Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can concur this....Wifey was complaining to me about this problem, The new pictures has started to overwrite her old pictures. I have since backup all the pictures and removed them from the phone. I would like to know which patch also.
    Sorry, this hasn't happened to me, but there is a thread about this from a few others if you search for it. I think it's in the 1.4 discussion.

Please vote for the Pre. We can still beat the BB Bold! Palm was ahead until just about an hour ago!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    yeah this sucks...sometimes after I take a pic, I have to reopen the camera app, because the camera buttons disappear! And it deletes pics also.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdho View Post
    I can concur this....Wifey was complaining to me about this problem, The new pictures has started to overwrite her old pictures. I have since backup all the pictures and removed them from the phone. I would like to know which patch also.
    Look under the camera patches for "Improved Photo Naming" - I'm installing the patch right now.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    because the camera app is a ****in piece of **** that runined my ******* vacation photos. ****!!!!!!!, can u tell that i'm ****ed?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    yeah this sucks...sometimes after I take a pic, I have to reopen the camera app, because the camera buttons disappear! And it deletes pics also.
    YES, that has happened to me too!!! I have lost some great sunset/ocean pics because of that. The camera has too much lag and has deleted photos 5-6 times for me now. At first I didn't know what was happening, but after checking the forums, I see it is a common problem.

I am a pretty patient person with bugs and technology, but I lost several pics of a super HOT girl, and it will be another month until I see her again!

ARGH!!!

This is a pretty major issue when your phone deletes your photos/video without you knowing. I thought I had the patch, but I guess it was no longer valid on 1.4. So I downloaded Jason's new patch for 1.4. I just hope it works!

I know tech isn't perfect, but I have to say, I haven't noticed any improvements with 1.4. In fact, I think it is slower. I do luna restarts everyday, but the lag on simple things like the phone and opening a contact are too much in my opinion. I never have more than 2-4 cards open at once (email and text are always open...no gps, no wifi, no bluetooth on).

All in all, I love the phone, but issues like this make me wonder. Never had that happen with my treo or centro in 4-5 years of useage!
    It just happened to me today. I snapped a pic last night, when to look at it today, and poof, gone!
    Palm really needs to get 1.4.1 out ASAP.
    Just happened to me the other day. I was like *** where did that photo go. This is really weird and shouldn't be happening. How is it that Palm has so many bugs?
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWin View Post
    Anyone have this problem where you go to your photo roll and pictures that were there and not deleted are suddenly missing?
    Ok, mine did the EXACT same. I was very dissapointed, heres what to do.
    Just plug your Pre into your computer and just let it charge. And then download a program called Recuva. Then run it, and click for pictures in a drive. It will then take about an hour to search through your phone and find everything you deleted. You can then restore all the pictures. Hopes this helps (:
    I've had this excact same problem! I had a ton of pictures from Washington D.C. and now a bunch of them are gone!! It makes me soo mad!!

Isn't your Palm Profile supossed to have an automatic backup for pictures and contacts and stuff?? I would really like those pictures back!! How long has this been going on??
    Quote Originally Posted by chille123 View Post
    Ok, mine did the EXACT same. I was very dissapointed, heres what to do.
    Just plug your Pre into your computer and just let it charge. And then download a program called Recuva. Then run it, and click for pictures in a drive. It will then take about an hour to search through your phone and find everything you deleted. You can then restore all the pictures. Hopes this helps (:
    Does this still work if the pictures have been deleted for a long time??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12