1.    #1  
    Dear all rebel sim users,

I have a rebel sim in my UK palm pre. for some odd reason, the left side (the side without the usb port)creaks whenever i type on the keyboard.

I have tried putting on the cover
    without the battery - no creak
    battery + cover - no creak
    rebel sim + battery ....creak

does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks
    my phone creaks too - and that's without a rebel sim. doesn't really bother me
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
    my phone creaks too - and that's without a rebel sim. doesn't really bother me
    This. It's only sometimes for me and it seems to be the battery cover squeaking a little. Not really a deal breaker and I think they'd laugh at you if you tried to return it for this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Happens to me without any custom sim card business. I think it's because the back cover has warped or something - Would a touchstone cover fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    Happens to me without any custom sim card business. I think it's because the back cover has warped or something - Would a touchstone cover fix it?
    I have a touchstone cover - so no!
    Try putting a piece of paper under the door then close it.

My Centro had the same issue and that worked.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7.    #7  
    I put a small piece of paper between the phone and the back cover - and yes it works!

I cut a bit of heat sensitive paper (a receipt), folded it twice and put it on top of the rebel sim - creaking's been significantly reduced.
    Another more efficient (and arguably less overheat-prone) fix I discovered last night whilst fiddling with my pre and some tape:
    Open the back of your Pre and remove the battery
    Get some tape, and place it over the SIM (overlapping around the sim and down into the battery compartment- it may need a little trimming)
    This will hold down the SIM, and so it won't press on the battery cover anymore, presto, no creaking. Feels like a much more solid phone now, pictures to come soon.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 12/20/2009 at 05:11 AM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    My pre creaked on lhs also with original back,since replacing with TS back not a single creak!