1. RDS
    I had to take my Palm Pre in for a fix after the screen decided to black-out, and they gave me a refurbished handset.

The problem I'm having is a strange one. My Pre syncs fine with Gmail, Facebook and Palm Profile, but it has duplicate contacts.

Or at least, that is what it looks like. Because when you hit the duplicates, they don't open - it just pops up a new screen, which then closes and returns me to the contact list.

I've tried merging the duplicates with the primary contacts, but this doesn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RDS
    Funny you should post this - I'm having the exact same problem today after I got a replacement Pre (my original got nailed by the headphone jack problem).

I think it happened after the 1.3.1 upgrade hit - I had 1.1.3 on the refub and setup my sync accounts. After the update, I had to redo all the accounts again and that's when I noticed the duplicates.

I've pulled all the accounts \ contacts out (rendering the phone a little useless), and now I'm left with a long list of Contacts that I can't open at all (same pop-up behavior).

Is there any way to reset the phone to the initial setup? Or, is there a way to delete this list of Contacts I have now?

Chris.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Please keep me updated on this...
    I'm getting my refurb soon and I don't want this to happen to me.
    Ok - I've fixed my problem...

All it took was a full WebOSDoctor reset using the latest 1.3.1 version. After dropping it on the Pre, I went through the setup again and all my Accounts have synced properly again.

Chris.