Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Ok sorry for posting a thousand times here, but I just checked the prefs in my app catalog. When I back swipped I saw this.

[img]http://forums.precentral.net/

So here I can see the icon below, but the line is not faded. That is 4 different screen captures, I have seen from up-to-date app catalogs. So...I don't know what to call.
    1.3.5 now looks exactly like this I'm definitely am believing now. I'll post up my screenie in a minute
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    lol this is awesome. I can actually say I am giddy with anticipation! Lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Need For Speed just announced at CES.

ahem. *clears throat*
    TOLD YOU SO
    I don't think I was particularly harsh on the NFS vid, but I'm more than prepared to eat crow about Rubinstein's comments on the developer call and how it SEEMED to indicate to me that this stuff wasn't a priority.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Exciting address thus far. Still haven't announced what I am waiting for, but still great.
    haha you guys tore the OP to pieces. I think you guys all owe him an apology.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    [IMG]http://archvillain.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/head-up-***.jpg[/IMG]
  7. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    All you **** that didnt believe just got owned by casperstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    it's not 'owned' when, at the end of the day, everyone wants the same things.

and believing what turns out to be the right thing for the wrong reasons isn't exactly the right thing, no matter how you slice it

and now, here's something you'll really like:
    Ugh, she's ugly. And why the **** would we want to see this here?
    my dog looks better the she does jeez
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    [QUOTE=Stihl;2137101]it's not 'owned' when, at the end of the day, everyone wants the same things.

and believing what turns out to be the right thing for the wrong reasons isn't exactly the right thing, no matter how you slice it

and now, here's something you'll really like:
    [IMG]

a man of his word. I expect to see many more. maybe a new thread with a warning though
    OK, I just felt this needed a massive bump with some .... interesting quoted links.

That cat gets out of the bag pretty much around page 14, and then page 17 gets down to what happened today. But with almost 300 posts before the "evidence" got turned around, I thought it would fun to have some of the more notable ones highlighted.

BTW, shoutout to Stihl for manning up and attempting to honor his bet. But please... that girl's got a big ol' booty... I say we all let him off his bet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Thats fake to much missing from the video. Any person would show more if it was real. fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i dont believe this is truth . he's pulling legs i bet lol
    Quote Originally Posted by freezefire View Post
    Yeah I call TOTAL bs. Kid... don't do this.
    Palm would need to work a lot on the SDK to even allow games like Need for Speed to be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbw View Post
    how does someone only have 9 posts on here & know someone @ palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    *****....that is so stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    if no developers have access to flash yet who the hell developed need for speed, unless I missed something here isn't that a video game? Is palm developing software for video games now????

coughbull****cough
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh10475 View Post
    BS
    Quote Originally Posted by CUH View Post
    notice the car's rpm revving at the beginning but he wasnt even pressing anything. FAKE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    obviously fake, but, hey, I'm glad we're all keeping this **** thread bumped, including me with this fantastic post that I just typed out right here in this shamefully bad troll thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    List of things wrong:
    -Background brightness is off in App catalog.
    -Item List Divider missing below NFS entry.
    -Change of color right where the list divider SHOULD be. (Zoom in to see)

That's all I could see at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by superkyol View Post
    Definitely fake.

The guy doesn't touch the screen the whole time. How does he accel or slow down the vehicle? Also at the end of the video the car turns to the right, but the device has only been physically moved down and to the right, not turned.

You'd think people would be able to spot fakes like this by now. Come on, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    i have to agree...if your going to put your job on the line...why not go big....it's definitely a fake video.
    this entire thread is a troll thread

what is the difference between the original video and this video, if you edit the guy's speaking parts out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Oh, and the only conceivable way they could currently achieve this would be WebGL.

WebGL hasn't found it's way into the webkit build in webOS, and trying to run a game like Need For Speed programmed with Javascript with WebGL hooks would cause the device to slow to a crawl. Combine that with the poorly photoshopped App Catalog shots, and well, the evidence should speak for itself.
    The PowerVX GPU technically supports it sure, but webOS isn't anywhere close to supporting OpenGL.

This game actually existing and running the way it's purported to in the video is highly unlikely (read: impossible) in the Mojo 1.3.1 framework. Really. The screenshot of the app suggests needed 1.3.x, but you won't see GPU support added in a minor update.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    From what i've heard, Palm is having enough problems trying to get audio to work right..much less this.

Read this again..The first paid app is Air Hockey for webOS! Questions? Answers. | Acceleroto
    Quote Originally Posted by freezefire View Post
    The dude was playing a VIDEO of the game on the pre, duh. End of story
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I have also come to the same conclusion. Some poeple just lact attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    I'm Pulling out The BS Card on this one.
    Overwhelming evidence that suggests it ain't real aside, I'd say don't believe it and keep your expectations low.

Does anyone here really think Palm pulled an Apple and went native with the SDK 6 months after releasing the phone after claiming web apps is where it's at?
    All joking I've done in this thread aside, I cosign what cnote said: THINK PEOPLE.

There are so many reasons this is bogus that it's almost silly to go into. Have one for free: Palm doesn't have a secure app catalog at all--all program source code can be easily seen if you know how to access it, and all programs can be copied relatively simply. Palm knows it and many devs are aware of it too. It is a huge issue for companies who not only want to make serious applications, but also want to make serious money.

And whoever suggested we start betting on this, I am down. If I'm wrong, every third post I make will from here on out feature a hot girl in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    duh. thats what the OP wanted. false hope. and everyone is biting. may i say i told you so when it doesnt happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    This is fake. I wish it wasn't but it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Stop feeding the troll. The video is fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Hilarious. I suspect your disbelief is more biased than anything I said. I'm not wrong, it's not my fault you don't understand what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    So why would EA mickey mouse a solution like this, instead of waiting for official support? DirectFB to run a cell phone game from a major company? That's more of a stretch than this game even being on the Pre. It amazes me how far people will reach to support their position when there is plain evidence this isn't real. Go ahead and call me biased hparsons, you're not even making any sense at this point.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Where did this quote come from? It was in Palm's CES keynote today.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Found it. It's from the precentral blog post. http://www.precentral.net/pre-caught...ing-need-speed

The actually screwed up the quote. It's from eXPerience333 not LurkerX.

FAKE. I would love - and am hoping for things like this to come. In the NEAR future.

Submitted by eXPerience333 on Sun, 11/22/2009 - 20:18
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, I just felt this needed a massive bump with some .... interesting quoted links.

That cat gets out of the bag pretty much around page 14, and then page 17 gets down to what happened today. But with almost 300 posts before the "evidence" got turned around, I thought it would fun to have some of the more notable ones highlighted.

BTW, shoutout to Stihl for manning up and attempting to honor his bet. But please... that girl's got a big ol' booty... I say we all let him off his bet.
    Thanks for getting all of those quotes together. It was a post full of win.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Lol Sthil should make a thread dedicated to his bet, every 3rd post he makes should go there and it will make a great wallpaper gallery .
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 01/08/2010 at 02:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    i smile when i see this thread.
    Photoshop and rounded corners
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Originally Posted by CUH
    notice the car's rpm revving at the beginning but he wasnt even pressing anything. FAKE!
    Quote Originally Posted by CUH View Post
    All you **** that didnt believe just got owned by casperstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too true!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    yeah, I' gonna make a thread later today after I pass out and I'm also gonna try to make most of the girls 'cute' instead of 'hot' so it's not TOTALLY nws (more like work-curious) so I don't get scads of people in trouble

I'll make an epic post tomorrow, trust me.

good night, my babies!
    my apologies I didn't believe but now I do !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->