1.    #1  
    So after a fall and a crack to my palm pre screen, I got a $100 warranty replacement from Asurion.

The build date, if I read the sub menu correctly, is 5/26/2009? so I got a first gen refurb? I thought I was suppose to get a new one?
    How does everyone else confirm the build date? It did come with web os 1.1 installed!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this switched to a pre with an october build date? Is it worth it?

With a pre with a perfect screen, does anyone have any suggestions, from complaining about the oreo effect or some buzz word that will make my local sprint store just relent and give me a new one?

So far..it seems to be working ok, but from reading the posts here, I was hoping for an october build date!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlet423 View Post
    So after a fall and a crack to my palm pre screen, I got a $100 warranty replacement from Asurion.

The build date, if I read the sub menu correctly, is 5/26/2009? so I got a first gen refurb? I thought I was suppose to get a new one?
    How does everyone else confirm the build date? It did come with web os 1.1 installed!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this switched to a pre with an october build date? Is it worth it?

With a pre with a perfect screen, does anyone have any suggestions, from complaining about the oreo effect or some buzz word that will make my local sprint store just relent and give me a new one?

So far..it seems to be working ok, but from reading the posts here, I was hoping for an october build date!
    If it is working fine what is the problem?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    you wont get a BNIB phone, insurance replacements are refurbished so it makes sense you got a first gen phone since those would be the first to be refurbished.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I have a first gen phone with not a single problem. Give it a shot, and then only complain if you end up with issues..
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I got my replacement to my original phone build date was 7.17.09 and when they switched my out this one was 6.1.09 so idk but its working fine so far..Build dates are just that, date it was built no bearings or "bad batches"
    I got one last Saturday with an Oct build date and it was NIB with all accessories.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just got a BNIB replacement from Asurion. You just need a helpful rep and firmly request a BNIB phone..

Unit's build date is 10.07.2009

Having said that, I do agree that if your refurb is working good there really isn't a need for a BNIB because even some new ones have physical or functional problems!

But, there's nothing wrong in wanting a new one either. My first replacement was a refurb and it just froze randomly. So, I called and politely but firmly requested a NIB device and got it...
    Last edited by M5Rahul; 11/21/2009 at 06:59 PM.
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7