1.    #1  
    I've spent a few hours trying to customize my notification sound, but it continues to use the camera shutter sound. I've done soft/hard resets and even run the doctor, but in the end, I am not able to change my notification sound.. (via My Notifications). I have no problem with the ringer, but I can't change the notification sound for the life of me.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I've become frustrated since I can't think of anything else to do. I've tried .wav/.mp3 but it continues to play the same sound.
    What are you trying to do? Which notification do you want to change?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    I'm trying to change my text message sound. In the past, I've just
    used the My Notification app, but after the last update, the only
    notification sound my pre plays is the camera shutter sound. I can't think of anything
    I haven't tried to solve this problem.
    are you talking about when youre adjusting the notification volume or when you actually get a text message?
  5.    #5  
    The sound my phone makes when I actually get a test message.

I've always used the "My Notification" app to change the sound
    (importing a sound I've created into the ringtone folder and adding
    it that way). Since the update, the only sound my phone makes is
    the "shutter" sound.. no matter what I change the "notification"
    sound to.
    did you remove your patches before you updated?
  7.    #7  
    Yes.. I removed everything I had installed via Quickinstall and Preware. I'll just do
    a full erase and start over and see if that fixes it. Thanks for your help.
    dang.

i browse here a lot and i cant say i have seen anyone get stuck with the sound as their actual notification.

sorry. but definitely let us know if the restore fixes it.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah.. I'm with you chud.. I don't get it either. I have been very
    impressed with my Pre so far.. (and still am despite this) but just
    can't seem to figure out what the problem here might be. I don't have
    a ton of data on my phone so the erase doesn't set me back too
    far.

I'll keep you posted.
    you can just use the ringer switch on the top. it cancels all sounds when you see the red bar.
    OP, are you going into the actual Messenger preferences and trying to change your sound there? The app My Notification is obsolete now because you can change the sound natively in Messenger.
    I was getting no sound from Text Messages... when i adjust the volume in the notification area i get the camera shutter sound...but when i get a text message i receive the pre-sent sound i choose.... crazyyyy