Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey everyone, I have a fix for this which also allows evdo and 1x roaming without using roaming only. (is meant to connect to alltels evdo in a place where sprint doesn't have it)
    CLICK HERE
    I am having all the sam problems listed above. From texts not going through when I see the "R". Texts saying they didn't go through, but the person recieves it 4 or so times. Not recieving texts when "R". When at home my phone constantly goes from 1x, to "R", to EV. All day long. All from the same two spots in the house. Kills my battery. Once I step on my deck no issues. It is really annoying. I called Sprint and they said they would send PRN update to my phone. I never recieved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endersama View Post
    Hey everyone, I have a fix for this which also allows evdo and 1x roaming without using roaming only. (is meant to connect to alltels evdo in a place where sprint doesn't have it)
    Interesting and wow that is very cool hacking...but I'm not doing it. I appreciate the write and glad someone is thinking out of the box, but this way more then the average user should go through.

BTW, Sprint/Verizon will fix this sooner then later. Verizon may not be motivated, but they'll get to it simply because they don't want of their partners returning the favor.

For now I'll try the Airave (arrives tomorrow via UPS) and look forward to the Roaming fix on the way.
    Still does not work for me. Anyone else have any luck?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Still not working here either -- hope this gets fixed soon -- pretty ridiculous
    Still not working here either in central NJ. I talked to a Sprint rep yesterday who claimed that Sprint does not support text messaging while roaming so it's not a priority and that engineering is "looking into it" but there's no ETA. Not sure how accurate that is.. but sure seems to dovetail nicely with the extremely long time it's taking to resolve this issue.
    I've been having the same issues too. As soon as I did the 1.3.1 update my text messages stopped going through or at least i get an error message saying that it wasn't deliverable while my phone was in roam. Friends have told me that they too have been getting messages multiple times, and i don't receive their responses unless i am back in regular coverage area. Mind you my phone remains on roam in the building that i work in 10+ hrs a day!!! So I'm not able to send/receive anything for 50+ hrs a week!! So I just want to know what exactly am I paying for Sprint?
    It's probably not a Sprint thing, but a Palm thing. I have the same problem, but it only started happening with 1.3.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    It's probably not a Sprint thing, but a Palm thing. I have the same problem, but it only started happening with 1.3.1.
    Have you read the thread? Try looking at this forum as well:

Network and Coverage:Can't send/receive texts while roaming...

This is NOT a Palm thing. It is a Sprint thing. It is happening on multiple different phones, including Blackberries, who are now roaming on Verizon who weren't roaming on Verizon before. The thing that would help would be if people recognized where the problem is and continued calling Sprint to complain. They need to escalate this issue with Verizon, which is where the problem lies. Just because you noticed something around the time of the update doesn't mean it caused the problem. It didn't.
    This was happening to me before 1.3.1. I was hoping 1.3.1 would fix it. Also same thing happens to my wife's Blackberry and my brothers Instinct. So not a Palm problem.
    The problem has been fixed for me!
    Have the same problem, started about a week before 1.3.1. Txt would fail but send anyway, couldn't connect to make a call when I had 5 bars of Sprint service & incoming calls going straight to voicemail. This was happening at work and at home where I never experienced a problem. Sprint is giving me a new Pre because of it.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I just did a test with my 1.3.1 Pre.
    1. Wifi Off - just to rule it out of the equation
    2. Roam Only enabled (using the Preware patch that puts it in the upper right system menu)
    3. Make sure Data is on under Phone Prefs.
    4. Sent SMS message to my Pre. Received it immediately.
    5. Send SMS from my Pre. Received it immediately.

It all works fine.

I turned data off, while still roaming, and repeated the above
    tests, and it still works.

All I can figure for those that are having problems, is that it's
    some sort of issue with the roaming carrier.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I just did a test with my 1.3.1 Pre.
    1. Wifi Off - just to rule it out of the equation
    2. Roam Only enabled (using the Preware patch that puts it in the upper right system menu)
    3. Make sure Data is on under Phone Prefs.
    4. Sent SMS message to my Pre. Received it immediately.
    5. Send SMS from my Pre. Received it immediately.

It all works fine.

I turned data off, while still roaming, and repeated the above
    tests, and it still works.

All I can figure for those that are having problems, is that it's
    some sort of issue with the roaming carrier.

ian
    I tried similar tests. Roam off - problem remained, roaming - problem remained. Tried with both wifi on and off. I believe its a problem in the phone because I started roaming where I never raomed before. I turned roaming off and had decent sprint signal with 4 to 5 bars at times but the problem remained the same. Took the phone to a sprint store and their giving me a new phone. Not sure if this is related or not to the issue but my phone would get very hot at times when this occured.
    Sprint engineers looking into our problem also replaced our phones and guess what our problem still exists.

We all new this was going to happen because it is not a Phone problem with BB and other non-WebOS phones having the same issue, but Sprints Advanced Tech Support had to rule that out.

Our only fix locally has been the Airave update they also provided that has at least stopped the roamng problem from our home. When we exit the building and SMS we have to check our status bar and see who we're on before send replies else it will fail like everyone else Roaming on Verizon/Alltel. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it...our roaming tower used to be Alltel's, which may specifically be our problem.

Does anyone else having problem know for certain your on Alltel's old towers like we are?

The reason I know this relates to dialing someone in our area without an Area Code prefix. Alltel auto interface used too pickup reporting a problem before they were merged with Verizon and the programming was changed...so I know I'm still on Alltel Towers.

Either way, I need to do some testing today and see where things are now...but I'm hopeful and glad to hear not everyone is having problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Sprint engineers looking into our problem also replaced our phones and guess what our problem still exists.

We all new this was going to happen because it is not a Phone problem with BB and other non-WebOS phones having the same issue, but Sprints Advanced Tech Support had to rule that out.

Our only fix locally has been the Airave update they also provided that has at least stopped the roamng problem from our home. When we exit the building and SMS we have to check our status bar and see who we're on before send replies else it will fail like everyone else Roaming on Verizon/Alltel. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it...our roaming tower used to be Alltel's, which may specifically be our problem.

Does anyone else having problem know for certain your on Alltel's old towers like we are?

The reason I know this relates to dialing someone in our area without an Area Code prefix. Alltel auto interface used too pickup reporting a problem before they were merged with Verizon and the programming was changed...so I know I'm still on Alltel Towers.

Either way, I need to do some testing today and see where things are now...but I'm hopeful and glad to hear not everyone is having problems.
    According to the thread on Sprint (Network and Coverage:Can't send/receive texts while roaming...) it was fixed for many people last night. I tried it today in a large store where I always end up roaming, and it appears to have been fixed. Hopefully it will also be fixed at my weekend place of work; should know that tomorrow.
    I roam at home and at work. As of last night I have been able to send text while roaming. It's still working today.
    Just tested mine it works now. With and with out wifi.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Wasn't working for me as late as Thursday night. Just tested and it is working now. They must be rolling out the fix. Good news.
    better than before too...finally its fixed! man this was a pain in the ****...a big thanks to everyone, especially the original poster. u helped us commiserate (man does misery love company or what?) and get to the bottom of the problem too. i def thought it was a 1.3.1 problem as well, but thankfully it wasnt. im surprised it was fixed that quickly..i thought vzw would drag their feet as long as possible on this.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast