Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treetom View Post
    Yeah this guy was almost certainly for real at this point. The following string is part of the new 1.3.5 OpenGL ES packages. Compare the bolded part to the description in the screenshot.

"Source: file:///home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/palm/packages/opengles/opengles-omap3.bb"

From the screenshot:
    "Need for Speed from __.Nova-1.3.__ is required.

Next week is going to be INTERESTING.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I thought I'd had enough of cooking "birds" over the holidays, but I'm gettin' ready to find me some blackbirds. I'm sure I missed some (prolly a lot) but the following folks need to get out their eatin' utensiles, because I think if they have any integrity in them they'll be eating some big helpin's of crow:

• Abyssul
    • Cardfan
    • cnote1287
    • Deihmos
    • Elysian893
    • Stihl and dude, I believe you've got a debt of a certain type of pic every third post...
    • and a whole host of others

Would ya'll prefer original recipe or cajun spicy?

So you believed the OP without a hint of suspicion ?
    I had more than a hint of suspicion, but I also didn't declare that it wasn't true, couldn't ever be true and accuse the OP of all kinds of stuff like some people did.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Remember the rounded corners weren't there in the NFS game? Yes, just like several apps in 1.3.5 (photos, videos, camera).
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i kinda miss the rounded corners.. but i'd rather have GPU!
    OpenGL will eventually make it to webOS, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If they really were close to releasing it, they probably would have done so in the new patch, then release a statement for the developers that it was available.
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigal27 View Post
    OpenGL will eventually make it to webOS, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If they really were close to releasing it, they probably would have done so in the new patch, then release a statement for the developers that it was available.
    Umm... what? 1.3.5 includes OpenGL. In fact, many are speculating that the web browser is already utilizing it, due to its much improved speed and responsiveness.

When you end up with egg on your face, it's best to move away from the chickens
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post

There's a difference between remaining skeptical and outright declaring something fake.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigal27 View Post
    -The foundations for OpenGL have been found in webOS 1.3.5.

-The playable NFS Game indicates Palm have chosen selected developer(s) (EA) and are already very well into development with it.

-Flash Beta should be coming soon, coming out of Beta and in full working order Q2(1?) 2010.

-TI have stated Flash utilizes the GPU, and thus GPU Acceleration.

-Adobe Demoed Flash back in Early October, hence we can assume GPU Development was underway then, thus GPU acceleration is *far* into development.

Assumptions are speculative, make of it what you will, as for me, CES will have all the answers.

It's interesting that you derived that from what I've said.

No, I almost always have a "hint of suspicion". The thread may have started off with "hint of suspicion", but go back and reread what 's been written here.

There was little talk of "hint of suspicion"; however, there was lots of talk about how this guy was "proven" to be a fake.

This was my view, and though I tend to believe him more now than I did before (he obviously had some inside knowledge of what the Apps Catalog was going to look like), I'm still in the "I'll believe it's coming soon when I see an official date" camp.

This is by far one of the funnier threads I've read on this forum. Nothing wrong with taking things with a grain of salt, but some of the same tired and true nasayers have proclaimed that only only is this a fake, but it's not even possible.

Guess it's important not to have been wrong about dire predictions of failure...

I'm pretty much middle of the road on this. I like to see promises of the future, but will believe it's "coming soon" when I see an official date announced (or the app up on the apps catalog).

Until then though, it does look very promising...
    I thought I'd had enough of cooking "birds" over the holidays, but I'm gettin' ready to find me some blackbirds. I'm sure I missed some (prolly a lot) but the following folks need to get out their eatin' utensiles, because I think if they have any integrity in them they'll be eating some big helpin's of crow:

• Abyssul
    • Cardfan
    • cnote1287
    • Deihmos
    • Elysian893
    • Stihl and dude, I believe you've got a debt of a certain type of pic every third post...

Only thing I mentioned in this thread:

From what i've heard, Palm is having enough problems trying to get audio to work right..much less this.

Read this again..The first paid app is Air Hockey for webOS! Questions? Answers. | Acceleroto
    We'll have to see how it goes. Unless enabling GPU support fixes these concerns somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Only thing I mentioned in this thread:
    We'll have to see how it goes. Unless enabling GPU support fixes these concerns somehow.
    I stand corrected. That'll leave more for you other folks

• Abyssul
    • Cardfan
    • cnote1287
    • Deihmos
    • Elysian893

OMG. Seriously just spit come coffee on the poor guinea pigs cage!!!!!

Lovin It! They are mostly MIA right now it seems. No worries, I'd hope they don't get to play with the new and improved pre. btw my pre and the girls pixi last night could be heard talking about "GPU next, cure for cancer after that and then establishing Palmtopia".....anyone else's phones plotting revolution since 1.3.5?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    It's interesting that you derived that from what I've said.

No, I almost always have a "hint of suspicion". The thread may have started off with "hint of suspicion", but go back and reread what 's been written here.

There was little talk of "hint of suspicion"; however, there was lots of talk about how this guy was "proven" to be a fake.

This was my view, and though I tend to believe him more now than I did before (he obviously had some inside knowledge of what the Apps Catalog was going to look like), I'm still in the "I'll believe it's coming soon when I see an official date" camp.
    Okay , it was in a lighter vein, now cheer up.
    I went back and read all the comments about the PHOTOSHOP colors mismatch , rounded corners and such. lol.
    But the OP could have commented back to the experts in this thread.
    I wonder if he can respond to us.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The OP has probably been hunted down and killed by Jon Rubinstein for ruining his CES surprise.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Okay guys. Wanna see some Pre3d examples for a hint of what's to come. Try this for a first person shooter startup (best in landscape and use wasd to control) and then check out the examples and sample source here. They work better on a Pre than my little laptop.
    An HTML5 compatible browser required, so IE won't be your best choice. The Pre browser
    I went back and read all the comments about the PHOTOSHOP colors mismatch , rounded corners and such. lol.
    No need for me to cheer up, I'm been laughing and smiling more than usual on this one.
    Originally, I figured the OP possibly was offended by the "attack dogs", or possibly was faking it. In light of ... more "recent developments" ... I suspect it's more likely he was sitting back laughing his **** off (with his friend from Palm) at all the "expert opinions" offering "proof".
    Which experts (drips under pressure) would they be? The OP has no need to say a word. It's almost all been said.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Which experts (drips under pressure) would they be? The OP has no need to say a word. It's almost all been said.
    'Zactly! My guess is he thought "I could respond, but the release will be a better response..."
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I smile when I see this thread.
    photoshop and rounded corners