Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Just to try some things out, before the 1.3.1 update I had used Quick System Tools to turn off my GPS, Bluetooth, Data, and Wifi. (You can do this all manually through other programs, but Quick System puts it all together.)

I had basic usage of the phone - not heavy, but some web searching and GPS when needed. Turn the GPS, etc., on when you need it, then off again when you're done.

Not a perfect solution, but nice to know that it's possible. For heavy Data users, this may not be a great option, but I tried it again with Data turned on all the time, and was able to go a day and a half.

One more note - one day I left Zilch running as a card, and my battery life died! I don't know if every program does this, but evidently some still access the battery when minimized!

I will try this again with 1.3.1 and let you know how it went.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    People keep complaining about the battery life (and mine's not great either), but I don't think people realize how much more they use their phone with the pre just because it's so nice to use! My old sanyo flip would last 2 days with some texting, checking espn for scores every once in a while, and a few phone calls. My windows mobile phone (htc touch) would last pretty much 1 full day with only occasional problems...but I noted my texting increased significantly, my web browsing as well...just because I felt it was easier than the sanyo. Now with the pre, I am constantly on the web, using apps, navigation, texting because it's just a pleasure to use...however that does force me to charge the phone during the day for a little nearly every day...yeah, I have to charge the phone, but if I used my old flip phone the way I use my pre, I doubt it would last much longer than the pre...yeah, i could turn off all the functionality of the pre, it would then be basically equivalent to my old sanyo flip...I'd probably get 2 days of battery with it
    I also get the feeling that I'm more attuned to how much the battery is depleting more than on my old phones. When there were only, say, three bars to pay attention to, a single bar made me panic a lot less than "33%" battery left, even though they might have meant exactly the same thing.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I agree get a 2600 extended battery and all of your problems running the phone will be over. My pre last 14 hours before it reaches 10%. Yes it makes the phone a little bit chunky but it fits in my hands better. im not affraid im going to drop it. I can have a bunch of things open and running with out worry. The best 60.00 i have ever spent!!!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    My battery is constantly dead and I only lightly use my device. At first I was like 10 hours of batter life is not a problem. Now it is just ****ing me off. I have a touch stone and the battery is fully charged when I leave by about 10am the next day it is dead.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    My battery is constantly dead and I only lightly use my device. At first I was like 10 hours of batter life is not a problem. Now it is just ****ing me off. I have a touch stone and the battery is fully charged when I leave by about 10am the next day it is dead.
    I would check to see if your e-mail is constantly checking or something like that - sounds like something is trying to stay connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by omardd98 View Post
    I agree get a 2600 extended battery and all of your problems running the phone will be over. My pre last 14 hours before it reaches 10%. Yes it makes the phone a little bit chunky but it fits in my hands better. im not affraid im going to drop it. I can have a bunch of things open and running with out worry. The best 60.00 i have ever spent!!!
    Or get a few spare batteries or the Fueltank (Callpod). I'm no longer worried when traveling on business.

On the other hand, Palm - this phone's battery life is pathetic esp. post 1.3.5 with WI-FI on. Please look into this!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12