Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should ask for an airave i think thats how its spelled ,alot of people that dont get good signal at home have gotten them for free soo..... its worth a try anyways. and sprint has by far the best signal where i live and all around this part of the country so i dont know what your talking about myself. of course if your anywhere near an interstate, you should have better signal in this instance .
    I have an airave on the way, of course it's been on the way for 2 weeks now. I'm calling to check on the delivery today. An additional problem is that 2 of the people on the family plan live in another house and sprint won't send 2 airraves. I also live right by a major highway in MD but the signal is very weak and like I said, even when I get signal calls are dropped.

OK, updated to 1.3.1 going to apply patches through preware alone to try and limit other influences.
  2.    #22  
    So I installed preware and patched to advanced phone features. I set my phone to roam, wifes phone was not roaming. I sent a text, it failed to send from my phone but my wife received the text 4 times. I uninstalled advanced phone and installed add roam to prefs and add roam to drop down but I still don't see a roam-only option in phone prefs. When I set to roam only my phone prefs are set to sprint only and like I said before, data roaming slider disappears. Still no luck. I think I'm going to back down to 1.2.1 for a couple weeks and then try again.
    Just a heads up,

I've been back and forth with Sprint tech support and got a call from engineering at sprint this morning and relayed the info everyone is providing hear about about Text SMS failure and our phones either running on Roam only or flip floping back and forth.

We're supposed to have Sprint in our area and this problem began about when 1.3.1 came out, so may be bad timing, but either way it needs to be fixed and hopefully they get back with me soon.

Hopefuly more news later,
    We've been discussing this over in the CDMA-North America forum:
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...es-sprint.html

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...-13-times.html

this is not a 1.3.1 issue. I had it on1.2.1 (just got udated to 1.3.1 last night) The problem has been going on since at least 11/06. I've seen it discussed on other forums as well.

Sprint needs to put out an official statement on this outage so that they techs will stop trying to fix phone problems when it's obviously not a phone problem or a local problem like the techs believe it is. FYI...the last tech I spoke with gave me this ticket number (5118129) for the sms outage problems. I haven't had time to call and follow up on it though.
    thanks for the heads up and I guess we've been lucky till now, but I'll try to pass on what you are referencing.

I take it there's no fix for the problem?
  6.    #26  
    I just talked to tech support and the rep said that since Verizon bought Alltel there have been new prl's pushed out and that Sprint's roaming agreements have changed meaning that this may not be a problem but the new standard. He also said a new prl was pushed out this week which coincides with the texting troubles. I threatened to cancel and a manager offered to send out another airave for the other family members in my family plan. I'd rather text worked while roaming but because of the new roaming agreements it may not in my area.
    bummer i roam all the time myself but i live on the gulf coast
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ussfoshizzle View Post
    I just talked to tech support and the rep said that since Verizon bought Alltel there have been new prl's pushed out and that Sprint's roaming agreements have changed meaning that this may not be a problem but the new standard. He also said a new prl was pushed out this week which coincides with the texting troubles. I threatened to cancel and a manager offered to send out another airave for the other family members in my family plan. I'd rather text worked while roaming but because of the new roaming agreements it may not in my area.
    So at what time are they going to notify the customers of this change? This makes or breaks usage for a lot of Sprint customers. The tower I've roamed on the majority of the time is a Verizon one. Have roamed on it for years. This is at work, so I can't have an airave installed there. And he is very misinformed, the texting problems for some people have been going on for over two weeks, way before this weeks prl push.
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
    So at what time are they going to notify the customers of this change? This makes or breaks usage for a lot of Sprint customers. The tower I've roamed on the majority of the time is a Verizon one. Have roamed on it for years. This is at work, so I can't have an airave installed there. And he is very misinformed, the texting problems for some people have been going on for over two weeks, way before this weeks prl push.
    I talked with Sprint today. I told him I tried to text while in roam with my wife's Blackberry and it did the same thing. He then said he was going to turn my ticket over to the roaming department (as it did not seem to be a problem with just the Pre) and they would fix it. He told me to keep trying to text when in roam and I would notice the problem would go away. I have the same issues as you, I am also in TN. Where I work I roam on Verizon.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My wife and I have been noticing the same problem here. She has a blackberry and I have a pre. Her blackberry is on permanent roam only, since sprint coverage at our house isn't that great and she doesn't want to have to worry about switching back and forth.

About 2 weeks ago we both started experiencing the text problems. We can send txts while in roam, but not receive them, and the recipient will often get the message multiple times. When we send, the phone will say it didn't go through and her blackberry will give a particular error code (don't remember the numbers off the top of my head).

We roam on verizon and have never had the problem before.

Haven't called Sprint yet because I haven't really gotten around to it, and we've been working around it with email.

