1.    #1  
    This update sucks. Its laggy, If I want to open a link I have to tap it from anywhere from 3-10 times before it will go. Pages don't load properly. Just a poorly written update. I used webOS doctor and it brought me back down to 1.2, so I upgraded again to 1.3.1 and same issues. Also can anybody confirm that if you don't upgrade to a new firmware that palm indeed forces your phone to upgrade at some point, thanks.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    A stock Palm Pre with 1.3.1 should not be laggy. You have underlying issues. It's not a poorly written update causing your problems.

OTOH, a stock Palm Pre will automatically be updated with the latest software, so if you have a bone stock Pre with 1.2, it will update on it's own. There are lines of code that you could add to prevent upgrades.

And that brings us full circle wondering what lines of code might be causing your Pre to be laggy. If you insist that it is stock and laggy with 1.3.1, you should take it back and have it exchanged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistermarc View Post
    This update sucks. Its laggy, If I want to open a link I have to tap it from anywhere from 3-10 times before it will go. Pages don't load properly. Just a poorly written update. I used webOS doctor and it brought me back down to 1.2, so I upgraded again to 1.3.1 and same issues. Also can anybody confirm that if you don't upgrade to a new firmware that palm indeed forces your phone to upgrade at some point, thanks.
    Remember phone runs quite slow the first few hours until contacts & email are all synced up w/google...mine takes about 4 hours of device on time or overnight.
    I think OP is just asking how to go from 1.3.1 to 1.3, and the answer is, you can't. There is no 1.3.0. It wasn't released. It went from 1.2 to 1.2.1 to 1.3.1.

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistermarc View Post
    This update sucks. Its laggy, If I want to open a link I have to tap it from anywhere from 3-10 times before it will go.
    I think timing on link-tapping changed in 1.3.1, perhaps to avoid stray touches accidentally following a link(?).

Try increasing the length of time you contact the link ever so slightly, and it should work fine for you again. Don't hold the link down, just slightly increase the contact time when you tap - make it more "definite". I had to adapt a little after the 1.3.1 update, but its working fine for me now.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    ....And that brings us full circle wondering what lines of code might be causing your Pre to be laggy. If you insist that it is stock and laggy with 1.3.1, you should take it back and have it exchanged.

You dont have to exchange it, just run it through the doctor. it could have been a bad update or mabye something that was on the device prior to the i.3.1 update. Either way, running the 1.3.1 doctor should take care of any software issues.
    Friend of mine has a Pre as well, and her 1.3.1 update completely killed speed, it's absurdly slow, I couldn't believe it, because my phone is so fast with 1.3.1(albeit mine has a resetting issue not related to the battery).
    If your Pre is slower after an update the best option is to dr it. I dr on every major update os my pre always stays fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  9.    #9  
    ok I'll try that, I dr with old dr maybe that did something, what I was trying to ask was has anyone actually had their phone force an update, I know that's what's supposed to happen but just wondering
    is there a way to downgrade back to 1.2.1. i ran the web doctor but got to 6 percent and then just froze

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'd like to downgrade to 1.3 also...

but not because of how my phone operates... it's not sluggish... it seems to work fine... I've updated my PRL because I'd heard that was an issue... but forgot that it would revert when I doctored it last night...

Basically, my issue is that my phone's battery life had degraded after the last update... Prior to upgrading to 1.3.1, my phone would actually last all day, sometimes more like 2 days with my minimal use on it's battery...

I doctored the phone after reading someone's suggestion that it might resolve my battery drain issues. I don't have any extra curricular stuff, no patches, no home brew, etc.

My phone feels warm to the touch most of the time... even when it hasn't been in a shirt pocket. There have been a couple of times where the phone's been rather hot and the battery has drained down to nothing in just a couple of hours... note that this was while I wasn't using the phone... (no calling, no playing games, nothing...)

Taking it to the sprint store, they told me my battery was the old one that had issues and ordered a replacement... I've swapped the physical hardware... I've tried turning off WIFI (which had been on during the time I'd been getting a full day of runtime), I've reduced how frequently e-mail is checked... and find it very frustrating that I don't hardly use my phone and it lasts less than 8 hours on a full charge.

Today the phone is down to 20% battery left after approximately 8 hours of runtime, with no phone calls, minimally using the user interface (maybe 5 minutes on break of playing a card game)... this really sucks...

I think I may have downloaded the older 1.2.x webdoctor before...

thoughts?
    you can't downgrade to 1.3.0 this is a smart phone and why do people get it if they can't research. 1.3.0 was never availabe to the public do a dam universal search on ur phone. One "smart person" posted earlier he wanted to downgrade to 1.0.0 this really makes no sense at all, just like to 1.3.0 do some research next time... And no you cannot downgrade to 1.2.9
    haha you can downgrade to 1.2.x easily with webos doctor. Then just access linux and turn off auto updates, ive been runing 1.2.1 for weeks. 1.3.1 was awful, slow and buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    haha you can downgrade to 1.2.x easily with webos doctor. Then just access linux and turn off auto updates, ive been runing 1.2.1 for weeks. 1.3.1 was awful, slow and buggy.
    not to bash on your comment, but you think the OP even knows how to do that. clearly he did not know 1.3.0 was not even available to the public.
    Its never too late to learn