Pre. I believe it points to different internal server than ours. Now we already have 1.3.1. Believe me, the .x is no far from the .1
    And I believe the capability is available on the 1.3.x for their internal testing
    More and more I'm leaning towards believing.....it looks like someone would've gone through a LOT of trouble for this all to be a fake.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Good deal dude. Thanks for all the info. If all of this actually happens, this will start to look very bright for Palm and WebOS indeed.

BTW, if you played around with your friends Pre at all, did the general day to day animations seem smoother? That is my main complaint with the pre right now is that animations that should be super smooth can get choppy.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Alright, you've got pictures of the app catalog on request so I'm using you must have the device in hand.. What version of webOS is it running? Can you give a version number? Any note on other features? Expected release is?
    No. I request something to be trustworthy from my friend for my post. But that's what he would like to provide me...
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast