Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    When I first got my pre a few weeks ago I was convinced that center button did nothing.

Then a while ago I noticed if I was in an app it could take me to card view. Very nice. I liked that.

Then after another reset after 1.3.1, my center button does nothing.

Did they change it? Did it break? Does this pretty little pearl just not do anything?
    yours is just broken, because mine still works
    Mine is still working fine - minimizes or maximizes cards as needed.

Try resetting from Device Info -
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I wish it did more than minimize and maximize. I find it useless as of this moment. Maybe it'll do more in the near future.
    The one thing it's really useful for, is that it gives you a starting or stopping point for a half swipe gesture. Of course, they could have accomplished the same thing with nothing more than a raised bump like you would find on the f and j keys of a standard keyboard.

Oh well.....

Oh, and they're right. Either yours is broken, or you have some patch/app/glitch that has turned it off.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    restarting from device info didn't do anything an d I really don't want to reset.

no patches or homebrews.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdan View Post
    When I first got my pre a few weeks ago I was convinced that center button did nothing.

Then a while ago I noticed if I was in an app it could take me to card view. Very nice. I liked that.

Then after another reset after 1.3.1, my center button does nothing.

Did they change it? Did it break? Does this pretty little pearl just not do anything?
    Either you're unobservant or your center button was impaired from the beginning. I suspect the latter; it was damaged all along/early on.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    okay it just started working again.

I was in card view and pressed it and it worked. Now it's working just fine. Just a strange thing.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    you can use it with the led patch.....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    It will also wake the phone when the keyboard is exposed. Soon (right now with a patch) it will blink for notifications.. I rarely use it for anything though.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Either you're unobservant or your center button was impaired from the beginning. I suspect the latter; it was damaged all along/early on.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdan View Post
    okay it just started working again.

I was in card view and pressed it and it worked. Now it's working just fine. Just a strange thing.
    I guess I was wrong. ;-)
    Last edited by west3man; 11/21/2009 at 08:08 PM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    It gets in my way when I try to make gestures

that's funny, because I never ever use the canter button. The phone would look better with out it.
    Wish I could use it to take a picture and maybe bring up the onscreen keyboard, just using the LED notifications now. Other than that the Pixi has shown that it is useless.