Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i hope this gets fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by yungwunn911 View Post
    i hope this gets fixed.
    Yes me too...I rely on text msg and phone and my Sprint Service is useless witout it. If they can't fix our problem soon, we will be leaving sooner then later.

Sucks though, I love my Pre and Verizon Droid and ATT iPhone are weak in comparison to WebOS.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    ROFL, I use to work for the company that previously handled this traffic for Sprint. They moved this traffic to a different provider, and well that is why I don't work there any more.

They moved a bunch of traffic around in the last year, and have had a number of problems because of it. I'm picturing Verisign running around with their heads cut off trying to figure out what is going on. (Verisign is the company handling the inter-carrier SMS Traffic for Sprint currently)
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    I have been getting texts just fine on Roaming -- but let me tell you what I haven't been getting... battery life!! As of 1.3.1 and the Roam Only drop-down-from-the-top-of-the-screen patch, I get about five hours of battery life MAX before it's completely dead. I even ran a complete reinstall with WebOSDoctor and only applied that one patch, and the freaking thing just drains.

Fortunately, I am indeed on forced roam, which means I can receive calls at home, which I can't do on Automatic.
    Yesterday when roaming and in Evdo mine worked. Just now roaming in 1x still does not work.
    well, i'm done with this. I love the pre. Its a great phone, but things like this should not be happening. It didn't happen with my blackberry, not sure if it was b.c they run off "blackberry" towers (is that even true?). I cannot put my friends through 4 texts when they do not have unlimited texting. Also, cannot afford missed calls for work.
    Quote Originally Posted by yungwunn911 View Post
    well, i'm done with this. I love the pre. Its a great phone, but things like this should not be happening. It didn't happen with my blackberry, not sure if it was b.c they run off "blackberry" towers (is that even true?). I cannot put my friends through 4 texts when they do not have unlimited texting. Also, cannot afford missed calls for work.
    It is happening for Sprint Blackberry users as well, based on multiple other websites. This is NOT specific to the Pre, and has nothing to do with the Pre. It has to do with Verizon.
    Still nothing from Sprint besides the occasional "Engineering is still checking into your problem (SMS failure when roam)"

I'm beginning to run out of options and if Verizon (Alltel) or otherwise doesn't fix the issue soon, I'll also be leaving.

For now I'm using Google Voice SMS (since it works on both Cell and WIFI) to circumvent the issue, but it is Certainly not convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Still nothing from Sprint besides the occasional "Engineering is still checking into your problem (SMS failure when roam)"
    A Sprint Employee responded on this thread:

Network and Coverage:Can't send/receive texts while roaming...

"Sprint has identified the problem is actually on our roaming partner's network. We are working with them to get the problem resolved."

and

"Sprint does not have an ETA for solution of the problem because it is on the roaming partners network. It has been escalated with them and is being worked.

We have also posted an internal Service Alert bulletin so Customer Care advocates should be aware of the issue when customers call in."
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    A Sprint Employee responded on this thread:

Network and Coverage:Can't send/receive texts while roaming...

"Sprint has identified the problem is actually on our roaming partner's network. We are working with them to get the problem resolved."

and

"Sprint does not have an ETA for solution of the problem because it is on the roaming partners network. It has been escalated with them and is being worked.

We have also posted an internal Service Alert bulletin so Customer Care advocates should be aware of the issue when customers call in."
    This totally sucks. Why aren't more people up in arms about this? Is it only happening to some people? We need to blanket customer service with complaints.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    This totally sucks. Why aren't more people up in arms about this? Is it only happening to some people? We need to blanket customer service with complaints.
    that won't do much good. the problem is verizon changed something and now sms cant get through their system. my guess is that they want more $ from Sprint because a lot of people are sending sms while roaming. verizon probably won't even take calls from sprint customers. i don't know if anything can be done from the customer perspective.
    Not working tonight...

What's worse, no guarantee this won't happen on Verizon or ATT. I could switch services and have the same problem on someone elses network when roaming or otherwise.

Either way, they'll be sending me an airave and service for free soon enough to at least stop the bleeding.
    I had an open ticket with Sprint Support on this and got a terse email from them yesterday that said:
    "We are working with Verizon to fix the problem".
    May be in 2015, but they are working to fix the problem.
    Certainly not on Verizon/Alltel/Sprints high priority list...

Still broken in North Florida...yikes. Shame I'm not a better programmer and understood the Google Voice SDK since SMS through their interface still works and the only problem is not having a direct SMS client.
    I haven't noticed this... I roam everyday when I first get off the subway, and have sent/received many a text message while in roaming.

Very frustrating I imagine though, and definitely shouldn't be happening. Hopefully they get this one straightened out soon. At least Sprint is acknowledging that it is a problem though, that is step #1...
    True so true...at least they know it is a problem, no fix yet.

Thankfully, they are sending me an free Airave and Service to fix our home problem.

Won't resolve out other problems when roaming, but it will at least take care of thing local till Sprint and Verizon can fix their issues.

BTW, I had to threaten canceling our service to get the Airave and service for free. This won't fix the problem, but it will keep us working local and happy till it is fixed.
    glad to see it isn't a pre problem I was getting frustrated with the whole txt failed to send, but went out like 5 times thing..now if we can only get Verizon to fix this issue..it only affects me at work, but when i'm there i'm there for 12 hrs, and i'll get txt messages a day later that were sent while i was at work..
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus-X View Post
    I have been getting texts just fine on Roaming -- but let me tell you what I haven't been getting... battery life!! As of 1.3.1 and the Roam Only drop-down-from-the-top-of-the-screen patch, I get about five hours of battery life MAX before it's completely dead. I even ran a complete reinstall with WebOSDoctor and only applied that one patch, and the freaking thing just drains.

Fortunately, I am indeed on forced roam, which means I can receive calls at home, which I can't do on Automatic.
    had that issue went to sprint and they gave me two extra batteries. Not a great solution but I carry two extra fully charged batteries with me now. so thats 15 hrs now. lol. And I have a car charger which chargers faster then my house charger. Does anyone else's car charger perform better then the house charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    glad to see it isn't a pre problem I was getting frustrated with the whole txt failed to send, but went out like 5 times thing..now if we can only get Verizon to fix this issue..it only affects me at work, but when i'm there i'm there for 12 hrs, and i'll get txt messages a day later that were sent while i was at work..
    same problem kinda, but my message do come in after a few minutes or so...its the going out multiple times that is driving us crazy.

You know the Airave simply acts as a repeator/booster and can be used anywhere in the US. If I had this problem at work, I'd have them send one for that as well till the problem is fixed. It would be a lot cheaper then Sprint losing customers.
    Does the airave give you EV Data, or just sprint voice service? I am having the same problem @ work, we have no coverage inside our shop. I have two employee's that roam on Verizon while at work. Would be nice to fix this problem, and gain EV service @ the same time.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast