1.    #1  
    Since the update when I try and turn my phone off by holding down the top button>power off>shutdown/swap battery my phone just sits there, it won't turn off that way, my touchscreen works just fine.

The only way I can turn the phone off is through
    device info>shut down

Anyone else have this problem? I'm 2 seconds away from calling to replace the phone or taking it to a store (I work in Tech Support at Sprint and haven't had this call before and no one seems to know about it either)

UGH...
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Did you pull the battery, wait a minute, and put it back and restart?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    hold your power button and pull the sound slider three times while holding the power button it will make an automatic restart of the phone and should reset your settings..
    missclick: is your phone factory or have you modded it (patches/preware/etc?)
    The problem is that 1.3.1 did not install correctly. either use Repair 1.72 or use webos doctor 1.3.1. This should solve your issue. Sometimes w/ OTA is the update is a large file like 1.3.1 some of the info/files gets corrupted even if you use wifi [note: I'm not saying OTA is bad, but if it has problems thats why]

Good Luck
    does anyone have any idea which file controls this shut down screen?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Let it sit there for a day or so. It will turn off all on it's own.

Sorry, probably not the help you were looking for.
  8.    #8  
    I have powercycled my phone, and ran the web os doctor, still won't tun off.... UGH...