Definitely not just a Pre or 1.3.1 problem though.
    I've been having the same problem here in Jersey as well. I roam when I'm in my office every day, but otherwise have normal sprint coverage. It started for me this past Tuesday (11/17) when I started getting "message failed" errors. I resent a text to my girlfriend a few times after getting the error and it finally said it went through.. when I met up with her a little while later she showed me that the text had come through to her phone 4x for every 1 I sent LOL

Hopefully they'll get this resolved.. super annoying.
    Tested this morning. Still not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
    We've been discussing this over in the CDMA-North America forum:
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...es-sprint.html

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...-13-times.html

this is not a 1.3.1 issue. I had it on1.2.1 (just got udated to 1.3.1 last night) The problem has been going on since at least 11/06. I've seen it discussed on other forums as well.

Sprint needs to put out an official statement on this outage so that they techs will stop trying to fix phone problems when it's obviously not a phone problem or a local problem like the techs believe it is. FYI...the last tech I spoke with gave me this ticket number (5118129) for the sms outage problems. I haven't had time to call and follow up on it though.
    Exactly....and how can I prove it's not a 1.3.1 issue? Because I still am running 1.2.1 and having the same problem. Not only that, I can date when it started exactly. Every weekend I am in a roaming area that has roamed successfully with Alltel for four years....EVDO rev A, no texting problems. Two weeks ago (i know this because a friend works for Alltel/Verizon) on a Friday night at midnight they switched the tower from Alltel to Verizon. The next day I had no phone or text service. I updated my PRL, waited a few days, and now I have phone service, X1 speed only, and the text problem exactly as described here. I have talked to advanced tech twice, transmitted this info to many people at Sprint, from retentions to other administrators, and they all say (in part) that there's nothing they can do, that it's up to Verizon. That is a crock. It is their responsibility to get this cleared up with their roaming partner. I think what it boils down to is that Verizon is not about to play nicely with Sprint, and I see this as an ongoing problem. I've also posted this on Sprintusers.com and it is widespread, and not being addressed by Sprint at all.
    and how can I prove it's not a 1.3.1 issue? Because I still am running 1.2.1
    I can co-sign.. I started having the problem on 11/17 (as stated above) and I didn't install 1.3.1 until 11/19.
    I hope gets fixed!
    Live the Pre life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShArK *** View Post
    I hope gets fixed!
    I wonder if we can get the moderators to rename this post, as it doesn't relate to 1.3.1 at all, but rather to roaming issues between Sprint and Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Exactly....and how can I prove it's not a 1.3.1 issue? Because I still am running 1.2.1 and having the same problem. Not only that, I can date when it started exactly. Every weekend I am in a roaming area that has roamed successfully with Alltel for four years....EVDO rev A, no texting problems. Two weeks ago (i know this because a friend works for Alltel/Verizon) on a Friday night at midnight they switched the tower from Alltel to Verizon. The next day I had no phone or text service. I updated my PRL, waited a few days, and now I have phone service, X1 speed only, and the text problem exactly as described here. I have talked to advanced tech twice, transmitted this info to many people at Sprint, from retentions to other administrators, and they all say (in part) that there's nothing they can do, that it's up to Verizon. That is a crock. It is their responsibility to get this cleared up with their roaming partner. I think what it boils down to is that Verizon is not about to play nicely with Sprint, and I see this as an ongoing problem. I've also posted this on Sprintusers.com and it is widespread, and not being addressed by Sprint at all.
    At this point, I am going to have no choice but to drop Sprint. The service here in Nashville is shoddy and hit or miss so roaming has been the option. I now rely on my phone for person and business reasons, it's no longer an accessory that I can make do without.

Sprint needs to get off their (insert any banned word here) and acknowledge the issue. If they and Verizon have broken their partnership...fine. Customers that have relied on this need to know. All they are doing is making customers mad by having them go in circles with techs that have not been made aware of the issue. Now you've got both customers and tech po'ed. And their customer service rating is taking a hit that they really can't afford.

Edited to add: Looks like Sprint may be actually working on the issue. There is a thread on the Sprint buzzaboutwireless board, don't know if it's against the rules to post links here or not. Plus I'm not sure if that's the official word from Sprint. I've seen post labeled as sprint employees over there before that were way off base.
    Having the same issue here. I actually amde a post in the CDMA section.

I JUST got my Pre, on 1.3.1 and am having the million times text issue.

Very painful and if not fixed I wil be forced to switched. sucks, b.c i AM happy on sprint, but sice i work 8-5 in Allendale, NJ where i roam all day...well..you know.

EDIT: I've notice that putting the phone very close to my window where the sprint service picks up, the issue is on more.

Also, I might add, this did NOT happen last week when I had my blackberry..even when roaming.
  19.    #39  
    Now that I realize that it's not a 1.3.1 issue I do think it started for me on 11.15.09. I had subscribed to NFL text updates and I didn't receive some of the game texts until wednesday. I tried to edit the thread title but was unsuccessful.
    Network and Coverage:Can't send/receive texts while roaming...

apparently the Pre is not the only affected Sprint device.

According to the posts from map_guy (Sprint employee) on page two, Sprint has identified the issue and escalated it to their "roaming partner" for resolution. Of course, no ETA.
    Last edited by themirthfulswami; 11/23/2009 at 11:41 AM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast