Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Anyone have this problem where you go to your photo roll and pictures that were there and not deleted are suddenly missing?
    YES, ever since the latest WebOS update to 1.3.1 the folder entitled All Pictures is gone. Where did they go.
    my photos wont sync via itunes either...
    I also have noticed that I take about six photos then it starts to delete photos as I take more. Anyone know why?
    Yes itś happens the same to me!!

Does anyone know why??
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This is a really bad bug that Palm needs to fix. I took some pictures of my son before he took off until the summer of 2010 and they've been on there for nearly a month now.

Just yesterday I noticed there were just 2 left out of 10, with my favorite one of the 10 gone.

This really ****es me off. I could care less about the other stuff that is complained about here, but this is a deal breaker for me. Am I supposed to email myself the picture as soon as I take it so I can assure that a picture taken with the Pre doesn't go away for good?

I hope someone fixes this ASAP. It really sucks.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Who can I send a complaint to at Palm about this? I'd rather communicate my frustrations toward someone who will actually fix this issue, rather than whine amongst other whiners.
    None, of my pictures were deleted from the 1.3.1 update. The category "all images," is gone but each image can be found in its respective folder/category.

Also, I have never found that any images get deleted when taking more... How many images do you have? At what point do you think the Pre deletes one to take a new image?

- Did you connect your pre to your computer and search the usb partition for the images your missing?

- Palm has support forums, and also has a place to give feedback/suggestions on their website @ Palm.com
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I had this problem...there is a patch in Preware called improved filename format Apply that patch and you wont lose anymore pics.

For whatever reason the file #'s start repeating and overwriting previous pictures.

This patch gives each file a unique # based on date and time.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    I had this problem...there is a patch in Preware called improved filename format Apply that patch and you wont lose anymore pics.

For whatever reason the file #'s start repeating and overwriting previous pictures.

This patch gives each file a unique # based on date and time.
    Thanks, Leftyman!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWin View Post
    Thanks, Leftyman!!!
    Your welcome..but you should really thank Jason Robitaille..Im pretty sure he developed the patch...if it wasnt him then it was one of the many other members here who are developing all kinds of cool patches and apps

I just had the same problem and found the patch.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I took a dozen pics of setting up the xmas tree and realized later I had four left. This patch seems to have fixed the problem. Has this been reported to palm?
    arghhhhh. I lost all but the 4 crappiest photos from a Christmas event tonight. Is this a bug or is it my fault for using the Mytether patch recently?
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWin View Post
    Anyone have this problem where you go to your photo roll and pictures that were there and not deleted are suddenly missing?
    I have not experienced this , I use the camera app frequently. I have at least 200 pics on board.
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 12/12/2009 at 10:07 PM.
    There must be something causing it. The only thing I've done is run the Mytether patch which does disable the camera. If then disabled it today as I knew I'd be taking photos and they were all there at one point. Not sure how they got deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    There must be something causing it. The only thing I've done is run the Mytether patch which does disable the camera. If then disabled it today as I knew I'd be taking photos and they were all there at one point. Not sure how they got deleted.
    By any chance have you looked via usb if possibly listed there and not viewable through the phone ?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I've never installed my tether, and my wife has been having this problem too on a completely stock phone. When I checked my photos via USB, they where numbered 1 through 46, with 10 of the most recent ones as 1-10. It seems something is resetting the file naming structure of the photos, and new pictures are either overwritting old pics or blocking new pics from saving.

since I've applied the new photo naming patch, I haven't run into this problem. I'll update if that changes.
    I seem to be reading a lot about the solution to the pictures being deleted. I keep reading about people downloading the patch to rename the pics. What is a patch? And can anyone explain to me EXACTLY HOW TO download and apply this solution?
    I did not have a photo problem until today when I went to show an assoc. Some pictures I took about a month ago and they were no were to be found very anoying.

Fred
    I've had that happen several times.... will look for that patch. Is this something Palm is aware of and is planning to fix?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast